ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Android Incredible! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=228740)

Sure-Oz 08-07-2010 02:03 AM

Anyone know how you clean the touch screen of the incredible? water and cloth? I know it gets smudgy at times due to oily skin or fingers, for the most part i wipe with a tissue and its fine but it has some specs that i know i need to get wet to clear. Any ideas how i should do that? or whats safe to use? dont want to **** it up

DaFace 08-07-2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6921784)
Anyone know how you clean the touch screen of the incredible? water and cloth? I know it gets smudgy at times due to oily skin or fingers, for the most part i wipe with a tissue and its fine but it has some specs that i know i need to get wet to clear. Any ideas how i should do that? or whats safe to use? dont want to **** it up

I am assuming that the screen is similar to that of an LCD monitor. If that's the case, I've heard that a 50/50 mix of isopropyl alcohol and distilled water makes a good cleaner. The main thing is not to ever spray anything on the screen itself. Dampen the cloth, then use that on the screen.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-07-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 6921032)
Did you get the dispatcher gig?

They haven't even started the second round of testing yet, nor have they released the test scores from the written exam yet.

A City gig is a long process. A Police gig even longer. I'm hopeful though, and I really want that job. I enjoyed the process of studying and I found that I can read and retain a lot of information pretty quickly. I'd also like to be able to help people and maybe save a life or two now and again.

But I'm also participating in other options in the realm of school/training in case it doesn't pan out. I've got a clean record, but I'm concerned that my four years clean is about two years too short. We'll see.

(sorry for momentary hi-jack)

BigMeatballDave 08-07-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6921271)
Turning off wifi helped alot today, i had alot more battery than ive had before. What is the point of the wifi? i mean i have unlimited data and it goes fast anyway. Also vail ill dl that advanced task killer app. thanks

Wifi is usually faster and more consistent than 3G. Especially if you're indoors.

Sure-Oz 08-07-2010 12:25 PM

Thanks Daface adn BCD, im so new to this 'smartphone' stuff...

Yeah i may try that alcohol, i also heard that cloth that you use to clean glasses may be a good alternative. ive been very picky and wiping it alot and for the most part its stayed really clean like new.

BigMeatballDave 08-08-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6922135)
Thanks Daface adn BCD, im so new to this 'smartphone' stuff...

Don't mention it. I dont know about the Incredible, but the Droid will switch to wifi automatically if its a stronger signal than 3G.

vailpass 08-08-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROR (Post 6922087)
They haven't even started the second round of testing yet, nor have they released the test scores from the written exam yet.

A City gig is a long process. A Police gig even longer. I'm hopeful though, and I really want that job. I enjoyed the process of studying and I found that I can read and retain a lot of information pretty quickly. I'd also like to be able to help people and maybe save a life or two now and again.

But I'm also participating in other options in the realm of school/training in case it doesn't pan out. I've got a clean record, but I'm concerned that my four years clean is about two years too short. We'll see.

(sorry for momentary hi-jack)

Like the man said, things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out. You seem to be busting your hump to get to where you want to be. I admire that and am pulling for you.

vailpass 08-08-2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6921271)
Turning off wifi helped alot today, i had alot more battery than ive had before. What is the point of the wifi? i mean i have unlimited data and it goes fast anyway. Also vail ill dl that advanced task killer app. thanks

If you check ATK semi-regularly you can have it turn off a lot of background things that you don't even know are running.
And whatever you do keep gps turned off unless you are using it. That one will drink you dry in a hurry.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-09-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 6923853)
Like the man said, things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out. You seem to be busting your hump to get to where you want to be. I admire that and am pulling for you.

Thanks, man.

Sure-Oz 08-12-2010 06:57 PM

Does anyone know when you download an app off the web, and your settings are set to not install auto on 'unknown apps' where does the download go? how can i delete it, since its not installed?

I cleared my browser cache thats about all i could find on my incredible

Sure-Oz 12-08-2010 10:46 PM

Anyone have had an issue where the incredible randomly restarts? I've noticed its done this twice now so far...no update done that im aware of. It restarted when i was on the phone for about 20 min earlier and cutoff the call. Weird...