ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Cassel Succeeds Despite Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212382)

Quiet Storm 08-22-2009 02:05 PM

Give it some time

DaneMcCloud 08-22-2009 02:11 PM

Justifying his $63 million dollar contract AND a second round draft choice after a preseason game is ****ing stupid.

At some point in time, his play and the Chiefs success may prove that trading for and signing him was in the best interest of the Chiefs organization. But to make that call after two ****ing preseason games?

WTF?

Quiet Storm 08-22-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5993506)
Justifying his $63 million dollar contract AND a second round draft choice after a preseason game is ****ing stupid.

At some point in time, his play and the Chiefs success may prove that trading for and signing him was in the best interest of the Chiefs organization. But to make that call after two ****ing preseason games?

WTF?

I was fooling about

DaneMcCloud 08-22-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm (Post 5993528)
I was fooling about

I was referring to Claythan's article

Titty Meat 08-22-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5993506)

WTF?

It's a good thing we traded him with this o-line. Your boy Sanchez woulda gotten hurt.

Saccopoo 08-22-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talastan (Post 5993139)
As far as pass protection goes, I think Richardson was not bad, but he'll defintely need to get more aggressive during run blocking. Otherwise we need someone mean to come in there and mow over some defenses.

Maybe we could fire up the DeLorean and draft Loadholt...

And, holy shit, is Percy Harvin fast.

Pioli Zombie 08-22-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5993133)
I just finished rewatching the first half of this game, rewinding and replaying every snap, sometimes 7 or 8 times, and I'm here to tell you, Claythan, you don't have a ****ing clue.

Barry Richardson missed a couple of blocks in the run game, ut overal did a pretty good job.

In pass protect, he did his job.
He stayed between his man and Cassel, allowing Cassel to step up and make plays.

Overall, I think his performance rated a continued look at him into practice and the next game.

Wtf??? You watched every play of the first half of a preseason game, sometimes 7 or 8 times??????

Jason, you too? And you aren't on the Kansas City Chiefs coaching staff?

Ok, you people need a ****ing life.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 08-22-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5993553)
It's a good thing we traded him with this o-line. Your boy Sanchez woulda gotten hurt.

That's irrelevant at this point because the Chiefs traded for Cassel.

I didn't state that Cassel was a bad QB or has performed poorly.

But to call his $63 million contract and trade an unquantified success after two preseason games is ****ing ridiculous.

What if he's injured next week behind this awful offensive line and never is the same? What if he's injured and doesn't play well again?

There are just far too many variable to make that kind of a statement at this point.

BarrySPAMAID 08-22-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5993133)
I just finished rewatching the first half of this game, rewinding and replaying every snap, sometimes 7 or 8 times, and I'm here to tell you, Claythan, you don't have a ****ing clue.

Barry Richardson missed a couple of blocks in the run game, ut overal did a pretty good job.

In pass protect, he did his job.
He stayed between his man and Cassel, allowing Cassel to step up and make plays.

Overall, I think his performance rated a continued look at him into practice and the next game.

MILKMAN!!! I am proud to announce that I agree with you 100% on this post. Evidence of that can be found in episode 17 of the blog. GOOD STUFF man.

Now even the peeps over at WPI are trying to sell Doom and Gloom as well it seems at times. Monkey see, Monkey do. Hilarious!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV_PDb9CazA

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-22-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5993140)
The fact is, in rewatching the first half and replaying every snap, over and over again, I came to a couple of inevitable conclusions.

Mike Goff sucks ass, and LJ makes this O-Line look worse than it is because he has no vision, no patience, no power and no burst.

The one good run he made, he had a nice hole, created by a Richardson block, and he simply ran to the spot where the play was designed to run.

He's a by the book type-back with little to no improvisation skills.

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 5993553)

:spock: Is it Monday night yet?

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-22-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie (Post 5993570)
Wtf??? You watched every play of the first half of a preseason game, sometimes 7 or 8 times??????

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm sorry, where are we again? Oh yeah; a hardcore football board. It doesn't matter if this team wins 20 Championships, there will always be analysis and the picking apart of players and coaches because, well, we're football fans and that's what we do.

No go post me a mobile slab o' ribs; I'm hungry.:p

milkman 08-22-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie (Post 5993570)

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm a ****ing milkman.

On my days off I "sleep in" till 4:30AM.

What the hell else am I going to do at 4:30AM on a Saturday morning.

And speaking of getting a life, what the hell are you doing on a football discussion board on Saturday?

Why the hell are you not out there enjoying life, dumbass?

BDB 08-22-2009 03:49 PM

Cassel is horrible. Chiefs are going to be a easy out again this year. Thank god they are in the AFC West. shitiest franchise in the league and a good punching bag for the Broncos.

Titty Meat 08-22-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5993579)
That's irrelevant at this point because the Chiefs traded for Cassel.

I didn't state that Cassel was a bad QB or has performed poorly.

But to call his $63 million contract and trade an unquantified success after two preseason games is ****ing ridiculous.

What if he's injured next week behind this awful offensive line and never is the same? What if he's injured and doesn't play well again?

There are just far too many variable to make that kind of a statement at this point.

I agree. You don't live around KC you should hear the bullshit the media was spewing. They were making it sound like there was a QB controversy and Cassel sucked. I undertsand why alot of fans are really excited even if it was just a pre-season game.

Halfcan 08-22-2009 05:01 PM

nice one