ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Allow me to vent (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262483)

okcchief 08-17-2012 08:07 PM

It always amazes me the money this country spends on useless research projects, putting a rover on Mars or bailing out big business. How about putting some money towards helping local school districts? We are already ass loads in debt, what's a little more.

Sorry to hear about you misfortune. Hope you land on your feet soon.

The Bad Guy 08-19-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8825268)
Very sorry to hear this. SED teachers have a special place in our society IMHO. Hang in there; I hope you don't give up your vocation. There are kids that need you.

No, I'm definitely not giving up. I worked hard to get all of my sterling evaluations and will get a job (hopefully soon) with a lucky district.

The Bad Guy 08-19-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 8825329)
Totally his fault that TBG's district has declining enrollment. Commandant Obama should mandate a set amount of children and limit population mobility. ;)

That's just the clever excuse the administration is using. Down 5% doesn't equal a 30% staff reduction. They want to build their fund balance for next year and the year after, but the administration get their huge salaries, 4% pay increases. Makes no sense. The teachers even took pay freezes last year with the agreement that there would be no furloughs until a new deal could be reached. The district clearly broke the agreement since there's no new contract. Hopefully an arbitrator sees it that way.

Obama really had little to do with this. The bastard gov. of PA is the main one to blame. Won't tax oil companies that are making millions here, but will take tons away from education.

Titty Meat 08-19-2012 02:38 PM

I'm sorry to hear this Frank.

The way the teachers are treated is shitty too. A lot are underpaid and the bad ones are treated just as good as the best.

NewChief 08-19-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8833121)
That's just the clever excuse the administration is using. Down 5% doesn't equal a 30% staff reduction. They want to build their fund balance for next year and the year after, but the administration get their huge salaries, 4% pay increases. Makes no sense. The teachers even took pay freezes last year with the agreement that there would be no furloughs until a new deal could be reached. The district clearly broke the agreement since there's no new contract. Hopefully an arbitrator sees it that way.

Obama really had little to do with this. The bastard gov. of PA is the main one to blame. Won't tax oil companies that are making millions here, but will take tons away from education.

What kills me in education are the amount of bureaucrats, paper pushers, and "curriculum administrators" being hired. Our district's CIAA (Curriciulum Instruction Assessment and Alignment) "department" just keeps swelling in numbers year after year. Nevermind that these people have ZERO contact with students. They sit in meetings and "brainstorm" the majority of the time. They're completely out of touch, and it seems their primary job is to justify their jobs.

But yeah, sorry, TBG. I'm lucky to be in a well-funded district and have a solid position there, but a lot of good teachers are getting screwed right now.

Al Bundy 08-19-2012 03:12 PM

Damn that sucks. I doubt you'll be unemployed for long.

big nasty kcnut 08-19-2012 05:05 PM

Frank i'm pulling for you and i understand they cut my hours at work and then blame me for it.

BIG_DADDY 08-19-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8833206)
What kills me in education are the amount of bureaucrats, paper pushers, and "curriculum administrators" being hired. Our district's CIAA (Curriciulum Instruction Assessment and Alignment) "department" just keeps swelling in numbers year after year. Nevermind that these people have ZERO contact with students. They sit in meetings and "brainstorm" the majority of the time. They're completely out of touch, and it seems their primary job is to justify their jobs.

But yeah, sorry, TBG. I'm lucky to be in a well-funded district and have a solid position there, but a lot of good teachers are getting screwed right now.

Isn't that the very nature of a bureaucracy?

NewChief 08-19-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 8833413)
Isn't that the very nature of a bureaucracy?

Yup. Pretty much. It's why I'm getting closer and closer to wanting to just abolish the damned DofEd. Education has become the next great governmental money grab. They realize that there's tons to be made, so all the government "servants" (who like to rotate from consulting jobs to government jobs and back) are now loving the whole "ed reform" movement. The amount of money that's being put into tests to show what's "broken" about our education system is equaled only by the amount of money (amazingly directed to the same people doing the testing) who are selling programs to "fix" it.

BossChief 08-19-2012 06:23 PM

Damn, so Skip finally made that call, eh?

-trying to add a hair of comic relief-

The Bad Guy 08-19-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8833581)
Damn, so Skip finally made that call, eh?

-trying to add a hair of comic relief-

Solid joke.

Mr. Laz 08-19-2012 07:35 PM

Billay can still use you

The Bad Guy 08-19-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8833206)

B-I-N-G-O

They gave the assistant superintendent 130k a year to sit on her ass and call curriculum meetings. She's supposed to supervise staff. My observation this year was 3 minutes from the door way and she didn't want to come in my room because she said she had some uncomfortable experiences with some of my ED kids.

The Bad Guy 08-19-2012 07:38 PM

It's hilarious the head of the school board is a guy who was fired from the district as a custodian because he was stealing cleaning supplies every day and got caught.

Now, he's making the most important decisions for the district.

Makes no ****ing sense.

BIG_DADDY 08-19-2012 07:49 PM

No chance in the private sector?