ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Gasoline at $4 Coming to a Pump Near You, Unfazed by Rising Tab (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=161736)

Brock 06-11-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Faithful (Post 4786459)
Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less

Not going to happen, not going to happen, wouldn't happen anyway.

Donger 06-11-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4789080)
I dont know how much curtailing people have done to actually make much of a difference?

I live in a big city, and i still see the same amount of traffic on the roads as there has always been. Same congestion. Nothing has changed. People will always need to drive obviously. I think people have learned to cut back in other areas of their life to save money.

Considering China's demand is going up at ~5% per year, we would have to match that just to keep things the same.

That's not going to happen, IMO.

little jacob 06-11-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 4789157)
Considering China's demand is going up at ~5% per year, we would have to match that just to keep things the same.

exactly, that is why all this ridiculous biofuel money waste and hybrids, luxury taxes on oil companies, basically everything the government has ever done to combat it are not solutions. china is 12 times as large as the united states and india is many times larger too. we are not going to be dictating demand, they will be.

we can cut back all we want - it will lower the cost to you but its never going to change the scarcity of the resource that is becoming exponentially more scarce because of china and india being developing countries

no solution will exist until personal electric transportation, in my opinion. too bad the government doesnt spend money researching that instead of people-pleasers like beating up oil companies and trying to turn crap into gold, i mean corn into gasoline

asdf 06-11-2008 11:53 AM

This can't be good...

Oil prices soar after Energy Department reports falling supplies
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080611/oil_prices.html

Calcountry 06-11-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 4786423)
This is what happens when the market does not control the price anymore..

This is the most ignorant thing that I have ever read here at the planet.

Free markets are controled by the LAW of Supply and the LAW of demand.

These are mathematical functional relationships similar to the LAW of gravity.

The only thing that is debatable is whether or not the oil markets are "free" or not. Certainly we are not dealing with a free market in this situation, because if we were, the congress would not be impeding suppliers from gathering supply to meet the demand. Further, on the supply side, we have a well established oil cartel that is seeking to maximize their profits by controling the supply to an optimal point for them irrespective of the demand, the price of which is certainly above what it would be in a free market.

On the demand side of this, is the slope of the demand curve. For this particular commodity, we have extremely inelastic demand curve. In other words, for each percent increase in the price of the commodity, the percent decrease in demand is much less than 1 %. It takes time to change vehicles, organize car pools, decide to walk or ride a bicycle.

The marketplace is doing exactly what it should be doing. It is turning up the heat on the joke ass candidates for President. It is screaming out loudly to them, "What kind of leadership will you show in this area?"

The answer so far is, " I won't drill in Anwar it is as precious as the Grand Canyon and we must save it for our grandchildren"; Or the more draconian and stupid of the two, "We must punish the suppliers for doing their jobs and take their money."

Either way, this is not leadership. Add to that, we have doddering lame Duck POTUS who has obviously quit giving 2 rats asses about doing his job, once again, lack of leadership.

So far McCain is at least for more Nuclear power, which, if we are going to run electric cars and trains, we will need the megawattage to do it. This needs to be done yesterday.

Go on, go head and have the audacity to hope and see what it gets you.

little jacob 06-11-2008 12:36 PM

don't you mean... have the audacity to hope in one hand and crap in the other, see which one fills up first

Discuss Thrower 06-11-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunnytrdr (Post 4789247)

So far McCain is at least for more Nuclear power, which, if we are going to run electric cars and trains, we will need the megawattage to do it. This needs to be done yesterday.

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak Uraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanium!

chasedude 06-11-2008 01:36 PM

Are there any studies/labs/experiments on Cold Fusion currently going on?

I'd be curious on any progress that happened.

DeezNutz 06-11-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 4789373)

Val Kilmer stole this information from Elisabeth Shue. Authorities are still working on the case.

Calcountry 06-11-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 4789373)

Face it, we need oil, lots of it. The Chinese get it, the Russians get it, the Saudis get it, WTF can't Dumbocrats get it?

Oil=power, economic independece, the very blessings of liberty.

Donger 07-28-2008 09:21 AM

$3.95 national retail average, down $0.12 over the last two weeks. Reached a high of $4.11 on July 16.

Deberg_1990 07-28-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 4874070)
$3.95 national retail average, down $0.12 over the last two weeks. Reached a high of $4.11 on July 16.

So ive noticed. What gives?? People are using less and selling off those SUV's?

Goapics1 07-28-2008 09:48 AM

Will it be under $2 by the winter?

Deberg_1990 07-28-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apics1 (Post 4874136)
Will it be under $2 by the winter?

We will never see that again.

Donger 07-28-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4874132)
So ive noticed. What gives?? People are using less and selling off those SUV's?

Big picture is that crude has dropped from highs in the $140s/barrel to $120s now. Demand in the United States is down ~4% That's significant.