ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Hell has officially frozen over... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264646)

NewChief 10-04-2012 09:29 AM

Hell has officially frozen over...

Rush was nominated for the R&R HoF. I'm sort of sad as hearing the annual wailing and gnashing of teeth from the jilted Rush fans has become a sign of the changing of the seasons as surely as fall foilage.

Halfcan 10-04-2012 09:55 AM

I was going to post this exact thread- Hell Has frozen- I can't believe they finally caved in on it. What a bunch of D bags to wait soo long to nominate the Greatest Band of all Time!! Rush should have been 1st ballot with Zep, beatles, Who, Stones and Elvis.

The New Tour is F N awesome too!! They have Never played better!! Clockwork is their Best CD in devades as well!!

Fish 10-04-2012 10:00 AM

The Hall of Fame died quite some time ago. This is just another shovel full of dirt on top...

pimpchief 10-04-2012 10:02 AM

Everybody is always quick to announce the death of everything. There's nothing wrong with the rnrhof.

Halfcan 10-04-2012 10:03 AM

IRON MAIDEN- NEEDS TO BE NEXT!!

UP THE IRONS!!

DaneMcCloud 10-04-2012 10:46 AM

Not only Rush but Deep Purple is finally nominated.

How the hell could Deep Purple, one of THE most influential and popular bands in rock history NOT be in the Rock & Roll HOF?

They should be in for "Smoke on the Water" alone.

KC_Lee 10-04-2012 10:50 AM

About freaking time. I mean why would you want to nominate a band that still has all its original members (yes I know that Neil Pert was the second drummer for Rush) and still sell out arenas?!?

Now lets get Deep Purple, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden on the ballot!!!

Halfcan 10-04-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8976491)
Not only Rush but Deep Purple is finally nominated.

How the hell could Deep Purple, one of THE most influential and popular bands in rock history NOT be in the Rock & Roll HOF?

They should be in for "Smoke on the Water" alone.

Exactly!! :thumb:

Halfcan 10-04-2012 11:20 AM

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AT ROLLING STONE.COM

RUSH has 27% of the vote so far!!

This is the Most Important vote of the year!! lol

Halfcan 10-04-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8976498)
About freaking time. I mean why would you want to nominate a band that still has all its original members (yes I know that Neil Pert was the second drummer for Rush) and still sell out arenas?!?

Now lets get Deep Purple, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden on the ballot!!!

Rush somehow pissed off R S owner Jan back in the 70's and the little freak holds a grudge. He is alson the owner of hof.

Halfcan 10-04-2012 11:33 AM

I will be there to watch it if they get in. I am betting they will be touring that city at the same time by some coincidence-lol

KC_Lee 10-04-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 8976576)
Rush somehow pissed off R S owner Jan back in the 70's and the little freak holds a grudge. He is alson the owner of hof.

I think Werner has a deep seeded hate of prog rock seeing how Yes is not in the RROF and it's taken this long to get Rush on the ballot.

DaneMcCloud 10-04-2012 12:20 PM

Wow, that's quite a list! I voted for Rush, Deep Purple, Albert King and The Meters.

I can't believe that all of those bands are missing.

I would have voted for Heart but the others are more important and there's no way I could vote for Joan Jett (who is awesome) before Heart.

vailpass 10-04-2012 12:43 PM

How can a band be in the hof when they only have one song?

whoman69 10-04-2012 12:43 PM

The Rock and Roll HOF is the worst HOF out there. How can you explain Abba being in with all the groups they've excluded? You have groups in there because they had someone famous before they hit it big and a ton of groups nobody even remembers. When will the guy who sang the Pina Colada song get elected? They're even putting in the backup bands for singers. Can anyone name a member of the the Crickets?