ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter?! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=224227)

Tribal Warfare 05-24-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8635966)
I don't buy that actor as Lincoln. Yes, that's the problem I have with it. I know it sounds silly. I just don't buy that guy as Abe Lincoln.

It's difficult for Daniel Day Lewis to multitask between movies

Frankie 05-24-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8635966)
I don't buy that actor as Lincoln.

But you buy the premise of the movie?

listopencil 05-24-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 8635992)
But you buy the premise of the movie?

Of course. I happen to be a vampire slave owner from the South myself, and a staunch defender of States Rights.

Frankie 05-24-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8636013)
Of course. I happen to be a vampire slave owner from the South myself, and a staunch defender of States Rights.

Heh. :D

listopencil 05-24-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 8636031)
Heh. :D

I admit the Civil War was a tactical mistake. It was unnecessary. We completely missed the Chinese population. It's all good now.

Frankie 05-24-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8636038)
I admit the Civil War was a tactical mistake. It was unnecessary. We completely missed the Chinese population. It's all good now.

That's all that counts. Party on man.

Deberg_1990 06-21-2012 06:51 AM

Anyone interested?? SO for only 39% on RT.....

IMO this summer has been pretty weak so far....lots of disappointing movies.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/abra...ampire_hunter/

JD10367 06-21-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8692480)
IMO this summer has been pretty weak so far....lots of disappointing movies.

Eh, I dunno. Most of the disappointments were expected to be disappointments, and many of them were actually better than their box-office results. For what they were--and how poorly people expected them to perform after word got out that they were clunkers--"MiB3", "Snow White", and "Dark Shadows" were actually better than I expected; not great, by any means, but certainly worthy of killing 2 hours with a matinee ticket. I loved "Cabin In The Woods". "Avengers" needs no explanation. "Prometheus", while flawed, delivered. And then there's some dude dressed like a bat coming up soon...

Deberg_1990 06-21-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8692485)
Eh, I dunno. Most of the disappointments were expected to be disappointments, and many of them were actually better than their box-office results. For what they were--and how poorly people expected them to perform after word got out that they were clunkers--"MiB3", "Snow White", and "Dark Shadows" were actually better than I expected; not great, by any means, but certainly worthy of killing 2 hours with a matinee ticket. I loved "Cabin In The Woods". "Avengers" needs no explanation. "Prometheus", while flawed, delivered. And then there's some dude dressed like a bat coming up soon...

Avengers = Great
Dark Shadows = no
Battleship = no
MIB3 = no
Snow White = meh
Madagasgar 3 = decent
Prometheus = great but flawed
Sandler and Rock of Ages = meh

Disappointing summer up to this point

Frazod 06-21-2012 08:17 AM

I expect a lot of the negativity to come from people who can't get past the absurdity of the concept, or those with the mindset of HOW DARE THEY DO THIS TO LINCOLN DON'T THEY KNOW HE WAS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT EVARR111!!!!!111.

I enjoyed the book, I'll probably give the movie a shot.

patteeu 06-21-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8692565)
I expect a lot of the negativity to come from people who can't get past the absurdity of the concept, or those with the mindset of HOW DARE THEY DO THIS TO LINCOLN DON'T THEY KNOW HE WAS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT EVARR111!!!!!111.

I enjoyed the book, I'll probably give the movie a shot.

I haven't read the book, but it sounds like a cool concept to me. I'll see it, but probably in DVD format.

Frazod 06-21-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8692654)
I haven't read the book, but it sounds like a cool concept to me. I'll see it, but probably in DVD format.

The book is basically historical fiction with a vampire twist. There are numerous factual occurrences mentioned in the books - the author does a good job weaving in his vampire story around them. It was very clever.

Deberg_1990 06-21-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8692702)
The book is basically historical fiction with a vampire twist. There are numerous factual occurrences mentioned in the books - the author does a good job weaving in his vampire story around them. It was very clever.

Yea, i heard its a very serious take done without snark or parody.

Frazod 06-21-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8692810)
Yea, i heard its a very serious take done without snark or parody.

Some of the stuff was so well thought out I found myself thinking how cool it would be if his explanations were true. :D

kaplin42 06-21-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8692853)
Some of the stuff was so well thought out I found myself thinking how cool it would be if his explanations were true. :D

It was/is a great way to get people to read about historical events/people. I actually learned a lot about Lincoln that I didn't know. The vampire twist was just an interesting way to get me there. Kind of like drinking a 6 pack before hitting on 5 at the bar at the end of the night.