ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs A Hell of a Take on the Belcher Tragedy by Brady Quinn... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267318)

mikey23545 12-03-2012 02:24 AM

A Hell of a Take on the Belcher Tragedy by Brady Quinn...

Quinn, speaking to the media after the game:

"The one thing people can hopefully try to take away I guess, is the relationships they have with people. I know when it happened, in my head I’m thinking, what I could have done differently? When you ask someone how they are doing, do you really mean it? When you answer someone back how you are doing, are you really telling the truth?

“We live in a society of social networks, with Twitter pages and Facebook, and that’s fine and stuff. But we have contact with our work associates, our family, our friends, and it seems like half the time we are more preoccupied with our phone and other things going on instead of the actual relationships that we have in front of us.

“Hopefully people can learn from this and try to actually help if someone is battling something deeper on the inside than what they may be revealing on a day-to-day basis.”

AussieChiefsFan 12-03-2012 02:28 AM

Deep.

Imon Yourside 12-03-2012 02:31 AM

The trick is how do we get BQ into 140qb rating mode more often without something crazy going on? Solve that and we're Bowl bound.

mikey23545 12-03-2012 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9175368)
Deep.

For a football player? Yes, it is.

mikey23545 12-03-2012 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9175370)
The trick is how do we get BQ into 140qb rating mode more often without something crazy going on? Solve that and we're Bowl bound.

This isn't a "Quinn=QBOTF" thread. I just thought that it was a nice quote by BQ.

Chiefspants 12-03-2012 03:06 AM

I was very impressed with the thoughts he shared on the matter after the game. Considering the gravity and complexity of the tragedy, I definitely wasn't expecting players to provide much of an insight to their true thoughts on the issue.

EPodolak 12-03-2012 03:11 AM

Good articulation of how thoughtful people might feel in that situation.

BQ did graduate after all.

Hammock Parties 12-03-2012 03:27 AM

I just like that Quinn is giving his two cents now instead of Cassel.

If Mellinger hadn't written that shit about Cassel last week it would be like he didn't exist for the last three weeks.

rico 12-03-2012 04:28 AM

QB limitations aside, I like the dude BQ has become. He used to seem so douchey to me when he was at Notre Dame... now, after interviews like that one, he seems like an intelligent, introspective thinker. Pretty cool. Whatever Cassel's speech would have been, I'm sure it would have seemed scripted, written by someone else and forced...and I would have been rolling my eyes. Not the case with Quinn. He seems pretty impulsive and animated with some of his responses in interviews, which gives me the vibe that he is "winging" things....and judging by his interviews in the past couple years, I'm impressed with his ability to do that.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-03-2012 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9175396)
QB limitations aside, I like the dude BQ has become. He used to seem so douchey to me when he was at Notre Dame... now, after interviews like that one, he seems like an intelligent, introspective thinker. Pretty cool. Whatever Cassel's speech would have been, I'm sure it would have seemed scripted, written by someone else and forced...and I would have been rolling my eyes. Not the case with Quinn. He seems pretty impulsive and animated with some of his responses in interviews, which gives me the vibe that he is "winging" things....and judging by his interviews in the past couple years, I'm impressed with his ability to do that.

Cassel would've said Cassandra didn't grade out perfectly.

cyborgtable 12-03-2012 06:08 AM

Deep and a good message

notorious 12-03-2012 07:04 AM

Everyone that has someone fairly close to them commit suicide will ask themselves this.

I will never stop asking myself those questions.

Setsuna 12-03-2012 07:08 AM

All fine and dandy to realize this after the fact. Doesn't help him or the woman that died and the child left parentless though. I hate things like this. Tell yourself this privately not for the world to hear when you'll be right back to being oblivious in about 6 months. Infuriating.

Mile High Mania 12-03-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9175423)
All fine and dandy to realize this after the fact. Doesn't help him or the woman that died and the child left parentless though. I hate things like this. Tell yourself this privately not for the world to hear when you'll be right back to being oblivious in about 6 months. Infuriating.

Says the man over the Internet...

chiefzilla1501 12-03-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9175423)

I wouldn't treat these as small words. He's blaming himself for something somebody else did when it would have been easy to just make a canned statement. I don't think any more or less of Quinn, but I don't see how anyone can see anything wrong with this.