ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sutton charged with DUI, career likely over (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=135681)

4th and Long 02-13-2006 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Possibly but he has alcohol abuse in his past. The Tulsa World also said the lab results wouldn't be back for 3-4 weeks. What BS. They are just waiting for it to blow over. Somebody else will be on the front page in 3-4 weeks.

3-4 weeks? That IS BS.

I can get you lab results for intoxication in less than 30 minutes.

3-4 weeks, my ass.

chief52 02-13-2006 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long
Some stations are reporting he may not have been drunk but instead, under the influence of pain killers that were prescribed to him for his back pain.

However, that is not really relevant. It is the same charge to be under the influence of a prescribed medicine or alcohol. Same thing.

4th and Long 02-13-2006 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief52
However, that is not really relevant. It is the same charge to be under the influence of a prescribed medicine or alcohol. Same thing.

I was in way, shape or form, calculating an argument designed to help Sutton avoid a DUI, chief.

Skip Towne 02-13-2006 07:59 PM

Quote:

3-4 weeks? That IS BS.

I can get you lab results for intoxication in less than 30 minutes.

3-4 weeks, my ass.

Exactly. If they wanted those results all they would have to do is pick up the phone. They are just waiting to become old news. Good plan.

chief52 02-13-2006 08:02 PM

Quote:

I was in way, shape or form, calculating an argument designed to help Sutton avoid a DUI, chief.

Gotcha...but I do not think it will fly, at least I know it will not in CA but every state is different. If you are under the influence you are under the influence regardless if it is something you drank or it is being taken under a doctor's orders. It might just look better in the public eye.

Skip Towne 02-13-2006 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief52
Gotcha...but I do not think it will fly, at least I know it will not in CA but every state is different. If you are under the influence you are under the influence regardless if it is something you drank or it is being taken under a doctor's orders. It might just look better in the public eye.

Are you aware that Sutton makes in excess of $1 mil per year? Don't you think he can make a simple DUI disappear? Look what OJ did with capital murder for your answer.

Smed1065 02-13-2006 08:17 PM

I believe it will come back as Pain killers.. I have had those pills as well from the dentist. If it was alcohol, it would have been a quick breathalizer. Stating a blood test makes me believe it was pain killers instead.

Halfcan 02-13-2006 10:49 PM

Oklahomo cops are real azzholes.

greg63 02-13-2006 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan
Oklahomo cops are real azzholes.

...Yup. Cops in Kansas aren't that great either.

greg63 02-13-2006 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Are you aware that Sutton makes in excess of $1 mil per year? Don't you think he can make a simple DUI disappear? Look what OJ did with capital murder for your answer.

Yeah, but Johnnie Cochran is no longer available. :D

Halfcan 02-13-2006 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg63
...Yup. Cops in Kansas aren't that great either.

If that would have been me driving through OK drunk, I am sure those test results would have been on the spot, not weeks away. The coach probably will get a slap on the hand.

greg63 02-13-2006 11:13 PM

Quote:

If that would have been me driving through OK drunk, I am sure those test results would have been on the spot, not weeks away. The coach probably will get a slap on the hand.

For sure, it wouldn't have gotten as far as a blood test if it were you or me; they would have just gone straight to the arraignment.

Halfcan 02-13-2006 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg63
For sure, it wouldn't have gotten as far as a blood test if it were you or me; they would have just gone straight to the arraignment.

LOL, hell I was doing 4 miles over and it's a $65 ticket. A Dui for a Missouri Boy would cost 10k plus 30 days in jail.

greg63 02-13-2006 11:26 PM

Quote:

LOL, hell I was doing 4 miles over and it's a $65 ticket. A Dui for a Missouri Boy would cost 10k plus 30 days in jail.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Yeah, I fined about that much for a failure to yeild.

I can remember traveling through Chetopa, speed trap capital of Kansas, on my way to Missouri one time and just before entering the city limits this guy shoots around me. I pass him again on the other side of town near the bridge as one exit the city limits having been pulled over by the local police. I had to laugh out loud as I drove by.