ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Did I say smoke and mirrors? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108503)

cadmonkey 01-17-2005 08:23 AM

Did I say smoke and mirrors?

ROFL

I said it last week, the Colts are not as good as they seem. Pretty sure I was correct on this one. I don't want to hear about the weather, the field conditions, or anything. The Colts can't beat a good defense, plain and simple.

The Pats dominated that game, at no point were the Colts even close to doing anything, even when it was 6-3.

My favorite part of the game, which I don't think made it onto TV, was after Manning fumblel the ball Gillette Stadium erupted into a "CUT THAT MEAT, CUT THAT MEAT!" chant. Manning threw his hands up in disgust.

Man, today is a good day!

Dartgod 01-17-2005 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadmonkey
My favorite part of the game, which I don't think made it onto TV, was after Manning fumblel the ball Gillette Stadium erupted into a "CUT THAT MEAT, CUT THAT MEAT!" chant. Manning threw his hands up in disgust.

That's awesome.

Oh, and you and your butt buddy Amnorix suck.

MichaelH 01-17-2005 08:40 AM

It was nice to see Manning brought back down to earth. He's a good quarterback, but the weather and a great defense made him look mediocre.

ROYC75 01-17-2005 08:45 AM

I wanted Indy to win this game, just because NE has been there in the SB recently !

Although Indy played a sucky game..... props on the win.

Eleazar 01-17-2005 09:30 AM

Well, he can't always win with little ground game to speak of and a defense that is mediocre on a good day.

cadmonkey 01-17-2005 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
Well, he can't always win with little ground game to speak of and a defense that is mediocre on a good day.

Correct, but he can against shit bum teams. and that is what I said last week. That little ground game might be because he played against a D that actually can play.

teedubya 01-17-2005 09:41 AM

at least Manning owned the fuggin Donkos!!! :)

Thig Lyfe 01-17-2005 09:41 AM

WHAT IS WITH THE SMOKE... FOOOOO! THERE ARE CHILDREN, NO SMOKE PLEASE!!!!!

2bikemike 01-17-2005 09:45 AM

New England did a great job keeping Manning off the field and not allowing him to get into a rhythum. It was kinda funny looking at him sitting on the bench helpless.

Mile High Mania 01-17-2005 09:45 AM

Quote:

Correct, but he can against shit bum teams. and that is what I said last week. That little ground game might be because he played against a D that actually can play.

Indy isn't overrated which is what you're suggesting... Indy/NE is one of those interesting scenarios (I think) where one team flat out owns another team.

I'd like to see NE at Indy... if you did 10 games and split home and home, it's likely a 5-5 series. Who knows?

What do you think they'll do at Pitt this weekend?

Deberg_1990 01-17-2005 10:49 AM

Quote:

I said this many times yesterday. Indy is going to need to develop a Power rushing attack if they want to win in January. I beleive that Edge is a very soft runner and for whatever reason, they abandon the run way too early. Maybe its because they pay the big bucks to Peyton so they base all their game plans around his arm??? I dont know? The game was so close for most of the game, they should have been pounding the ball instead of relying on Peytons arm so much. Elway didnt win the big dance until he had the power rushing style of T Davis.

MGRS13 01-17-2005 10:51 AM

Well enjoy your week because the steelers, with a rookie QB, will make you guys look alot like the colts this weekend.

RNR 01-17-2005 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
I'm not very bright. What does cut that meat mean?

The TV ad where Peyton cheers regular people like a fan.

gblowfish 01-17-2005 10:57 AM

Quote:

ROFL

Man, today is a good day!

I guess that's better than 60,000 people screaming "CUT THAT CHEESE!!"

Rain Man 01-17-2005 10:59 AM

The excitement in cadmonkey's voice reminds me a lot of 1969.

(I just have to ... stretch my toe ... a little more ... to reach the trigger ...)