ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Oregon was jobbed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240139)

Skyy God 01-11-2011 10:41 AM

Oregon was jobbed

Let me preface this by saying I didn't watch the game, because the BCS can eat a bag of dicks. I don't know whether Auburn would have scored anyway, or won in OT. But to have this kind of inconsistent officiating, in a game played 5 weeks after the season is over, is disgraceful.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VqkAEWVNj6I&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VqkAEWVNj6I&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

jd1020 01-11-2011 10:45 AM

This is beyond stupid. His hand was flat, palm down. In the first instance the runners hand that was around the ball hit the ground, palm up.

Saulbadguy 01-11-2011 10:46 AM

I saw no flags for excessive celebration either - although I did not watch the entire game.

;)

baitism 01-11-2011 10:48 AM

The call was right. Stop whining. I was rooting for Oregon, too.

Bane 01-11-2011 10:48 AM

Yeah ok,but Oregon ****ed themselves by turning the ball over instead of scoring TD's.

Frosty 01-11-2011 10:49 AM

I didn't see that you started a thread about it. Here is what I wrote in the other thread.

I guess you would have to define exactly where the wrist is. In the Ark example, it was the back of the hand/ wrist that was down. In the Auburn example, it was the palm that was down and could be considered just the hand. With the palm down, it's hard to have the wrist down, too, without having the forearm come down unless the hand is rocked back, which it wasn't.

BTW, I'm not sure the safety wasn't a worse call as it seemed like James got the ball out at the last second. However, Oregon lined up off-sides all night long and it was never called, so screw 'em.

Skyy God 01-11-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 7346177)
This is beyond stupid. His hand was flat, palm down. In the first instance the runners hand that was around the ball hit the ground, palm up.

The rulebook doesn't specify that it has to be the hand with the ball to be down. Nor does it distinguish flat hand from curled.

The Franchise 01-11-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Let me preface this by saying I didn't watch the game
Then STFU.

jd1020 01-11-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 7346185)
BTW, I'm not sure the safety wasn't a worse call as it seemed like James got the ball out at the last second. However, Oregon lined up off-sides all night long and it was never called, so screw 'em.

The ball was half on the line. How is that out of the endzone?

baitism 01-11-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

That call was right, too. The WHOLE ball has to get past the goal line, not just the tip, and it clearly did not.

jd1020 01-11-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 7346186)
The rulebook doesn't specify that it has to be the hand with the ball to be down. Nor does it distinguish flat hand from curled.

Brace yourself up with your palm down and tell me if your wrist is touching the ground. Then roll over with your palm up, holding a football, and tell me if your wrist hits the ground.

ChiTown 01-11-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

I didn't see that you started a thread about it. Here is what I wrote in the other thread.

I guess you would have to define exactly where the wrist is. In the Ark example, it was the back of the hand/ wrist that was down. In the Auburn example, it was the palm that was down and could be considered just the hand. With the palm down, it's hard to have the wrist down, too, without having the forearm come down unless the hand is rocked back, which it wasn't.

The ball has to be ENTIRELY over the endzone line - not just part of the ball. That was an easy call.

Frosty 01-11-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 7346201)
The ball has to be ENTIRELY over the endzone line - not just part of the ball. That was an easy call.

My bad. I thought it just had to break the plane, like a touchdown.

kstater 01-11-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7346178)
I saw no flags for excessive celebration either - although I did not watch the entire game.

;)

I saw several players drawing attention to themselves last night.

baitism 01-11-2011 10:56 AM

I thought the game was officiated very well, unlike years back when the refs gifted Ohio State a national championship with a blatantly late and terrible PI call.