ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' offense: "one of the worst in the league, by nearly every measure" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276680)

Ace Gunner 09-26-2013 07:10 AM

gee, I dint know that /anti smiff-ers

Earthling 09-26-2013 07:11 AM

If you take away defensive scoring for the Chiefs you would have to do that across the board for all teams to have a legit comparison. Without checking the numbers I would say they would rank better than 23rd. But, I am totally in agreement about shitty offensive line play.

Lex Luthor 09-26-2013 07:14 AM

Anyone who has watched the games should know that the Chiefs are lucky to be 3-0. Last week the Eagles turned the ball over 4 times in the first half, yet we only had a 10 point lead. I was sure we were going to lose that game up until the 5:00 minute mark of the 4th quarter.

Having said all of that, I'm still pretty damn happy with the job Andy Reid has done with this team. I think the offense will get better, and I like wondering how the hell this team is 3-0 a hell of a lot better than the shit we've been fed for nearly a decade.

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthling (Post 10020556)
But, I am totally in agreement about shitty offensive line play.

I wouldn't say the whole line has been $#itty.

I really like Albert's play. Big John and Hudson have been good with bad moments.

I'm not sold on our other 2...

crossbow 09-26-2013 07:16 AM

Chiefs Tight Ends are all injured too. Think that could have an impact on the running game?

Dave Lane 09-26-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020547)
I thought we'd be competitive this year with Alex because he doesn't turn it over.

I think the groaning is from those with unrealistic expectations from our QB. He is what he is.

Yup very mediocre. I do think its possible Andy Reid will succeed in getting him into the hall of mediocre. Alex is THAT good at it.

BigCatDaddy 09-26-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 10020485)
NO THATS JUST ALEX SMITH BEING EFFICIENT

IF THE DEFENDING IS GOOD THEN THE OFFENSE IS SUPPOSED TO SUCK

ANDY REID VANILLA OFFENSE DOESN'T WANT TO GIVE AWAY SUPER TOP SECRET PLAYS

/Smith Homer dumbasses

LMAO

Nailed it.

Ace Gunner 09-26-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020562)

I really like Albert's play. Big John and Hudson have been good with bad moments.

Will Shields was on 610 yesterday ripping the OL and specifically called Albert out.

He concluded they need to work as a unit in this offensive scheme.

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 10020565)
Chiefs Tight Ends are all injured too. Think that could have an impact on the running game?

The only problem I see with the running game is we don't use it enough.

Two good reasons to run more:

A) We have a ****ing fantastic HB.

B) Smith is an excellent play action passer. He's good selling the fake and he's not afraid to attempt deep passes on first down (out of play action.)

Sandy Vagina 09-26-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthling (Post 10020556)
If you take away defensive scoring for the Chiefs you would have to do that across the board for all teams to have a legit comparison. Without checking the numbers I would say they would rank better than 23rd. But, I am totally in agreement about shitty offensive line play.

Very true. KC has been very fortunate in their field position, thanks to the K/P returns and defensive turnovers.

( 1st in the league!!!! http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats )

Now, I ask ya.. is the offense to be punished by you because they haven't had to do more? haven't had to travel 80 yards down the field every drive?

No one is deluding themselves into thinking this offense is remarkable and running on all cylinders. They are just being realistic in accepting that the new system will take time to get into top gear... particularly the OL.. which IS ranked 7th worst so far in pass pro. The run blocking is ranked 5th best... but I think we all see issues there, and then factor in the QB's run yards to help that number.

Dave Lane 09-26-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10020562)

Need to draft moar OL. Cuz drafting a QB is risky. Sometimes they take like a year or something to get good. OL dominate from the very beginning.

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 10020570)
Will Shields was on 610 yesterday ripping the OL and specifically called Albert out.

He'd know better than me.

2/5ths of this line is new. The offense is new to all of them.

I expect the line as a whole to play better as the season goes on...

vailpass 09-26-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 10020570)

Oh what does he know about OL play?

Rausch 09-26-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 10020576)
Need to draft moar OL. Cuz drafting a QB is risky. Sometimes they take like a year or something to get good. OL dominate from the very beginning.

Completely disagree. After we go 10-7 and get face raped in our 1st playoff game we need to trade up and get a solid 3-technique to replace Tyson Jackson (who we'll cut to sign a new FB and TE in free agency...)

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09-26-2013 07:23 AM

There's just no way this team escapes a 3 or 4 game losing streak at some point. It's unfortunate, but the offense is that bad.