ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News It's time we ban pitbulls (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270868)

Richard_Cuckold 03-08-2013 12:24 AM

It's time we ban pitbulls

Enough is enough. These dogs are way too strong & unpredictable. Plus, they are normally owned by the wrong people. Deadly combo right there.

This latest pitbull attack is absolutely heartbreaking.

A 14-month-old Wisconsin boy has died after a brutal attack by a pair of pit bulls, authorities said on Thursday.
Police received a call from Susan Iwicki, 30, on Wednesday saying that she and the young boy were being attacked by the dogs, according to local NBC affiliate WMTV. Iwicki told police that she and the boy had each sustained injuries.

The boy died of his injuries at a Milwaukee area hospital later on Wednesday, the Walworth County sheriff’s office said, according to The Associated Press.
The boy had the “biggest eyes, great smile,” family friend Valerie Brylow told local affiliate WTMJ. “He was a great little boy.”
“He is adorable, absolutely adorable,” Nicole Jennison, another family friend told the station.
The boy’s name has not been released, and an investigation continues. Both of the pit bulls were removed from the property and euthanized on Wednesday, WMTV reported.
The fatal dog attack was the first in Wisconsin in a decade, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...lling-him?lite

Buck 03-08-2013 12:25 AM

I'm sure other breeds kill human babies just as often.

mr. tegu 03-08-2013 12:29 AM

The mom chose a babysitter where the owner had two pitbulls. In an apartment no less so they can't even go outside. This is sad but the mom isn't exactly the sharpest.

lcarus 03-08-2013 12:30 AM

Ban this, ban that. Ban everything potentially dangerous in the wrong hands! Let's just nerf the whole world. I'm about to go petition my congressman to ban swimming pools. Too many drownings per year. THE CHILDREN!!!

God damn idiots.

Gravedigger 03-08-2013 12:31 AM

This thread seems familiar... haven't we heard this stuff before in another thread?

And to take a phrase from the NRA, getting rid of pit bulls won't solve anything, criminals will get them and law abiding citizens will be without protection from them.

Bump 03-08-2013 12:31 AM

When will we blame the HUMANS who raise these animals?

Bugeater 03-08-2013 12:33 AM

Wait until BIG DADDY sees this thread.

(if he's even still around)

listopencil 03-08-2013 12:33 AM

Ban humans.

Imon Yourside 03-08-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9475953)
Wait until BIG DADDY sees this thread.

(if he's even still around)

YUP, beat me to it.

silver5liter 03-08-2013 12:45 AM

If you think the banning of pitbulls is a good thing, go **** yourself

pr_capone 03-08-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9475956)
Ban humans.

http://www.fuzzaleeto.8m.net/images/werd.jpg

silver5liter 03-08-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9475930)
I'm sure other breeds kill human babies just as often.

There are. Actually quite a few that kill more. But the media will put "pitbull" in the title of every story related to a pitbull bite, and ignore the breed on others.

If you guys havent seen the documentary "Beyond the Myth" I recommend it. Super depressing though.

Frazod 03-08-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Harrow (Post 9475927)
Enough is enough. These dogs are way too strong & unpredictable. Plus, they are normally owned by the wrong people. Deadly combo right there.

This latest pitbull attack is absolutely heartbreaking.

A 14-month-old Wisconsin boy has died after a brutal attack by a pair of pit bulls, authorities said on Thursday.
Police received a call from Susan Iwicki, 30, on Wednesday saying that she and the young boy were being attacked by the dogs, according to local NBC affiliate WMTV. Iwicki told police that she and the boy had each sustained injuries.

The boy died of his injuries at a Milwaukee area hospital later on Wednesday, the Walworth County sheriff’s office said, according to The Associated Press.
The boy had the “biggest eyes, great smile,” family friend Valerie Brylow told local affiliate WTMJ. “He was a great little boy.”
“He is adorable, absolutely adorable,” Nicole Jennison, another family friend told the station.
The boy’s name has not been released, and an investigation continues. Both of the pit bulls were removed from the property and euthanized on Wednesday, WMTV reported.
The fatal dog attack was the first in Wisconsin in a decade, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...lling-him?lite

Holy shit, first attack in 10 years? How will we survive as a species?

I'll bet you piss your pants at the sight of a gun, too. Pussy.

Richard_Cuckold 03-08-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9475985)
Holy shit, first attack in 10 years? How will we survive as a species?

I'll bet you piss your pants at the sight of a gun, too. Pussy.

Nice personal attack by the way.

And no I'm all for the 2nd Amendment. I do believe people have a right to defend themselves.

As far as owning pitbulls goes, whats the point? How in the hell are these wild beasts allowed to be pets? How many more ****ing kids have to die? Can't people just own a different breed or something? Get a pug or something sheesh.

pr_capone 03-08-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Harrow (Post 9475993)

And no I'm all for the 2nd Amendment. I do believe people have a right to defend themselves.

As far as owning pitbulls goes, whats the point? How in the hell are these wild beasts allowed to be pets? How many more ****ing kids have to die? Can't people just own a different breed or something? Get a pug or something sheesh.

So, one fatality in the entire state of Wisconsin in TEN years and it is time to ban shit. Seriously... I ****ing hate people like you.

Some of the best dogs I have ever known were Pits and Staffies.

Frazod 03-08-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

I don't give a shit about pit bulls. I'd never own one. What I do get sick of is people whose solution to every problem is BAN IT. BAN DOGS. BAN GUNS. BAN CIGARETTES. BAN SOFT DRINKS. BAN FAST FOOD. Enough with this nanny state shit. Shut up and grow a pair.

It's not like these dogs are eating people on a daily basis. Just like psycho killers aren't shooting up schools on a daily basis. STOP LETTING THE MEDIA SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF YOU. These are isolated incidents. People die - sometimes badly and needlessly. That's life.

Bump 03-08-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9476001)
So, one fatality in the entire state of Wisconsin in TEN years and it is time to ban shit. Seriously... I ****ing hate people like you.

Some of the best dogs I have ever known were Pits and Staffies.

seriously, my lab has a little bit of pit in here I think...I'm not sure, but the shape of her head, she's obviously a mutt but the paperwork doesn't say exactly what she is. She almost looks like she has a tiny bit of pit in her and she is the sweetest dog you'll ever see. It's all about how they are raised. The humans are to blame for the bad ones, it's ****ing bullshit they keep blaming the dogs. Dogs are good people and shit like this pisses me off.

TLO 03-08-2013 01:08 AM

This will not end well...

KC native 03-08-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Eat shit and die you spineless bitch. Learn some ****ing history first though.

The American Pit Bull Terrier is probably the first true American breed. The US military used to use them on recruiting posters. There are several examples of prominent pit bulls throughout history.

Labs bite more people on a per capita basis than pit bulls do. I don't see you saying ban them though.

KurtCobain 03-08-2013 01:10 AM

I think it's time we lock this guy in a closet for a few years.

pr_capone 03-08-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9476017)
I think it's time we lock this guy in a closet for a few years.

I'm not sure he isn't already in one.

Consistent1 03-08-2013 01:12 AM

The assholes that think pits are street cred are the problem. I wouldn't want one myself, but whatever. I had this friend that had a malamute. They didn't take care of it well at all. The thing got mean to the point where all of our friends were scared to death of the dog. I would go play with him in the garage they kept him in, and after a couple minutes of attention, he calmed the **** down. It was a case of someone getting a dog that never should have.

Talisman 03-08-2013 01:13 AM

But she would be so lonely...

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18fb...g/original.jpg

pr_capone 03-08-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talisman (Post 9476023)

Her favorite position?

doggy style.

KC native 03-08-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 9476021)
The assholes that think pits are street cred are the problem. I wouldn't want one myself, but whatever. I had this friend that had a malamute. They didn't take care of it well at all. The thing got mean to the point where all of our friends were scared to death of the dog. I would go play with him in the garage they kept him in, and after a couple minutes of attention, he calmed the **** down. It was a case of someone getting a dog that never should have.

Pits are not good dogs for owners who aren't willing to be dominate and enforce pack order. They're also extremely overbred by dipshits who have no idea of what the breed standard is.

silver5liter 03-08-2013 01:18 AM

Also a big thing is that all pit bull "looking" dogs are clumped into this category of pit bull.

Richard_Cuckold 03-08-2013 01:20 AM

So I guess a lot of you are perfectly okay with little kids dying. Right on I guess.

Richard_Cuckold 03-08-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9476007)
I don't give a shit about pit bulls. I'd never own one. What I do get sick of is people whose solution to every problem is BAN IT. BAN DOGS. BAN GUNS. BAN CIGARETTES. BAN SOFT DRINKS. BAN FAST FOOD. Enough with this nanny state shit. Shut up and grow a pair.

It's not like these dogs are eating people on a daily basis. Just like psycho killers aren't shooting up schools on a daily basis. STOP LETTING THE MEDIA SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF YOU. These are isolated incidents. People die - sometimes badly and needlessly. That's life.

Wow you have over 80,000 posts. Holy crap do you even have a life?:LOL:
You're probably really fat too.

Frazod 03-08-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Harrow (Post 9476035)
So I guess a lot of you are perfectly okay with little kids dying. Right on I guess.

Would you be happier if he'd died in a fire?

pr_capone 03-08-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Harrow (Post 9476035)

You are making the same argument as the people who are using Newton to try and grab guns.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mPa71jCO7I...hechildren.jpg

pr_capone 03-08-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Harrow (Post 9476041)

LOL, weren't you the guy complaining about the personal attacks earlier in this very thread?

mr. tegu 03-08-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

These wild animals just attacked out of no where! They smelled blood from a block away and went on the hunt.

Well wait. Actually the victims were in the apartment of the owner, who also happens to be the babysitter. What kind person chooses a babysitter who lives in an apartment with two pitbulls? Any unfamiliar dog for that matter.

People can own alligators. Pitbulls shouldn't be going anywhere either. Not my kind of dog but I'm sure like with any animal they make good pets with proper care.

Sorter 03-08-2013 01:24 AM

A game pit will take a lion /Mayberry

Frazod 03-08-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Harrow (Post 9476041)

Well, I have been here 12 1/2 years.

And I'm not nearly as fat as you are a pussy.

OH NO THE DOGGIE SCARED ME BAN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :deevee:

Do the world a favor. Stuff your ****ing head in an oven and turn on the gas.

KurtCobain 03-08-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9476052)

And I'm not nearly as fat as you are a pussy.

quoted due to causing uncontrollable laughter

Hootie 03-08-2013 01:27 AM

I think we should ban the government from creating natural disasters...it's bullshit.

silver5liter 03-08-2013 01:30 AM

Thanks Obama

Richard_Cuckold 03-08-2013 01:40 AM

I love how some of you are sending me death threats. I must of really struck a nerve huh?
Keep it up

Hootie 03-08-2013 01:40 AM

i'm gonna kill you

KurtCobain 03-08-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Harrow (Post 9476084)
I love how some of you are sending me death threats. I must of really struck a nerve huh?
Keep it up

I'm strictly forbidden from sending death threats or any threats of any kind anymore, or you'd have some from me, too.

Hootie 03-08-2013 01:47 AM

not sure if I want to PM him the death threat or give him positive rep, but with a death threat

I'm thinking if I go the posirep route and it gets back to a mod I can be like..."hey! it was positive rep! that can't be a threat!"

hm, decisions

Richard_Cuckold 03-08-2013 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9476047)
LOL, weren't you the guy complaining about the personal attacks earlier in this very thread?

But my post was not a personal attack. Just a couple of observations.

ronipow 03-08-2013 01:55 AM

Quote:

My first post will be......

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!!

Have you owned a pitbull in your lifetime?
Or do you just base your opinions off of the interwebs and TV news stories?

silver5liter 03-08-2013 01:55 AM

Technically it would be considered a personal attack if a person owned a pit bull

HolyHat 03-08-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronipow (Post 9476108)
My first post will be......

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!!

Have you owned a pitbull in your lifetime?
Or do you just base your opinions off of the interwebs and TV news stories?

This is funny, he saved his first post for this. LMAO

silver5liter 03-08-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9476111)
This is funny, he saved his first post for this. LMAO

His rep just skyrocketed

pr_capone 03-08-2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9476113)
His rep just skyrocketed

I have a gigantic rep stick and I put it DEEP inside the n00b.

silver5liter 03-08-2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9476114)
I have a gigantic rep stick and I put it DEEP inside the n00b.

Push it to the limit

nstygma 03-08-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9476096)
not sure if I want to PM him the death threat or give him positive rep, but with a death threat

I'm thinking if I go the posirep route and it gets back to a mod I can be like..."hey! it was positive rep! that can't be a threat!"

hm, decisions

it doesn't matter, just put "figuratively" at then end. like, I still have your address from that one time and I'll be over one of these nights to plunge a knife into your neck while you sleep, figuratively of course. then its not a real threat of any kind.

Hootie 03-08-2013 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstygma (Post 9476116)
it doesn't matter, just put "figuratively" at then end. like, I still have your address from that one time and I'll be over one of these nights to plunge a knife into your neck while you sleep, figuratively of course. then its not a real threat of any kind.

nice

I never thought of that...figuratively speaking

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-08-2013 02:04 AM

I'm with Richard on this. I own lots of rental property and I absolutely WILL NOT allow any tenants with pit bulls. I will evict them. They are normally owned by gang bangers and or people that don't have the brains to take care of them properly.

I have raised and bred Rottweillers for years ,used to sell them to soldiers at FT Bragg. I love Rottys but there again they need to be taken care of properly.

Would you let someone babysit your child if they owned a pit bull? Absolutely not.

Would you let someone babysit your child if they owned a dachsund ? Yes,probably.

The dogs were bred to fight , I don't care what anybody says. That's why guess what, when you go to a dog fight what do you think yo'll see, a lab against a border collie. No , ****ing pitts. **** pit bulls!

J Diddy 03-08-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9476118)
I'm with Richard on this. I own lots of rental property and I absolutely WILL NOT allow any tenants with pit bulls. I will evict them. They are normally owned by gang bangers and or people that don't have the brains to take care of them properly.

I have raised and bred Rottweillers for years ,used to sell them to soldiers at FT Bragg. I love Rottys but there again they need to be taken care of properly.

Would you let someone babysit your child if they owned a pit bull? Absolutely not.

Would you let someone babysit your child if they owned a dachsund ? Yes,probably.

The dogs were bred to fight , I don't care what anybody says. That's why guess what, when you go to a dog fight what do you think yo'll see, a lab against a border collie. No , ****ing pitts. **** pit bulls!

I think we should ban hogs.

pr_capone 03-08-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

If I know the dog and the human? If I know it is a well trained dog and I trust it's owner? Absolutely.

Quote:

Think about this statement.

Those guns were made to kill, I don't care what anybody says. That's why guess what, when you hear of a school shooting what do you think was used, a handgun or a bolt action .22. No, ****ing assault rifles. **** assault rifles.

The breed does have specific needs but in a "pack" with a good leader Alpha (person, they are fantastic dogs and are great with kids. It is up to the people to train the dog well.

nstygma 03-08-2013 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9476123)
I think we should ban hogs.

hog attacks have been on the rise!

J Diddy 03-08-2013 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 9476127)
Yea, bacon sucks.

bite your tongue.

Bacon is what we do with euthanized hogs.

nstygma 03-08-2013 02:12 AM

Quote:

They are normally owned by gang bangers and or people that don't have the brains to take care of them properly.

so its the people, not the dogs?

Sorter 03-08-2013 02:13 AM

Quote:

It would depend on the age of my child, the owner, and the pit itself. I don't have children and don't have enough arrogance to think I'd know how I'd view this situation if I had a kid.

However, I do think that those 3 factors would be evaluated before saying no to anybody that owns a pit.

Also, is it a game pit? Like, one that will take down a lion? LMAO

Richard_Cuckold 03-08-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Glad someone finally agrees with me.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-08-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9476128)
If I know the dog and the human? If I know it is a well trained dog and I trust it's owner? Absolutely.

Think about this statement.

Those guns were made to kill, I don't care what anybody says. That's why guess what, when you hear of a school shooting what do you think was used, a handgun or a bolt action .22. No, ****ing assault rifles. **** assault rifles.The breed does have specific needs but in a "pack" with a good leader Alpha (person, they are fantastic dogs and are great with kids. It is up to the people to train the dog well.

Dude, apples and oranges. Although I understand what you're saying. I know Pitts can be a good pet for a responsible owner. But 99% of the time that's the problem. And guns don't kill people. But a Pitt Bull will.

nstygma 03-08-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9476139)
Dude, apples and oranges. Although I understand what you're saying. I know Pitts can be a good pet for a responsible owner. But 99% of the time that's the problem. And guns don't kill people. But a Pitt Bull will.

i agree with you about the rentals, but that's because i don't trust people to be responsible.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-08-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9476136)
It would depend on the age of my child, the owner, and the pit itself. I don't have children and don't have enough arrogance to think I'd know how I'd view this situation if I had a kid.

However, I do think that those 3 factors would be evaluated before saying no to anybody that owns a pit.

Also, is it a game pit? Like, one that will take down a lion? LMAO

So, if your kid was 1 year old and the owner was a good friend and lets say you've been to their house many times and the dog seemed nice enough you'd just be Ok with it ???????????????????

big nasty kcnut 03-08-2013 02:30 AM

Damn it i thought this was about banning pitbull the singer. God he sucks.

pr_capone 03-08-2013 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 9476146)
Damn it i thought this was about banning pitbull the singer. God he sucks.

now this is something I can get on board with

KurtCobain 03-08-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9476143)
So, if your kid was 1 year old and the owner was a good friend and lets say you've been to their house many times and the dog seemed nice enough you'd just be Ok with it ???????????????????

Wow, that's a lot of question marks.

Sorter 03-08-2013 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9476152)

It was far too many to respond to.

KurtCobain 03-08-2013 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9476155)

forced me to make a sandwich, slap my sleeping 3 year old and really think about life while he's crying in the background wondering wtf he did wrong.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-08-2013 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9476152)

And FYI, if you just hold down on the key you can do that too.

pr_capone 03-08-2013 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9476155)

LMAO

ThaVirus 03-08-2013 02:52 AM

Anybody know where this Harrow character lives?

Please, drop by and perform an emergency vasectomy. I pray its not too late.

ImAWalkingCorpse 03-08-2013 03:15 AM

http://i45.tinypic.com/25u7hht.jpg

ImAWalkingCorpse 03-08-2013 03:17 AM

Pits are fine if they are owned by the right person.

Consistent1 03-08-2013 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 9476168)
Pits are fine if they are owned by the right person.

That's the thing though, they aren't usually in good situations. I have seen so many wanna be gangstas talking about pits, and they think they can selectively get them to be angry and it's cool.

SPchief 03-08-2013 03:42 AM

There's so much race baiting and dumbassery going on here that I thought I clicked into DC. Did I? My pit is one of the best dogs ever.

jspchief 03-08-2013 04:08 AM

I would avoid having my children around pitbulls. I don't know if they are statistically any more likely to attack than other breeds, but it seems like when they do attack, they do a hell of a lot more damage than the typical dog bite. Maybe it's all just media sensationalism, but when it comes to my children, I err on the side of caution. As for whether the breed is banned, I wouldn't be against it. Not sure it's an issue that would bring me to the polls either way. I've yet to hear an overly compelling argument against a ban other than perhaps the impossibility of actually enforcing it.

Consistent1 03-08-2013 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 9476176)
There's so much race baiting and dumbassery going on here that I thought I clicked into DC. Did I? My pit is one of the best dogs ever.

The only race baiting where I am at right now is who can get the nightcrawler on the hook faster. Whole bunch of whiteys out there making dogs mean.

Cheater5 03-08-2013 04:22 AM

I say ban anything or everything that has ever hurt us. People aren't responsible for actions, objects and animals are. My God! Why do we need cars that can drive faster than 65 MPH? Why do people have swimming pools in their backyard? Think Of all the children who have drowned! It's crazy- we should have only public pools where a professional lifeguard can watch over us. And guns- don't get me started...only registered hunters who have passed an extensive safety test will be issued 15 rounds of ammunition per year, and hunting should only be allowed in Montana or the Dakotas or something. And all scissors should be rounded, and, and...

http://dontbullymybreed.org/

"Ban Pitbulls"...GTFO of here.

Ace Gunner 03-08-2013 06:32 AM

LETS BAN WINDOWS TOO

3-year-old dies after falling out window in Queens

jspchief 03-08-2013 06:46 AM

Do you think the cons of a world without windows are comparable to the cons of a world without pitbulls?

soopamanluva 03-08-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9476031)
Also a big thing is that all pit bull "looking" dogs are clumped into this category of pit bull.

Exactly. Most people dont even know what a pit bull is. They mistake my dog for a pit and its not. So are we going to ban every dog that looks like a pit also? Stupid...

Cheater5 03-08-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soopamanluva (Post 9476240)
Exactly. Most people dont even know what a pit bull is. They mistake my dog for a pit and its not. So are we going to ban every dog that looks like a pit also? Stupid...

Dude. These are new "assault" Pitbulls that were bred for the military and have high capacity mouths with extra teeth and 'locking' jaws. I read it on the Internet or something.