ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The SEC... REALLY? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266449)

|Zach| 11-10-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9104357)
You're all getting trolled here. Although we have threads like this every year, it seems. A bit of an inferiority complex, perhaps. The SEC is still clearly the best conference.

Cough

Coach 11-10-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9104342)
Reject? Weren't they the ones who willingly left the B12 to join the vastly superior conference? Credit to them for having this kind of great success in their first year unlike MU.

I was being sarcastic. Heh. :D

Coach 11-10-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

You're all getting trolled here. Although we have threads like this every year, it seems. A bit of an inferiority complex, perhaps. The SEC is still clearly the best conference.

I don't know about that. Alabama did not have to play Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida. Granted, they did play LSU, but other than that, (besides the A&M game) they didn't play really anybody, outside of a overrated Michigan team.

tk13 11-10-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9104362)
Unless they have a significant number of freshman/sophomores that are contributing to their success this season, then the point is entirely relevant. A&M's team that just beat Alabama is the exact same team that would have been playing in he Big XII this season if not for conference realignment. Everyone needs to face the fact that while the SEC has been the class of college football for the past several years, they aren't as dominant this season. Are they still the best conference? Yes, but they are not head and shoulders above everybody else.

And please save me the whole "Alabama got beat by another SEC team so how does that show weakness in the SEC" crap. Major conferences top teams rarely play against other top teams from other conferences during he regular season.

I would actually agree with you, I don't think the SEC is as strong as previous years.

However, I don't think any of the other conferences are as strong as previous years. Most of the teams in the Big XII literally can't play defense. It's Greg Robinson bad. The Pac 12 has some strong teams but it also has teams like Colorado who are horrifically bad. The Big Ten is a dumpster fire.

ArrowheadMagic 11-10-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9104055)
Doesn't matter. SEC still gets one in the NC game no matter what.

Maybe, maybe not. Be difficult to leap frog 3 undefeated teams. Provided all 3 win out.

tk13 11-10-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 9104371)
I don't know about that. Alabama did not have to play Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida. Granted, they did play LSU, but other than that, (besides the A&M game) they didn't play really anybody, outside of a overrated Michigan team.

I agree Alabama's schedule isn't as hard as it could be in the SEC. At the same time, Kansas State is probably going to the national championship game, and they have pretty much played one really good team, Oklahoma, and even that's questionable. Notre Dame punched them in the mouth. Plus they won't have to play a conference title game.

KC_Connection 11-10-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9104362)
Unless they have a significant number of freshman/sophomores that are contributing to their success this season, then the point is entirely relevant. A&M's team that just beat Alabama is the exact same team that would have been playing in he Big XII this season if not for conference realignment. Everyone needs to face the fact that while the SEC has been the class of college football for the past several years, they aren't as dominant this season. Are they still the best conference? Yes, but they are not head and shoulders above everybody else.

And please save me the whole "Alabama got beat by another SEC team so how does that show weakness in the SEC" crap. Major conferences top teams rarely play against other top teams from other conferences during he regular season.

Yeah, the SEC only has five teams in the top 10 this year and six in the top 15. It's a down year.

Saul Good 11-10-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9104375)
I would actually agree with you, I don't think the SEC is as strong as previous years.

However, I don't think any of the other conferences are as strong as previous years. Most of the teams in the Big XII literally can't play defense. It's Greg Robinson bad. The Pac 12 has some strong teams but it also has teams like Colorado who are horrifically bad. The Big Ten is a dumpster fire.

The SEC has six top fifteen teams. No other conference has more than two (when the rankings come out tomorrow).

KC_Connection 11-10-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

And troll threads are still entertaining.

BourbonMan 11-10-2012 06:50 PM

WOW..Look at all the BIG12 peeps jumping on ATM'S bandwagon, just because they beat Alabama..If I remember right this same BIG12 Conference basically told ATM.."See Ya, Don't let the door hit you in the ass"

Lzen 11-10-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9104305)
So to follow this logic: the SEC is weak because one of the best teams in the country, an SEC team, just beat another one of the best teams in the country, an SEC team.

LMAO

Yep. Except that aTm is basically a Big 12 team. They surely haven't turned into an SEC team over night. Somebody earlier in this thread mentioned the recruiting boost they got for moving to the SEC. Whether that's true or not, I doubt any of those recruits is making much of an impact this year. Just sayin'.

And I'm not talking trash. I'm just providing some logic in all this SEC hyperbole. MU fans, especially, have pushed this silliness. Again, yes the SEC is the best conference. They are not, however, head and shoulders above the Big 12, IMO. The Big 12 is actually pretty close.

Lzen 11-10-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9104342)
Reject? Weren't they the ones who willingly left the B12 to join the vastly superior conference? Credit to them for having this kind of great success in their first year unlike MU.

Vastly superior? ROFL You should stick to talking hoops.

Lzen 11-10-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9104375)

The problem I have with this argument is that I'd like to see how well the SEC defenses would look in the Big 12. I don't think they would be as dominant as they are now. JMO.

Titty Meat 11-10-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9104390)
Yep. Except that aTm is basically a Big 12 team. They surely haven't turned into an SEC team over night. Somebody earlier in this thread mentioned the recruiting boost they got for moving to the SEC. Whether that's true or not, I doubt any of those recruits is making much of an impact this year. Just sayin'.

And I'm not talking trash. I'm just providing some logic in all this SEC hyperbole. MU fans, especially, have pushed this silliness. Again, yes the SEC is the best conference. They are not, however, head and shoulders above the Big 12, IMO. The Big 12 is actually pretty close.

ROFL

Lzen 11-10-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9104397)
ROFL

Tell me, oh wise one, what part of my argument do you disagree?