ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Detailed KC Star article about John Dorsey (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268858)

Lex Luthor 01-13-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9316200)
But will one of those guys be the BPA at #1? If not, in the later rounds will one of them be there? The pressure will be on by the city and the fans with that #1 overall pick. If it isn't a QB at #1, they better be selling some fancy shit or Chiefs fans won't be buying. Dorsey and Reid's honeymoon will be over in KC already. It's been 30 years.

Oh, bullshit.

Reid and Dorsey aren't going to listen to the fans or even the drafturbators on Chiefsplanet, and I wouldn't want them to.

GMs who listen to fans wind up acquiring guys like Tim Tebow. I know, I know, the situations are completely different because the Tebow fans are stupid and the Chiefsplanet fans are smart.

The point is that I hope the Chiefs take Geno Smith with the #1 pick. But if they don't, I'm not going to melt down about it.

The Chiefsplanet drafturbators are never wrong about a quarterback. /Mark Sanchez

RealSNR 01-13-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9316083)
The guy's mantra is best player available. If he doesn't deem Geno Smith the best player available, even though his draft track record with GB is impeccable, this place is going to erupt something fierce.

See this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9316202)
no one drafts pure bpa

and every team makes their own evaluations so bpa is relative, 32 versions of bpa...no one gives a shit what kiper thinks

We're not taking a ****ing LT. And we're not taking a DE. Dorsey might be all about BPA, but he's also not a ****ing dumbass.

Rasputin 01-13-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9316258)
But I can't imagine we resign Albert and they draft the best OT?

They are still going be smart with the picks. I think they do want to create "real" competition and when you have two good players you create trade value with one of them. I know what your saying though. It's a philosophy to pick BPA, doesn't mean it always works out that way, but they try to stick with the board.

I think you fill holes in FA but you build your team through the draft making FA players expendable unless they prove to be worth keeping.

NJChiefsFan 01-13-2013 10:41 PM

The Packers drafted 5 straight defensive players to start last years draft, following a season where their defense killed them. Unless its a coincidence, their BPA formula includes need.

RealSNR 01-13-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro Bowler (Post 9316304)
Oh, bullshit.

Reid and Dorsey aren't going to listen to the fans or even the drafturbators on Chiefsplanet, and I wouldn't want them to.

GMs who listen to fans wind up acquiring guys like Tim Tebow. I know, I know, the situations are completely different because the Tebow fans are stupid and the Chiefsplanet fans are smart.

The point is that I hope the Chiefs take Geno Smith with the #1 pick. But if they don't, I'm not going to melt down about it.

The Chiefsplanet drafturbators are never wrong about a quarterback. /Mark Sanchez

We're never wrong about the need to take a QB. If Dorsey is worth an ounce of shit, he'll put his elite scouting talent to use and find the best QB in the draft, and that will be our pick at #1.

No other position is worth the #1 overall pick pricetag except for a handful, and the Chiefs are covered there.

For ****'s sake, the point of acquiring the #1 overall pick is not just to get a great player, but it's to DEMONSTRABLY make your team better.

A QB and a QB alone will do that for Kansas City. Nothing. Else.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro Bowler (Post 9316304)

GMs who listen to fans wind up acquiring guys like Tim Tebow.

What.

There was not a single Broncos fan who wanted Tebow in that draft in the 1st round.

Drafting a QB is smart. (Tebow wasn't a QB, btw)

People here are not gonna bitch if we take a QB. Doesn't have to be Geno. Just ****ing take one.

RealSNR 01-13-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9316314)
The Packers drafted 5 straight defensive players to start last years draft, following a season where their defense killed them. Unless its a coincidence, their BPA formula includes need.

:clap:

NJChiefsFan 01-13-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9316318)
What.

There was not a single Broncos fan who wanted Tebow in that draft in the 1st round.

Drafting a QB is smart. (Tebow wasn't a QB, btw)

People here are not gonna bitch if we take a QB. Doesn't have to be Geno. Just ****ing take one.

Yeah that was McDaniels trying to get a toy and show he could master the NFL with a player nobody else wanted.

AussieChiefsFan 01-13-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9316326)
Yeah that was McDaniels trying to get a toy and show he could master the NFL with a player nobody else wanted.

Reminds me of someone :hmmm:

NJChiefsFan 01-13-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9316328)
Reminds me of someone :hmmm:

Yeah, it's weird. Perhaps the two worked together at some point.

Sorter 01-13-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9316331)
Yeah, it's weird. Perhaps the two worked together at some point.

They might even be pals?

NJChiefsFan 01-13-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9316340)
They might even be pals?

Compatriots even.

Titty Meat 01-13-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9316317)
We're never wrong about the need to take a QB. If Dorsey is worth an ounce of shit, he'll put his elite scouting talent to use and find the best QB in the draft, and that will be our pick at #1.

No other position is worth the #1 overall pick pricetag except for a handful, and the Chiefs are covered there.

For ****'s sake, the point of acquiring the #1 overall pick is not just to get a great player, but it's to DEMONSTRABLY make your team better.

A QB and a QB alone will do that for Kansas City. Nothing. Else.

Jimmy Clausen says what up though?

mcaj22 01-13-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9316314)

not really.

all depth. Their BPA just fell that way.

I find it hard to believe drafting Casey Hayward includes a NEED when you have Sam Shields, Tramon Williams and Charles Woodson on the roster. Essentially drafting a 4th CB. He at that time was their BPA on their board at that slot, regardless of who they had on their team and they still snatched him. Great insurance policy to groom if Sam Shields walks in a year or when Woodson retires. It's not an immediate need for the 2012 season, is the point.

Yeah the guy had a good year because he was sprung into starters minutes cause a couple of the guys ahead of him got hurt. But it's not like they know that on draft day. They are just a team that always drafts secondary, whether to groom and develop or as an insurance policy. Not because there is necessarily a need.

Same with LBer and D-line. Jerrell Worthy didnt fit a need other than a perfect talent to groom. Even then he's not a need that gets thrown into the starting lineup, he's still 2nd/3rd string depth.

That's just how they draft. Players for positional competition and grooming, not necessarily a positional need.

Sorter 01-13-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9316348)
Compatriots even.

LMAO