ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   So can someone tell us the last season Herm's offense hasnt gotten a QB killed? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175593)

Reerun_KC 11-29-2007 09:07 AM

So can someone tell us the last season Herm's offense hasnt gotten a QB killed?

With the thread about Croyle possibly not starting sunday, anyone know when Herms offense hasnt had a QB smoked by the end of the season?

cadmonkey 11-29-2007 09:09 AM

I think it was around two thousand and never.

Simplex3 11-29-2007 09:40 AM

Buy some tickets! See the next QB get slaughtered! Be there when a guy's head finally pops off in the field of play!

[/Carl]

The Bad Guy 11-29-2007 10:01 AM

Yep. It's Herm's fault that Carl didn't prepare for the retirement of Roaf and Shields. Herm should really find the fountain of youth.

Can someone tell me when Reetard has ever posted anything of substance on this board?

bobbything 11-29-2007 10:05 AM

Herm Edwards sucks as a gametime coach and talks without really saying anything.

I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but I felt like piling on.

Reerun_KC 11-29-2007 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadmonkey
I think it was around two thousand and never.

Did Pennington get hurt in 2003?

Not sure in 02 and 01, maybe Bill Parcells can help us on this one?

but from what I remember, there hasnt been a season where Herm has coached a team and they havent had to put in a backup because of injury...

Seems strange to me.

Pushead2 11-29-2007 10:33 AM

Herm should just go iron man and show us he is atleast trying to hurt the players. No need to sugar coat baby.....

KCJohnny 11-29-2007 10:42 AM

Blaming Edwards for QB injuries is not fair.
He's already roundly criticized for truncating the playbook to keep his QBs from getting hit too much. Can't have it both ways. Anyway, Croyle was hurt scrambling, not getting sacked. How can you hang that on the head coach???

Mile High Mania 11-29-2007 10:45 AM

Healthy QBs give your offense an ability to do nothing but reach that 21 point and over barrier... when that happens, you're playing crazy ball.

Reerun_KC 11-29-2007 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJohnny
Blaming Edwards for QB injuries is not fair.
He's already roundly criticized for truncating the playbook to keep his QBs from getting hit too much. Can't have it both ways. Anyway, Croyle was hurt scrambling, not getting sacked. How can you hang that on the head coach???

Not blaming anyone KCJohnny... Relax!

I just asked when what the last time a QB in Herms offense did not get hurt.

If he is truncating the playbook, why so many injuries?

KCJohnny 11-29-2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC

Reerun, I just don't think you corollate injuries with coaching. My only exception would be Mike Martz who has a very bad habit of leaving his QBs exposed with empty backfields.

I do not think Herm had a history of getting QBs beat up in NY. Pennington hurt his arm but he wasn't getting sacked a lot. Testaverde was nearly 40 and still playing. All coaches hate injuries because they cripple a team's ability to perform at max levels.

If you look across the league, the Chiefs are one of the healthiest teams in the NFL this late into the season.

cadmonkey 11-29-2007 11:37 AM

Quote:

Did Pennington get hurt in 2003?

Not sure in 02 and 01, maybe Bill Parcells can help us on this one?

but from what I remember, there hasnt been a season where Herm has coached a team and they havent had to put in a backup because of injury...

Seems strange to me.

he only played in 10 games in 2003 but 15 in 2002, so i would assume it had something to do with injury.

MahiMike 11-29-2007 01:00 PM

Old game plan - RunRunPassPunt
New game plan - RunRunInjuryPunt

Mr. Flopnuts 11-29-2007 02:40 PM

Right. It's Herm's fault his teams haven't had offensive lines. He hasn't been anywhere long enough to cultivate one. God knows Chad Pennington and Brodie Croyle both have reputations of being Iron Men. Some of you guys sound like 17th century women going on witch hunts. Stop already with the 2nd rate manipulation.

Chiefnj2 11-29-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Because the OL sucks??