ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs This coaching staff (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269363)

The Bad Guy 01-26-2013 10:49 PM

This coaching staff

There's 19 people (not including strength or conditioning coaches) on this staff.

That's an enormous staff.

I don't know what happened to Childress coming on, but I guess there's still room for him.

I can't criticize Clark for being cheap ever again. He's paying Romeo 7 million to sit at home and eat, he had to eat money with the staff contracts that were re-upped prior to last season, paid Pioli between 10-13 million to go away, still may end up paying Haley the 2 million he's owed.

On top of that. Reid is making between 35-40 million on his 5 year deal. I don't know what Dorsey got, but he has a 5 year deal as well. Dave Toub got close a million to be the ST coach.

We have 3 quality control coaches, a stat coordinator on staff, and an assistant special teams coach that's regarded as one of the 5 best ST coaches in the NFL.

I really didn't think Clark had it in him to do all of this and re-shape this franchise in just basically 4 weeks.

This staff went from being a ****ing laughable joke to being one of the deepest with tons of upcoming coaches.

Just remarkable. I really think there should be a collection taken to fly a banner at the home opener thanking for making the change. This guy was ****ing hammered with emails (I sent at least 1 every 2 days), banners flying, radio shows killing him and I think deserves the recognition at the opener. Hopefully SOC can pull something like that off.

BossChief 01-26-2013 10:52 PM

Is Emmitt Thomas still on staff after hiring Al Harris?

htismaqe 01-26-2013 10:52 PM

I believe we had 22 on staff during the Vermeil years.

Phobia 01-26-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9354312)
Is Emmitt Thomas still on staff after hiring Al Harris?

Yes.

Phobia 01-26-2013 10:53 PM

Agree, Frank. If this staff can't do something huge, something huge will never happen in KC.

mcaj22 01-26-2013 10:59 PM

i like the mix of a bunch of former players that are young coaches (Bienemy, Harris, Pederson, Nagy, etc) and a bunch of evaluators/analytical guys mixed in with vets like Andy Reid, Childress, etc. and then the consistency of Emmitt Thomas and Gary Gibbs, pretty much the only two coaches worth a shit from the prior staff, which was obvious by the fans and the new FO lol.

BossChief 01-26-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9354314)
Yes.

Wow, they aren't ****ing around.

Why hasn't Childress been announced as part of the staff? Is that a sure thing?

Word on Albert talks? Bowe?

htismaqe 01-26-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9354323)
i like the mix of a bunch of former players that are young coaches (Bienemy, Harris, Pederson, Nagy, etc) and a bunch of evaluators/analytical guys mixed in with vets like Andy Reid, Childress, etc.

Me too.

mcaj22 01-26-2013 11:02 PM

these guys will run a real practice not a Port o Potty Mo Carthon special or a Brian Daboll fisherman hat look at Jon Baldwin jump out of the gym off this trampoline and catch this ball one handed in shorts from a uncontested unpressured Castle lob.

Chiefshrink 01-26-2013 11:02 PM

Clark's a billionaire and few million is like pocket change for this guy and besides he knows the business side of it because if does a HUGE thing like Phobes said and goes well he will literally make a helluva a lot more than what it cost him to buyout the previous staff.

The Bad Guy 01-26-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9354317)
Agree, Frank. If this staff can't do something huge, something huge will never happen in KC.

Agree with that.

As for Vermeil's staff of 22, the most on a Vermeil coaching staff I think was 17.

Chiefshrink 01-26-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9354330)
these guys will run a real practice not a Port o Potty Mo Carthon special or a Brian Daboll fisherman hat look at Jon Baldwin jump out of the gym off this trampoline and catch this ball one handed in shorts from a uncontested unpressured Castle lob.

Reid loves to be in pads at all times always hitting. Wants a physical team:thumb:

mcaj22 01-26-2013 11:03 PM

how big is that soccer league Clark runs? is the MLS he's a part of a bigger money generated than the Chiefs?

no right? Just wondering how Clark pools his money for being involved in multisports and if there is any carry over.

Ill preface saying I dont watch soccer, so hopefully someone can educate me on that part.

The Bad Guy 01-26-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9354324)
Wow, they aren't ****ing around.

I don't know the answer to any of those.

Childress did meet with Reid here, and I was told that he was going to be part of the staff.

But I haven't heard anything on it lately.

No idea about the talks with those players.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-26-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9354307)

If I had a dime for every time I've heard that...

Phobia 01-26-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9354324)

Don't know about Childress. I'm also not sure on how everything works under the new CBA but signing periods for a team's free agents used to start in late february along with designated tagging periods as well.

Thig Lyfe 01-26-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9354341)
If I had a dime for every time I've heard that...

you'd have a nickel

HemiEd 01-27-2013 03:31 AM

Never did think he was cheap, just thought he let Pioli be cheap. He tried it his Dad's way, of letting his GM do it all and control everything.

I like it that he has decided that method wasn't working and is having the HC report directly to him.

Agree on the banner for he beginning of the season thanking him and welcoming the new staff.

CoMoChief 01-27-2013 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9354317)

yup

ChiefGator 01-27-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9354704)
Agree on the banner for he beginning of the season thanking him and welcoming the new staff.

Absolutely. That would be one class move. I'll pitch in for it.

AussieChiefsFan 01-27-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Reid is making between 35-40 million on his 5 year deal.

Have the specifics of the deal been announced (ie total contract worth). Also, between 35-40, would that make him the highest paid coach?

Ace Gunner 01-27-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

There's 19 people (not including strength or conditioning coaches) on this staff.

I don't know what happened to Childress coming on, but I guess there's still room for him.

I can't criticize Clark for being cheap ever again. He's paying Romeo 7 million to sit at home and eat, he had to eat money with the staff contracts that were re-upped prior to last season, paid ***** between 10-13 million to go away, still may end up paying Haley the 2 million he's owed.

On top of that. Reid is making between 35-40 million on his 5 year deal. I don't know what Dorsey got, but he has a 5 year deal as well. Dave Toub got close a million to be the ST coach.

We have 3 quality control coaches, a stat coordinator on staff, and an assistant special teams coach that's regarded as one of the 5 best ST coaches in the NFL.

I really didn't think Clark had it in him to do all of this and re-shape this franchise in just basically 4 weeks.

This staff went from being a ****ing laughable joke to being one of the deepest with tons of upcoming coaches.

Just remarkable. I really think there should be a collection taken to fly a banner at the home opener thanking for making the change. This guy was ****ing hammered with emails (I sent at least 1 every 2 days), banners flying, radio shows killing him and I think deserves the recognition at the opener. Hopefully SOC can pull something like that off.

He's at least a season late for my taste. Probably should have canned snotty after the playoff loss, really, since it was apparent mattydusa was finished.

No, I'll give him the nod here -- it is a lot of $$ & well needed change, but I won't put up any cash reward until I see some wins and real QB's on the roster.

You need good coaching, but you need better players or even the best coaches won't win.

htismaqe 01-27-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9354345)
Don't know about Childress. I'm also not sure on how everything works under the new CBA but signing periods for a team's free agents used to start in late february along with designated tagging periods as well.

It's always right around the 1st of March.

milkman 01-27-2013 09:12 AM

I've never understood the belief by most that Clark was cheap.

He paid top dollar for the guy that was the most sought after GM candidate in the league when he hired Pioli.

He then got out of the ay and gave Pioli all the power to make every other decision relating tothis team.

Pioli was the cheap bastard.

mdchiefsfan 01-27-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9354836)

He paid top dollar for the guy that was the most sought after GM candidate in the league when he hired *****.

He then got out of the ay and gave ***** all the power to make every other decision relating tothis team.

***** was the cheap bastard.

A lot of people, (I'll admit) including me, thought that Pioli was the puppet for Clark's cheapness. Never been more happy to be proven wrong.

Red Brooklyn 01-27-2013 09:40 AM

I've got nothing but love for Clark. The way he handled Pioli and the off season cemented it for me. He's not flawless. But so far I'm been impressed by him more often than not.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-27-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9354331)
Clark's a billionaire and few million is like pocket change for this guy and besides he knows the business side of it because if does a HUGE thing like Phobes said and goes well he will literally make a helluva a lot more than what it cost him to buyout the previous staff.

According to Kevin Harlin when it comes to NFL money. The Hunts are closer to the bottom in over all worth. They don't have Kraft billions.

Molitoth 01-27-2013 10:20 AM

Why should SOC do any thanking when it didn't have anything to do with the regime change? /true fan

Teehee

Carlota69 01-27-2013 10:34 AM

I'll pitch in on a banner.
What would it say? "Thank you Clark"?

The Bad Guy 01-27-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9354763)
He's at least a season late for my taste. Probably should have canned snotty after the playoff loss, really, since it was apparent mattydusa was finished.

No, I'll give him the nod here -- it is a lot of $$ & well needed change, but I won't put up any cash reward until I see some wins and real QB's on the roster.

You need good coaching, but you need better players or even the best coaches won't win.

Get the **** out of here. He's going to can the GM after a playoff loss?

Easy 6 01-27-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9354704)
Never did think he was cheap, just thought he let ***** be cheap. He tried it his Dad's way, of letting his GM do it all and control everything.

I like it that he has decided that method wasn't working and is having the HC report directly to him.

All of this.

I couldnt be more impressed with Clark, he has went ALL IN trying to turn this around, he's done everything we wanted and then some.

Phobia 01-27-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9354836)

He paid top dollar for the guy that was the most sought after GM candidate in the league when he hired *****.

He then got out of the ay and gave ***** all the power to make every other decision relating tothis team.

***** was the cheap bastard.

Been saying it all along. Clark isn't cheap. If you want to argue that Lamar was cheap, I'll entertain that argument. But Clark has proven otherwise.

milkman 01-27-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9355380)
Been saying it all along. Clark isn't cheap. If you want to argue that Lamar was cheap, I'll entertain that argument. But Clark has proven otherwise.

I would never have argued that Lamar was cheap, either.

I would argue that both he and Clark have hired the wrong people, but have never believed either wasn't willing to put the money on the table to support the team.

KC native 01-27-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9354334)
how big is that soccer league Clark runs? is the MLS he's a part of a bigger money generated than the Chiefs?

no right? Just wondering how Clark pools his money for being involved in multisports and if there is any carry over.

Ill preface saying I dont watch soccer, so hopefully someone can educate me on that part.

Guys/families like him don't pool money.

Clark makes a **** ton of money with his private equity stuff. The Chiefs are a cash machine. MLS is in a separate bucket. That's before we even get to their oil/gas interests.

They keep things in separate buckets for legal and tax reasons. If something goes wrong with one, they don't want the other assets to be able to be touched by that.

Titty Meat 01-28-2013 12:00 AM

Clark shoved it up our ass but this franchise still needs to win a playoff game.

Bob Dole 01-28-2013 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9354758)
Have the specifics of the deal been announced (ie total contract worth). Also, between 35-40, would that make him the highest paid coach?

http://www.therichest.org/sports/hig...d-nfl-coaches/

And just because Bob Dole saw it while researching something else last week, Mack Brown makes $5,266,667/yr coaching at Texas.

Mother****erJones 01-28-2013 05:54 AM

It's not that Clark or Lamar were cheap, it's that because of our ego driven GMs top players didn't want to come here especially later in Carl's tenure

Reerun_KC 01-28-2013 08:14 AM

This coaching staff will be absolutely meaningless if the dont get a Franchise QB...

They trade or aquire some Broke Dick Asshat from another team to ensure KC stays on the True Fan Quest for 7-9, then they are no better than anything else we have trotted through Arrowhead in the last decade...

Get a QB or GET OUT!!!

bowener 01-28-2013 11:30 AM

I'll donate for an opening day banner. However, I do not believe it should carry the "saveourchiefs" moniker. At the very most "SOC" should be used. It just seems odd that it was promised by saveourchiefs that it would disbanded once ***** was fired, yet it may appear on opening day next season. I'd be ok with it being used as a sign off (pun intended).

Something in this form:
Quote:

Thanks Clark, blah xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -SOC
And with that, the book on SOC can be closed. From there the creators can evolve it into some other form of team/fan support I suppose. Hell, the Royals arguably need more support than the Chiefs ever did. Of course this is just my (most likely valueless) opinion.

boogblaster 01-28-2013 12:20 PM

yup .....

Pasta Little Brioni 01-28-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9357762)
This coaching staff will be absolutely meaningless if the dont get a Franchise QB...

They trade or aquire some Broke Dick Asshat from another team to ensure KC stays on the True Fan Quest for 7-9, then they are no better than anything else we have trotted through Arrowhead in the last decade...

Get a QB or GET OUT!!!

Absolutely

NJChiefsFan 01-28-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

I can't criticize Clark for being cheap ever again. He's paying Romeo 7 million to sit at home and eat.

Well to be fair Clark is probably making half of that back with the money he will save on catering this year.

Groves 01-28-2013 04:33 PM

We'll show up at games. That's thanks enough.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-28-2013 06:54 PM

Browns officially fire Dick Jauron, believe it or not
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 28, 2013, 7:49 PM EST
Dick Jauron AP

This seems like far less than breaking news, but I suppose it is.

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Browns “officially” fired defensive coordinator Dick Jauron today.

That’s courteous of them, since they hired Ray Horton as defensive coordinator 10 days ago.

Letting Jauron twist for so long seems odd, but anyone who was interested in hiring him knew he’d be available about a week and a half ago.

This might be the hold up with Brad i cant find anywhere that he got fired yet.

O.city 01-28-2013 06:55 PM

Still furious that we missed out on Ray Horton.

The Bad Guy 01-28-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9359460)
Still furious that we missed out on Ray Horton.

I've gotten over it.

I think his personality would have clashed here.

O.city 01-28-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9359464)
I've gotten over it.

Yeah, I could see that.

Sorter 01-28-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9359460)
Still furious that we got ****ed over by the stupid Cards because they were pissed about Andy on Ray Horton.

FYP

ShowtimeSBMVP 06-07-2013 09:26 PM

Arrowhead Pride ‏@ArrowheadPride 7h

Remember Bills great Andre Reed? He'll be on Andy Reid's coaching staff this summer http://sbn.to/114T7M6

-King- 06-07-2013 09:30 PM

Andre Reed coaching WRs and Al Harris coaching DBs? Win.

Mav 06-07-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9359464)
I've gotten over it.

I know I am happy as hell to have that guy in Cleveland. Cant wait to see what hell he unleashes with all his new toys like Mingo, and Kruger.

BossChief 06-07-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9737201)

Remember Bills great Andre Reed? He'll be on Andy Reid's coaching staff this summer http://sbn.to/114T7M6

Wow

That's a good get.

Easy 6 06-07-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9737261)
Wow

That's a good get.

Ya know what would be even better? bringing in Marshall Faulk to work with Charles on being a pass catching back.

He's the perfect example of what Jamaal needs to become and has the football and personal intelligence to translate it.

rocknrolla 06-07-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

I'm impressed. All of this optimism is scary.
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief 06-07-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9737274)
Ya know what would be even better? bringing in Marshall Faulk to work with Charles on being a pass catching back.

He's the perfect example of what Jamaal needs to become and has the football and personal intelligence to translate it.

http://randomgifs.com/images/50cent2.gif

Thig Lyfe 06-07-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Arrowhead Pride @ArrowheadPride 1m

UPDATE: Turns out Andre Reed was NOT hired. Andy Reid was talking about himself with a mouthful of KitKat bars and popcorn shrimp

Titty Meat 06-08-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9737228)
I know I am happy as hell to have that guy in Cleveland. Cant wait to see what hell he unleashes with all his new toys like Mingo, and Kruger.

Kruger is one of many overpaid former ravens

ChiefGator 06-08-2013 05:15 AM

So, it looks like we are up to 21 coaches listed on the Chiefs website, but that excludes the special consultants in Chewie and Ault. So, seems like a coaching staff of 23 to me.

IowaChiefs83 06-08-2013 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9737337)
Arrowhead Pride @ArrowheadPride 1m

UPDATE: Turns out Andre Reed was NOT hired. Andy Reid was talking about himself with a mouthful of KitKat bars and popcorn shrimp

LMAO I like it.

TEX 06-08-2013 07:40 AM

The deal is this staff is a REAL STAFF. A total opposite of what the Chiefs have had recently.

BoneKrusher 06-08-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9354333)
Reid loves to be in pads at all times always hitting. Wants a physical team:thumb:

good.

milkman 06-08-2013 10:12 AM

Other than Clancy Pendergast, we've seen the same optimism with every new coaching hire around here every year since Herman ****ing Edwards was let go.

TEX 06-08-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9737674)
Other than Clancy Pendergast, we've seen the same optimism with every new coaching hire around here every year since Herman ****ing Edwards was let go.

Not really. I don't remember many being all fired up the past couple of years. I do remember optimism when Weis and Crennel were hired a few yeras ago, but not much there after.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 06-08-2013 11:19 AM

They've recouped their own money spent on the stadium rehab. It's DV assistant coach spending time again.

The Bad Guy 06-08-2013 11:21 AM

No way there was optimism over the Daboll hire.

BigCatDaddy 06-08-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9737740)

Sure was.

"Just looked what this guy did for Matt ****ing Moore! If he can do the same with Cassell look out!"

The Bad Guy 06-08-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9737743)
Sure was.

"Just looked what this guy did for Matt ****ing Moore! If he can do the same with Cassell look out!"

The people that were optimistic over that hire really can't be taken seriously because they clearly know shit about football.

Mav 06-08-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9737398)
Kruger is one of many overpaid former ravens

When you are the browns, and people don't want to play for you, you have to overpay, especially when you are stealing a guy from your biggest rival. I know we overpaid for him, we overpaid for Desmond Bryant as well, but with Kruger, more so than his ability, I wanted his work ethic and understanding of what it takes to win. He knows those things. Also he is a pure effort guy......
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9737740)

I liked Daboll. When he was with Mangini, and he was the oc during the magical Peyton Hillis year in Cleveland, he showed promise. After watching him last year with the chiefs, I was like wow, this guy sucks.

Al Czervik 06-08-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9737744)
The people that were optimistic over that hire really can't be taken seriously because they clearly know shit about football.

Exactly....Daboll has sucked dicks at all his other jobs. Most knew this.

FloridaMan88 06-08-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9737674)

Wrong.

Since Al Saunders left, pretty much every Chiefs OC has been met with a negative reaction (and rightly so) upon being hired except for Charlie Weis.