ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Rock N Poll: Round 1, Heat 10 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242361)

Rain Man 03-05-2011 12:23 PM

Rock N Poll: Round 1, Heat 10

This is going to be an interesting one. Check out the array of styles.

KurtCobain 03-05-2011 12:24 PM

YES OH MY ****ING GOD ITS ANOTHER ROUND!

KurtCobain 03-05-2011 12:24 PM

Where the **** is this pole? I'm very upset about this. **** you Rainman!

KurtCobain 03-05-2011 12:26 PM

So I'm going to the lake today, a little chilly outside but not bad. You think when I get back this poll will finally be finished?

Rain Man 03-05-2011 12:32 PM

Print this poll out, and think about it when you're on the lake. Please consider musical composition, musical originality, lyrical poetry, lyrical meaning, and performance quality for both instrumentals and music.

Ebolapox 03-05-2011 12:34 PM

very 'meh' heat.

KurtCobain 03-05-2011 12:38 PM

Sucks.

Rain Man 03-05-2011 12:41 PM

Lots of good ones in this heat.

Obviously, Born to Run is in. It's iconic.

I'll also go with Mr. Sandman by the Chordettes. I realize it probably doesn't quite fit the image of rock and roll, but it's a forerunner and it's one of the most awesome songs ever.

I have one more spot, and pondered all of them.

Okay, both songs by AC/DC are horrible, just loud music. Hell's Bells started out interesting, but devolved into the sound of drums and a guitar falling down a flight of stairs. Live Wire was better, but still was never something I'd buy for my itunes. Too shrill.

The REO Speedwagon song was fine, but not noteworthy.

Dream Police is very interesting in part because it's unique. I would have no issue voting for it or seeing it advance. It didn't get my vote only because this is a strong heat.

Vertigo is the same. Very interesting sound, very unique. I'd be fine to see it advance, too, and it's worthy.

I voted for Landed. It's probably a protest vote because it's not really rock and roll, but wow, that's a great song. It's smooth, it tells a story, and I'm a sucker for songs that don't just use the traditional guitars and drums.

Frazod 03-05-2011 12:45 PM

Springsteen is more overrated than the 2007 Jayhawks.

Cheap Trick and AC/DC for me. :thumb:

Bugeater 03-05-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7468232)
The REO Speedwagon song was fine, but not noteworthy.

:cuss:

That and Dream Police are the only songs worth voting for.

Rain Man 03-05-2011 01:13 PM

We must have a software problem or something. I'm looking at the results, and it seems as if not everyone is voting for Born to Run. That can't be right.

Ebolapox 03-05-2011 01:18 PM

Rain Man:Bruce Springsteen :: Jenson71:Bob Dylan

patteeu 03-05-2011 01:35 PM

This is a brutal lineup. It's going to be hard to pick just three. The people voting for the "Wow" option should be banned from the rest of this process.

My top 4 are listed below. Send me a rep message to tell me which one I should drop to help me make up my mind. The one that gets the most rep votes will be left behind and I'll vote for the other three.

I agree that Born To Run is iconic and it definitely deserves to make it out of this round. I'm not sure it's in my top 3 though.

I think the ipod commercials made Vertigo kind of iconic too. It's a great song from a band I'm not that big on.

Dream Police is a high energy song that I've always liked from an awesome band that doesn't get enough recognition.

Hell's Bells is the first song on the first vinyl record album I ever owned and I played the heck out of that album. Unlike Rain Man, I like the sound of drums and guitars falling down the stairs. In fact, this list seems to have been designed to draw out differences between RM and myself as we've got almost diametrically opposed opinions here. The only people who have worse takes on this list than Rain Man are the people who voted "Wow" (who, btw, should be banned from the rest of this process).

P.S. Golden Country would have easily made my top 3 in a few of the other heats.

Chiefburger 03-05-2011 01:41 PM

But Springsteen is the Boss. How can this be?

KurtCobain 03-05-2011 01:41 PM

Vertigo iconic? Pssh, it shouldn't even be up there.