ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 25 Release tonight (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275622)

lcarus 08-29-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9923923)
Seriously, everything takes so damn long in this game

It was worse last year by a lot. Had to get taken through that series of tubes like 4 times before you could start the game.

Thig Lyfe 08-29-2013 07:03 PM

Okay, so I finally played a full game, and it was pretty fun. Won a thriller in the final moments. But so much about this game is irritating as hell.

The commentary is awful. There's barely any of it, and the shit they do say is vague, pointless, and boring.

The presentation is stuttery and awkward. The camera lingers on nothing before slowly cutting to another equally useless angle.

There's apparently ZERO logic involved in picking the "play of the game." My play of the game was the Jaguars scoring a TD in the second quarter. Of a game I won. By scoring a touchdown with 4 seconds left on the clock. Stupid. As. ****.

UGH

Buck 08-29-2013 07:51 PM

Man the Chargers are garbage in this game.

73 Rating. I don't think they've been this low since maybe Madden 2002?

Thig Lyfe 08-29-2013 08:22 PM

Alright, they made the play of the game the winning Jamaal Charles TD run this time. Thrilling couple of games. I really had to fight to win them.

I've thrown three pick-sixes in two games, the blame for which I place SQUARELY on Alex Smith.

TambaBerry 08-29-2013 08:46 PM

THIS ****ING GAME IS THE WORST ****ING GAME EVER. MOTHER ****ER ITS SO GOD DAMN OBNOXIOUS. Try to do an onside kick or a squib kick guaranteed they catch the ****ing ball on the run. Madden and EA sports you guys ****ing blow dicks at making a game.

Thig Lyfe 08-29-2013 09:40 PM

Okay. Got ****ed by the Eagles, 35-28. Could not stop LeSean McCoy worth shit. Vick kept throwing bombs for TDs. And Alex Smith threw another ****ton of interceptions. 10 interceptions in the first three games. (ALL HIS FAULT, BY THE WAY)

(Seriously though, every single bad pass gets picked off. I know bad passes get intercepted, but it's kind of ridiculous. Like, if the receiver's not completely and utterly all alone, it usually gets picked off by a DB or LB that should apparently be playing WR. Sick of it, brahs.)

KCrockaholic 08-29-2013 10:54 PM

lol If you just throw shorter routes you'll be fine with the interceptions thing. I've thrown 1 in 4 games now.

Mav 08-29-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9925521)
lol If you just throw shorter routes you'll be fine with the interceptions thing. I've thrown 1 in 4 games now.

Did you try the sliders?

Sorter 08-30-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 9923336)
yeah, we mentioned that a couple pages ago. I'm trying to find a way to slow it down using real football techniques like scrape-exchange, so I don't have to bring a safety down in the box to 'clean up' every play, leaving ****ing crabtree and boldin 1v1 to murder my corners. I know its a numbers game, and the offense will ALWAYS have the advantage with the zone read unless you play helmet on helmet but damn the defense is dumb this year.

As far as the passing game is concerned, have you tried using combo Man+FZ plays (overloads would probably work best)?

You'll have to manually change the corners and probably a safety (unless playing 1 high isn't your thing). Just something to play around with that's another "real football concept".

CrazyPhuD 08-30-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9924552)
Man the Chargers are garbage in this game.

73 Rating. I don't think they've been this low since maybe Madden 2002?

Now you understand the cost of firing Norv Turner

chiefs1111 08-30-2013 01:10 AM

So how is the owner mode? Any good?

Mother****erJones 08-30-2013 06:55 AM

I know it's minor but why are there no player tattoos?

AussieChiefsFan 08-30-2013 07:32 AM

After playing a few games in owner mode; The graphics are pretty much identical to Madden 13, which was to be expected. The gameplay is a little better, although not too much smoother. There's more stuff like tackle animations which is never a bad thing. I'm looking forward to seeing what next gen looks like though.

Mother****erJones 08-30-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9925947)
After playing a few games in owner mode; The graphics are pretty much identical to Madden 13, which was to be expected. The gameplay is a little better, although not too much smoother. There's more stuff like tackle animations which is never a bad thing. I'm looking forward to seeing what next gen looks like though.

Yes. I hope it's much better.

Gravedigger 08-30-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9925951)
Yes. I hope it's much better.

It won't be. With so many launch titles coming out for both generations it'll just be a game that looks slightly better on a better rig.