ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****The Official 2013-2014 Wichita State Repository thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278112)

journeyscarab 10-30-2013 12:06 PM

****The Official 2013-2014 Wichita State Repository thread****

Didn't see one of these for the new season yet, so here we go!

GO SHOX!

journeyscarab 10-30-2013 12:08 PM

Power Rankings: No. 15 Wichita State

Nice clip about the Shockers.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9862493

journeyscarab 11-09-2013 01:53 PM

Let's go SHOX!

ChiefaRoo 11-09-2013 02:27 PM

;)

Go Shocker basketball
Go Chiefs
Go KSU Football
and of course Death to KU and the Toupe.

Mr. Arrowhead 11-09-2013 08:04 PM

Fred was insanely good today, it seemed like he was gonna get a triple double. Cant wait to watch some midnight hoops at koch on Tuesday morning against western Kentucky

Mr. Arrowhead 11-11-2013 09:50 PM

A little over 2 hours til game time against western Kentucky on espn 2. Go Shox!!!!

Bambi 11-11-2013 09:51 PM

1am. nice

journeyscarab 11-11-2013 09:52 PM

Can't wait! Wish I could attend in person but will be Cheering Angry from KC! GO SHOX!

Nirvana58 11-11-2013 11:17 PM

I will be there going crazy. Work is going to suck tomorrow. Some people backed out at the last minute. Actually got 2 extra tickets. Guess I will just give them away at the gate. Gonna be a hell of a game.

Nirvana58 11-12-2013 01:01 AM

Bullshit call. These refs blow

journeyscarab 11-12-2013 01:24 AM

Much better play to start this second half. The nerves are gone...they are playing Shocker ball.

ChiefaRoo 11-12-2013 01:26 AM

Good intensity and execution coming out in the 2nd half.

GoShox 11-12-2013 03:17 AM

Man that was an amazingly fun night.

Ceej 11-12-2013 04:04 AM

What happened to Shaq Morris?

Didn't see his name in the boxscore.

Mr. Arrowhead 11-12-2013 08:44 AM

Both him and Rian Holland are taking redshirt

Mr. Arrowhead 11-12-2013 08:48 AM

What a amazing atmosphere, it took us about a half to really get going. I dont think we are going to be missing Malcom, because Fred Van Vleet is really good and hes only a Sophmore. So far i think Chadrack is our most improved player, he was really decisive when he got the ball down low. Next up is William and Mary at home on Thursday which is part of the CBE tournament.

ChiefaRoo 11-12-2013 04:06 PM

http://i.imgur.com/u7yRVhV.gif

Rockstar Grannies!

Mr. Arrowhead 11-13-2013 11:35 AM

It was nice to see Dickie V give our boys some love during the KU/Duke game last night

CHENZ A! 11-13-2013 11:42 AM

I have Cleanthony on my fantasy team. He hasn't lit it up yet or anything, but my team is stacked, and he's a beast.

journeyscarab 11-13-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 10183720)
It was nice to see Dickie V give our boys some love during the KU/Duke game last night

I missed it. I think we've finally broke through and are being taken seriously with the press.

journeyscarab 11-15-2013 01:54 PM

William and Mary came to play but we did our typical second half pummeling act and pulled off a nice win!

Mr. Arrowhead 11-21-2013 08:49 AM

after another slow 1st half start and with the score tied at half with Tulsa fans chanting "overrated" LMAO. I felt like we really played Shocker basketball in the 2nd half, and won by 23. Now off to KC in the CBE classic, I am making the trip. Going to the Chiefs game on Sunday and then staying in the P & L, to go to the Shocker games on Monday and Tuesday.

journeyscarab 11-24-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 10208986)
after another slow 1st half start and with the score tied at half with Tulsa fans chanting "overrated" LMAO. I felt like we really played Shocker basketball in the 2nd half, and won by 23. Now off to KC in the CBE classic, I am making the trip. Going to the Chiefs game on Sunday and then staying in the P & L, to go to the Shocker games on Monday and Tuesday.

Yep....great game. I may try and pull off making Monday's game but I definitely will be there on Tuesday. Sitting in section 111, row 7. GO SHOX!

Mr. Arrowhead 11-25-2013 04:53 PM

Yup we are in Section 104 row 24, come say hi if you want, ill be the one in Yellow

Mr. Arrowhead 11-26-2013 12:21 AM

A nice dominant 90-72 win over depaul today at the Sprint and really it wasnt that close.

ChiefaRoo 11-26-2013 09:49 AM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...rce=teamstream

Check it out!

journeyscarab 11-26-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 10224633)
Yup we are in Section 104 row 24, come say hi if you want, ill be the one in Yellow

I'll try and make it by! I'll be wearing my "22" jersey. Not like that is unique or anything. LOL! Great game last night. Watched it over Xbox.

Ceej 11-26-2013 10:17 AM

Is tonight's game nationally televised?

HemiEd 11-26-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10226188)
Is tonight's game nationally televised?

Looks like ESPN2 at 9.

Mr. Arrowhead 11-26-2013 10:39 AM

Should be a good game, byu is as averaging 93 a game. The Tyler Haws vs Tekele Cotton match up should be a interesting one.

Mr. Arrowhead 11-27-2013 06:24 PM

Nice win last night 75-62 over BYU to claim the CBE Championship!!! And Ron Baker is pretty good at basketball

Mr. Arrowhead 12-02-2013 10:53 AM

Great tough win yesterday on the road against a tough NCAA caliber team St. Louis.

journeyscarab 12-02-2013 11:51 AM

Yeah the refs weren't much help but Marshall seems to be showing them they have to play past the poor officiating. Definitely another good test of the team. We're getting there!

Mr. Arrowhead 12-10-2013 12:13 PM

Up to #8 in the coaches and down to #12 in the AP. Big game against Tenn this Saturday at Intrust. There is an expected record breaking crowd to arrive. Time to get pay back from last season loss

journeyscarab 12-10-2013 12:35 PM

GO SHOX!

Mr. Arrowhead 12-14-2013 08:15 AM

Reports are Ron Baker is gonna be out a while with a sprained Ankle including todays big game aganst Tenn. Gonna have to gut this one out, tip time at 1 pm on ESPN 2.

threebag 12-14-2013 08:16 AM

Go SHOX!!!!

Mr. Arrowhead 12-14-2013 04:18 PM

Great Win over tenn and great atmostphere!!! 10-0!!

journeyscarab 12-14-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 10276632)
Great Win over tenn and great atmostphere!!! 10-0!!

Yep...great win! Bama is next!

Mr. Arrowhead 12-14-2013 04:36 PM

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 1h

The Final Four was no fluke. Wichita State beats Tennessee 70-61. Highest-ranked team in Kansas starts 10-0 for 1st time in school history.

journeyscarab 12-14-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 10276652)
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 1h

The Final Four was no fluke. Wichita State beats Tennessee 70-61. Highest-ranked team in Kansas starts 10-0 for 1st time in school history.

@SportsCenter - of course it wasn't a fluke. Duh.

ChiefaRoo 12-14-2013 09:29 PM

Meanwhile JoCo KU fan silently hates/denies. :)

ciaomichael 12-16-2013 05:04 PM

Cotton played like a man possessed in that win over Tennessee. Hope the swelling goes down on Baker's ankle because we'll need him against Alabama.

Mr. Arrowhead 12-17-2013 12:16 PM

Interesting quotes from Marshall

http://www.foxsportskansascity.com/s...9&feedID=10620

Wichita's Marshall on KU: 'I'm not going to go to Allen Fieldhouse for a check'
SEAN KEELER |
Published: Monday, December 16, 2013, 8:19pm
ThePitBlog.jpg
SPORTS WITH BITE
If you like your sports slathered with sass and that little something extra, then you're in the right place. SEAN KEELER'S BLOG»
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- You float the idea that maybe, just maybe, there's some sunny, happy medium. Something that can bridge the 164 miles between them, some way that Wichita State could meet Kansas in the middle.

And by the middle, we mean K-10.

To this, Gregg Marshall's reply is as clear as it is succinct:

Go Phog yourself.

"I'm not going to just be bought," the decorated Shockers coach says. "I'm not going to go to Allen Fieldhouse for a check."

We love Gregg Marshall, and not just because he coaches like he's on a rolling 10-day contract and his players play like the jerks on the other team just swiped their kid brother's lunch money. It's also because the next bush he beats around will be the first.

"We'd like to play home-and-home," says Marshall, whose 10-0 Shockers finish the SEC portion of their non-conference dance card with a trip to Alabama (5-4) on Tuesday night. "Ultimately, we've got to put ourselves in a position where playing (the Jayhawks) or not playing them has no bearing on our success, and that's what we're doing.

"It would be helpful, but still, we're putting ourselves in a position where it doesn't matter if they want to play or not. That's what we have to do. One day, when it behooves them, then maybe it'll happen."

The other metrics are on board with that pecking order, too -- to a point. Stat wizard Kenneth Massey's weekly composite of computers and polls on Sunday placed Wichita eighth nationally and KU 12th. Although KenPom.com's formula gives the Jayhawks an edge (KU: 6, Wichita: 14), as does the unofficial RPI (KU: 4, Wichita: 12), the consensus is lucid enough: the Jayhawks and Shox may not share an area code, but they both belong in the same class picture now, along with all the other hoops heavyweights.

"(Kansas) is a special program, they're elite, and we know that," Marshall says. "We're just trying to be the best that we can, consistently. And if we can be in the same conversation with them, it's usually pretty good."

If they could be in the same building with them -- something that hasn't happened since 1993 and has never happened since Bill Self took the reins up in Lawrence in 2003 -- it would be even better.

Marshall, for his part, is ready and willing. Not only that, he says he's even pitched a three-game series to the KU camp -- and, as a perk, none of those games are at the Shox's cozy, raucous Koch Arena, better known as "The Roundhouse."

The set-up: One game at Allen Fieldhouse, one at Sprint Center in Kansas City, and one at Intrust Bank Arena in downtown Wichita.

The response: Silence.

"It's out there that we will play anybody," Marshall continues, "and the better the team, the better for us. And we'll start on the road."

That's what happened with Tennessee's Volunteers, who handled the Shox their first loss during a showdown last December 13 in Knoxville and were beaten last Saturday, 70-61, in the return leg at Intrust.

The Wichita boss says he approached Volunteers coach Cuonzo Martin -- the former Purdue star who won a Missouri Valley regular-season crown with Missouri State -- before Saturday's game about extending their series, "and he said he would consider it."

Because while Marshall respects The Phog, he doesn't fear its ghosts. Since the fall of 2011, the Shockers have played 11 non-conference opponents ranked in the RPI Top 75 away from the claustrophobic confines of Koch Arena.

Their record: Eight up, three down, and a mark of 6-1 since November 2012. Anytime, any foe, anywhere.

"When I looked at that schedule last year, and Darron Boatright is our AD for basketball; Eric (Sexton) is the head AD, and Darron helps put the schedule together and helps with organizing all that stuff," Marshall says, chuckling. "And I was giving him crap. I said, 'Man, this is ridiculous. There's no gimmies ... you can't take a night off and beat Oral Roberts. You can't take a night off and beat Davidson. And he said, 'Well, you're trying to beat the best.' And I agree."

Another fun nugget: Since 2010-11, guess which Division I teams have posted the best winning percentage on the road? No. 2, Kansas (24-8, .750). No. 1? Wichita State (28-8, .778).

Anytime, any foe, anywhere.

Meanwhile, Kansas State is playing a marquee opponent in Wichita this weekend -- but it's not the Shox; it's a date with No. 21 Gonzaga.

"I think (our success) can work both ways," Marshall says. "I think the better we are ... if we can be continually as good and sustain excellence like Gonzaga, that's how Gonzaga gets these games. It behooves K-State to play Gonzaga.

"That's ultimately what we've got to do, is just sustain it, and they ultimately won't be able to avoid it; it'll be good for them."

It'll be good for the Jayhawks, too. After all, it can't be that the Shockers don't fit the profile competitively -- Self, by his own admission, overloaded his 2013-14 pre-conference slate with toughies, and toughies away from Lawrence; his young KU squad will tussle with eight non-conference opponents among the RPI Top 75. Of the five of those Top 75 tests that took place on road or neutral floors, the Jayhawks went 2-3.

"KU doesn't normally lose three games, especially this early -- sometimes, they don't lose three games all year," Marshall says. "Give 'em credit: (They're) playing on the road and playing a great schedule."

A pause.

"It would just be nice if we were one of them."

Coach 12-17-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 10287343)

Marshall, for his part, is ready and willing. Not only that, he says he's even pitched a three-game series to the KU camp -- and, as a perk, none of those games are at the Shox's cozy, raucous Koch Arena, better known as "The Roundhouse."

The set-up: One game at Allen Fieldhouse, one at Sprint Center in Kansas City, and one at Intrust Bank Arena in downtown Wichita.

The response: Silence.

Can't say I'm surprised.

ciaomichael 12-17-2013 01:40 PM

I remember back when WSU beat KU in the famous Battle of New Orleans back in the Smithson glory years. It was a Sweet 16 game. Amazingly, WSU also beat KU in a rare football game that same season, on an improbable touchdown catch by some white boy from Lacrosse, KS. There was a famous t-shirt that soon circulated around Wichita that year that had the scores of both the football and basketball games imprinted, then had the phrase "Baseball Anyone?" (WSU had a national elite baseball team back then.) Seemed like every other person you saw in Wichita was wearing that t-shirt. Both KU and K-State have always treated WSU like second-class citizens; they were even opposed to (then Wichita U.) being admitted to the state university system

HemiEd 12-17-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciaomichael (Post 10287702)
I remember back when WSU beat KU in the famous Battle of New Orleans back in the Smithson glory years. It was a Sweet 16 game. Amazingly, WSU also beat KU in a rare football game that same season, on an improbable touchdown catch by some white boy from Lacrosse, KS. There was a famous t-shirt that soon circulated around Wichita that year that had the scores of both the football and basketball games imprinted, then had the phrase "Baseball Anyone?" (WSU had a national elite baseball team back then.) Seemed like every other person you saw in Wichita was wearing that t-shirt. Both KU and K-State have always treated WSU like second-class citizens; they were even opposed to (then Wichita U.) being admitted to the state university system

I still have that T- shirt somewhere.

I was at the regional game where the Shocks came back against Iowa at the roundhouse.

It is really nice to see the Shocks become relevant again, especially with a Coach that isn't using the program as a stepping stone.

That means **** you Eddie Fogler!

Mr. Arrowhead 12-17-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 10287748)

I was at the regional game where the Shocks came back against Iowa at the roundhouse.

It is really nice to see the Shocks become relevant again, especially with a Coach that isn't using the program as a stepping stone.

Yup agree, and not only does Marshall think he can win here, he thinks he can win it all especially after last year.

HemiEd 12-17-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 10287755)
Yup agree, and not only does Marshall think he can win here, he thinks he can win it all especially after last year.

I think he has already proven it, and he has done it without the cream of the crop recruits like the Jayhawks have. Just think when he starts landing some of those!

Of course, the last time that happened Ted Owens got pissed and WSU got busted for giving a coat to Cliff Livingston, that previously belonged to Elmore.

I don't think Marshall is going to allow that to happen. The brightest years for Shocker basketball just may lay ahead!

ciaomichael 12-17-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 10287748)

Yes, I was at that regional game too. KU played and beat Arizona St. right after the Shockers victory. Never forget Randy Smithson hitting those free throws at the end then falling backwards on his butt. The roundhouse was the loudest I've ever experienced at any sporting event. It was special, because I had Randy in a few business courses with me at the time and also waited tables at Crestview Country Club where I served Gene Smithson on Sunday evenings. Camped in a tent outside in the cold rain the following year to get season tickets when Aubrey Sherod, Greg Drieling, and Xavier McDaniel were coming in to join the already potent bookends of Carr and Levingston. Oh, what could have been!

HemiEd 12-17-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciaomichael (Post 10287772)
Yes, I was at that regional game too. KU played and beat Arizona St. right after the Shockers victory. Never forget Randy Smithson hitting those free throws at the end then falling backwards on his butt. The roundhouse was the loudest I've ever experienced at any sporting event. It was special, because I had Randy in a few business courses with me at the time and also waited tables at Crestview Country Club where I served Gene Smithson on Sunday evenings. Camped in a tent outside in the cold rain the following year to get season tickets when Aubrey Sherod, Greg Drieling, and Xavier McDaniel were coming in to join the already potent bookends of Carr and Levingston. Oh, what could have been!

To this day, that is still the top sporting event experience I have had. I have been to some big Royals and Chiefs games, but that was the best.

Did you stay for the KU game against Arizona? I was absolutely exhausted from the Shocker game, and the 2nd game was very anti-climatic so I left after about 10 minutes. It was a great experience.

ciaomichael 12-17-2013 02:25 PM

Yes, my fiancé and I stayed for the KU game against Arizona State. We were exhausted too, but just wanted to stay and bask in the after-glow. It was anti-climactic, but as I recall Arizona St. was ranked 3rd or 4th in the nation, so that game was also a big upset.

ciaomichael 12-17-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 10287763)
I think he has already proven it, and he has done it without the cream of the crop recruits like the Jayhawks have. Just think when he starts landing some of those!

Of course, the last time that happened Ted Owens got pissed and WSU got busted for giving a coat to Cliff Livingston, that previously belonged to Elmore.

I don't think Marshall is going to allow that to happen. The brightest years for Shocker basketball just may lay ahead!

Actually, it was an overzealous WSU "booster" that turned us in to the NCAA. Evidently he was tight with some of the pre-Smithson recruits that felt they had been slighted when Gene brought in some superior talent. I won't say his name - he knows who he is, as do old-time WSU fans.

Ted Owens was kind of a prick, though.

HemiEd 12-17-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciaomichael (Post 10287822)
Yes, my fiancé and I stayed for the KU game against Arizona State. We were exhausted too, but just wanted to say and bask in the after-glow. It was anti-climactic, but as I recall Arizona St. was ranked 3rd or 4th in the nation, so that game was also a big upset.

To me, watching that KU game was like snuggling after sex when you would rather have a smoke.

KU was ranked highly as well, and I will always love Darnell Valentine. :D

Coach 12-17-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciaomichael (Post 10287840)
Actually, it was an overzealous WSU "booster" that turned us in to the NCAA. Evidently he was tight with some of the pre-Smithson recruits that felt they had been slighted when Gene brought in some superior talent. I won't say his name - he knows who he is, as do old-time WSU fans.

I hear about the story, but my dad never mention the person's name, and he said he won't even tell me who he is.

So, some of the younger generation of WSU fans wonder about the situation.

HemiEd 12-17-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciaomichael (Post 10287840)

There are plenty of stories about what actually happened, and we can all hang on to the one we like the most.
My preference is that Ted Owens had his own private entrance to the NCAA at the time, and when Dreiling etc. picked the Shockers over KU, he had enough since the Battle of New Orleans.

ciaomichael 12-17-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 10287845)
To me, watching that KU game was like snuggling after sex when you would rather have a smoke.

KU was ranked highly as well, and I will always love Darnell Valentine. :D

Oh, Darnell Valentine - what a majestic player he was. I remember, it was back in 1977 or 1978, he played on a very special Wichita Heights High School basketball team. I think the 5 were Valentine, Antoine Carr, Antoine's brother James Carr, a lightning fast guard named Calvin Alexander, and another forward named Adolphus "Doc" Holden who could leap out of the gym. They were undefeated state champions, probably could have beat any other high school team, and still the greatest team in Kansas high school basketball history.

HemiEd 12-17-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciaomichael (Post 10287894)
Oh, Darnell Valentine - what a majestic player he was. I remember, it was back in 1977 or 1978, he played on a very special Wichita Heights High School basketball team. I think the 5 were Valentine, Antoine Carr, Antoine's brother James Carr, a lightning fast guard named Calvin Alexander, and another forward named Adolphus "Doc" Holden who could leap out of the gym. They were undefeated state champions, probably could have beat any other high school team, and still the greatest team in Kansas high school basketball history.

Yes and Darnell Valentine went to KU, but he did miss the layup against the Shockers in New Orleans that would have sealed the game. :D I got to know James Carr some and I am surprised if he played HS BB with Antoine, as I thought he was a lot younger. He used to hang out where I worked a little bit, Dillards.

ciaomichael 12-17-2013 03:13 PM

I think James Carr was a senior in h.s. when Antoine was a sophomore, but I could be a little off. I know Valentine was a senior at the same time Antoine was a sophomore. James was actually recruited to WSU. Didn't play a lot, and some thought it was just to set up an "in" to get Antoine.

LoneWolf 12-17-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciaomichael (Post 10287958)
I think James Carr was a senior in h.s. when Antoine was a sophomore, but I could be a little off. I know Valentine was a senior at the same time Antoine was a sophomore. James was actually recruited to WSU. Didn't play a lot, and some thought it was just to set up an "in" to get Antoine.

Did Antoine have another brother that played at WSU? Henry Carr, if I remember correctly. Had the funniest looking free throw technique I ever saw.

ciaomichael 12-17-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10287983)
Did Antoine have another brother that played at WSU? Henry Carr, if I remember correctly. Had the funniest looking free throw technique I ever saw.

Yes, James was the oldest, then Antoine, then Henry. I think Henry was originally recruited to Iowa St. or Missouri or somewhere like that, but I'm not sure where he ended up. The Carr family actually lived in the same neighborhood as us (near 21st and Woodlawn) , and were always around the hoops in their driveway.

Mr. Arrowhead 12-17-2013 07:31 PM

Shox at Bama tips off in 30 minutes on ESPNU. GO SHOX!!!

Mr. Arrowhead 12-17-2013 10:29 PM

A nice gritty win on the road against a decent Alabama team 72-67 to go 11-0!!!

ciaomichael 12-17-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 10289262)
A nice gritty win on the road against a decent Alabama team 72-67 to go 11-0!!!

Yes, Wichita! Shockers were an excellent 25 of 27 from the free throw line and once again clutch down the stretch.

Mr. Arrowhead 12-17-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciaomichael (Post 10289283)
Yes, Wichita! Shockers were an excellent 25 of 27 from the free throw line and once again clutch down the stretch.

Yea every time it looked grim, we answered just like a great team should

journeyscarab 12-17-2013 11:14 PM

Wow...what a win! This train is just rolling down the tracks! GO SHOX! 11-0!

Mr. Arrowhead 12-23-2013 02:42 PM

And we are in the top 10 in both polls!!!

Mr. Arrowhead 12-30-2013 02:28 PM

number 8 in the nation in the AP poll as we now head toward MVC play

ChiefsCountry 12-30-2013 02:31 PM

January 11 the Shuckheads undefeated season comes to an end.

Mr. Arrowhead 12-30-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10322131)
January 11 the Shuckheads undefeated season comes to an end.

LMAO ya they shocks are sure in trouble going into that intense environment

ChiefsCountry 12-30-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 10322154)
LMAO ya they shocks are sure in trouble going into that intense environment

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/a7yNkxpi7o0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Arrowhead 12-30-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10322172)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/a7yNkxpi7o0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

O nice, how did you do in the NCAA tourney that year?

threebag 12-30-2013 02:57 PM

Go SHOX!!!

journeyscarab 01-04-2014 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10322172)

Haters gonna hate. The freight train is coming...just don't stand on the tracks too long.

GO SHOX!

journeyscarab 01-05-2014 10:07 PM

Wow...the Shocker Freight train is chugging full speed down the track. Nice, decisive win over UNI and now 15-0! Just what I needed after the crash and burn of the Chiefs!

Mr. Arrowhead 01-05-2014 10:09 PM

No joke going to the game today was the perfect therapy for last night train wreck chiefs game. We should move up to #6 in the polls tomorrow too!!!

BigRedChief 01-05-2014 11:08 PM

Nice start Shox!

journeyscarab 01-06-2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 10348642)
No joke going to the game today was the perfect therapy for last night train wreck chiefs game. We should move up to #6 in the polls tomorrow too!!!

We made #6!

Andoverer 01-06-2014 02:36 PM

Number 6 in both Coaches and AP today. Nice going Shox!!

HemiEd 01-06-2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyscarab (Post 10350341)
We made #6!

Yeah! It is now officially College BB season and it looks bright!