ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV A Million Ways To Die In The West (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281095)

Wildcat2005 05-29-2014 09:04 AM

Heard it was so so
Reiterating what has been already said, but heard the funniest jokes are in the trailers
And this was coming from someone who loved Ted

Not a huge McFarland fan so I don't think I will see this one

CoMoChief 05-29-2014 09:36 AM

Some things were hilarious in Ted. But overall it wasn't that good though. Much of it at times was reeruned.

I have higher hopes for this though...just because it's a western, not a Teddy bear w/ Peter Griffin's voice.

But I only go to movies I "really" want to see so I prob won't waste time and money at the theatres...I'll wait 3-4mo from now when it comes out on DVD/Bluray.

Just saw XMen......I enjoyed that a lot.

Aries Walker 05-30-2014 05:58 PM

Yeah, this movie screams "Wait for DVD". I can't imagine that it will benefit that much from seeing it on the big screen, and I don't think anyone at the water cooler is going to give away any of the clever plot twists or nuggets of Oscar Wildean wit.

Baby Lee 05-31-2014 04:21 AM

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/unf...iew-1583702308

Not a fan

Bowser 05-31-2014 08:12 AM

Eh, too bad. It looks like a decent kick back and laugh flick, but I don't think anyone is going to be shocked after reading that.

Mother****erJones 05-31-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10657506)
Some things were hilarious in Ted. But overall it wasn't that good though. Much of it at times was reeruned.

I have higher hopes for this though...just because it's a western, not a Teddy bear w/ Peter Griffin's voice.

But I only go to movies I "really" want to see so I prob won't waste time and money at the theatres...I'll wait 3-4mo from now when it comes out on DVD/Bluray.

You're ****ing crazy, Ted was awesome.

RealSNR 05-31-2014 07:37 PM

I laughed pretty hard at this one joke, that really wasn't even a joke:

Spoiler!

Other than that one, yeah, all the good jokes are in the trailer.

unlurking 05-31-2014 08:32 PM

Dang. Well, I guess this will be a Netflix viewing based on all the reviews.

Next theater visit for me will probably be Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

Aries Walker 05-31-2014 08:43 PM

Mine is Hercules, July 25th.

Bowser 05-31-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10662993)
Mine is Hercules, July 25th.

No Edge of Tomorrow?

DJJasonp 06-01-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10662905)
I laughed pretty hard at this one joke, that really wasn't even a joke:

Spoiler!

Other than that one, yeah, all the good jokes are in the trailer.

the dad had some of the best lines.

It was decent.....but much like Ted, if he would have went a little further on the insult/non-PC scale (much like some episodes of Family Guy)....it would have been better.

But I think with Ted, and now the "west", I think McFarlane (or the studio) is trying to appeal to the widest ($) audience.

bowener 06-01-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10657506)

This isn't a western. Just because it has horses and cowboy hats doesn't make this shitty movie a western.

GloucesterChief 06-01-2014 05:18 PM

I guess McFarlane thought if Mel Brooks could do it.

Too bad for McFarlane, Brooks is actually funny and knew funny people.

MahiMike 06-01-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10656177)
I can't quite put my finger on it yet, but I don't find McFarlanes humor as funny as alot of people do.
Posted via Mobile Device

Me either. Overrated.

JD10367 06-04-2014 10:30 AM

"A Million Ways To Die" was nowhere near as bad a film as it's been made out to be. Sure, most of the jokes are in the trailer, but I laughed out loud at most of it, there are a couple of cameos, Charlize Theron is easy on the eyes, and Seth MacFarlane did a decent job in the lead role (I don't get the uncalled-for hatred of Jim from so many). No, it wasn't "Blazing Saddles", but nothing is. I've certainly spent a worse two hours in a theater.