ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Buffy the Vampire Slayer Marathon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263142)

bevischief 09-03-2012 07:20 AM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Marathon

Buffy the Vampire Slayer marathon going on the Chiller channel. Direct TV 257.

Buck 09-03-2012 10:33 AM

That's funny, I finally got to the point in my intermittent viewing of Buffy, that lasted for 3+ years (the first 17 episodes over that time) to where I actually want to watch it. The episode Halloweeen (S2E6) was really good I thought and I've been watching a couple episodes a day. I'm now on the 2nd part of Whats my line (S2E10?).

At what point am I supposed to be watching Angel?

JD10367 09-03-2012 10:34 AM

The first year of "Buffy" was a bit slow, but it picked up at the end. After that, the rest of the series was awesome.

cabletech94 09-03-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8873916)
The first year of "Buffy" was a bit slow, but it picked up at the end. After that, the rest of the series was awesome.

that!

i tend to agree with angel as well, couldn't watch it when it originally aired. got into in the penultimate season. last 2 seasons were badass compared to the beginning. just like buffy.

Bowser 09-03-2012 10:43 AM

Well, if any of you were wondering what Gaz was up to today......

Javabean 09-03-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8873913)
That's funny, I finally got to the point in my intermittent viewing of Buffy, that lasted for 3+ years (the first 17 episodes over that time) to where I actually want to watch it. The episode Halloweeen (S2E6) was really good I thought and I've been watching a couple episodes a day. I'm now on the 2nd part of Whats my line (S2E10?).

At what point am I supposed to be watching Angel?

Angel's first season coincided with Buffy's fourth season. They were on different networks though, and only had a few very minor crossovers, so you don't really need to interlace them. Just start Angel anytime after you finish Buffy's third season and it'll make sense.

Deberg_1990 09-03-2012 03:54 PM

That Spike dude just turned 50. Didn't realize he was that old.

lcarus 09-03-2012 06:37 PM

I'm not trying to be insulting, but I always thought that show was meant for 13 year old girls. Though I don't know much about it. I liked the movie a long time ago.

Baby Lee 09-03-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8875078)
I'm not trying to be insulting, but I always thought that show was meant for 13 year old girls. Though I don't know much about it. I liked the movie a long time ago.

Are you familiar with Jess Whedon? Dollhouse, Firefly, Dr. Horrible?

If Buffy is any one thing, it's meant for Whedon fans. He likes to mix and match genres, develop distinctive patter, and combine overarching storylines with enjoyable one-off episodes. You never know from week to week if you're getting a comedic romp, or a tearjerker, or a nail-biting horror story.

As said above, it takes him a while to find his groove, but when he finds it he hooks most viewers in for the long haul.

KcMizzou 09-03-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Heh, fail.

The movie was ****ing terrible. The show was surprisingly good. (better as it went along)

Deberg_1990 09-03-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8875671)
Heh, fail.

The movie was ****ing terrible. The show was surprisingly good. (better as it went along)

Yea, ironically the series might never had been had the movie turned out good. whedon hated it so much he decided to redo it right himself once he had the clout 5 or 6 years later.

I haven't seen the movie in years but I remember it trying to be funny or a mockery. It had the wrong tone.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck 09-03-2012 10:24 PM

Buffy is fighting John Ritter.

Buck 09-03-2012 10:24 PM

She ****ed Ted.

Mr. Laz 07-21-2013 08:02 PM

another marathon on!!!

show is still hot!

Lex Luthor 07-21-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

It's obvious that you never watched the show. For years I refused to watch it because I thought the same thing.

I didn't know what I was missing. The show was NOTHING like the movie. The show was magnificent. And I don't use that term loosely. The only other show I would describe with that word is Breaking Bad.

The funny thing is, I still remember EXACTLY when I got hooked on the show. I had it on as background noise one day while I was doing something else. It was one of the early episodes in the 5th season, and a dying monk told Buffy something so astounding about her sister that I stopped what I was doing, turned around and looked at the TV, and said "WTF?".

You should do yourself a favor and watch the show.