ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Pro Football Weekly has the Chiefs finishing 3rd... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141852)

greg63 06-05-2006 10:17 PM

Pro Football Weekly has the Chiefs finishing 3rd...

in the AFC behind the Donks and the Chargers with a season record of 10-6, again.

How do you, my fellow Planeteers, speculate on our finishing order?

Mecca 06-05-2006 10:18 PM

2nd is the safe prediction seeing as this will be Rivers first year starting for the Chargers.....

Picking the Chiefs to finish 10-6 and miss the playoffs 2 years in a row is flat out cold when only 2 teams have ever done that in this playoff format.

BWillie 06-05-2006 10:20 PM

Why do people think the Chargers are always so good? I mean, they go from being a horrible team for a decade. They have one decent year, then go 9-7 and people think they are god. They'll have a freakin' rookie(basically) QB, and I don't care waht anybody says Ladanian is not consistent, he'll pull out 7 yard games on u sometimes.

People last year said San Deigo was the best team to miss the playoffs. Excuse me?? Weren't we 10-6..San Diego can't even protect home turf. They went like 4-4 last year at home. What a bunch of hacks

wazu 06-05-2006 10:20 PM

Sounds realistic. There's no "non-homer" reason to expect better at this point. (Not that I won't be hoping.)

tk13 06-05-2006 10:21 PM

I'd bet against that. There's no way we win 10 games and finish 3rd. Especially considering it was rare enough that we won 10 and missed the playoffs last year. There'd be no parity at all for that to happen.

greg63 06-05-2006 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
2nd is the safe prediction seeing as this will be Rivers first year starting for the Chargers.....

Picking the Chiefs to finish 10-6 and miss the playoffs 2 years in a row is flat out cold when only 2 teams have ever done that in this playoff format.

Here is the finishing records, as they see it.

Donks: 11-5

Chargers: 10-6

Chiefs: 10-6

Faders: 6-10

wazu 06-05-2006 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
I'd bet against that. There's no way we win 10 games and finish 3rd. Especially considering it was rare enough that we won 10 and missed the playoffs last year. There'd be no parity at all for that to happen.

I'd bet against that exact scenario as well. However, it really doesn't matter if we finish second or third. I think 10-6 is a healthily optimistic prediction, and puts us on the playoff "bubble".

Mecca 06-05-2006 10:28 PM

If that happens 3 teams would have missed the playoffs at 10-6 and the Chiefs would account for 2 of them.

The Chargers are going to get more hype than they ever should because they got Tomlinson and Gates.....not to mention ESPN spent months telling everyone that Shawne Merriman is god.

Mecca 06-05-2006 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam
I'd bet against that exact scenario as well. However, it really doesn't matter if we finish second or third. I think 10-6 is a healthily optimistic prediction, and puts us on the playoff "bubble".

10-6 isn't the playoff bubble.......you'll make it 99 out of 100 times. Last year was the exception not the rule.

BWillie 06-05-2006 10:31 PM

Chiefs 16-0
Chargers 2-14
Raiders 2-14
Broncos 2-14

It's mathematically possible.

the Talking Can 06-05-2006 10:32 PM

the Chargers are not winning 10 games with Rivers as QB....I would bet all my future earnings on that...dumping Brees for a bench warming noob when the rest of your squad is playoff ready is just crazy...Rivers ain't Rothleswhatever and the Charger's D isn't good enough to carry him...

Rausch 06-05-2006 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam
Sounds realistic. There's no "non-homer" reason to expect better at this point. (Not that I won't be hoping.)

I'd predict 10-6 to 11-5, our NFC schedule is a joke this year...

stevieray 06-05-2006 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
the Chargers are not winning 10 games with Rivers as QB....I would bet all my future earnings on that...dumping Brees for a bench warming noob when the rest of your squad is playoff ready is just crazy...Rivers ain't Rothleswhatever and the Charger's D isn't good enough to carry him...

what is it with Marty and QB's?

BWillie 06-05-2006 10:38 PM

Quote:

what is it with Marty and QB's?
He's like Shannahan and RB's, they just have an ego and want to prove they can win without good players at that position to show off their "system".

htismaqe 06-05-2006 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can

:bravo: