ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Do you approve how Clark is handling (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268340)

morphius 01-01-2013 11:01 PM

I'm in the wait and see category. I like what he said, but in the end as long as Pioli is still coming to the office I have my doubts on what is really going on. Finally having one of the teams in the Truman complex with an active, involved, caring owner would be a breath of fresh air. Outside of SKC, we haven't had that since Kaufman died.

morphius 01-01-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9266658)
It meant that my parents bought an endless supply of Chiefs pajamas. I was four at the time and they STILL buy me Chiefs merchandise for birthdays and Christmas, albeit at a highly discounted rate as of late.

:D

LOL, fair enough.

morphius 01-01-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 9266661)
What is this "super" "bowl" you speak of?

Should I break out some orange kush or bean soup?

It is generally known as the last Patriots game of the season.

cdcox 01-01-2013 11:13 PM

Glad he is putting his hand to the rudder. I definitely approve of that.

Too soon to say on the coach/GM situation. None of the Sunday rumors correctly forecasted Monday's events. I'll wait to see how things unfold without getting all caught up in the rumor of the moment. A lot of it is disinformation and we have no way of sorting the wheat from the chaff.

Otter 01-01-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9266687)
It is generally known as the last Patriots game of the season.

I've caught wind of these "super" "bowls". Get on your mount! we're off to Mordor! The Golum awaits us!

ILChief 01-01-2013 11:17 PM

Pioli still is employed, so No

milkman 01-01-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9266644)
Wow, 20 years.

Get in line behind us old timers that have been fans since the late 60's.

You're a ****ing n00b.

:D

pr_capone 01-01-2013 11:28 PM

No. I am extremely disappointed that Scott has been retained in any fashion. He had all season long to get this done. All this is doing is stringing us along for another month or two. I don't like that Pioli's fate is decided by the next head coach.

While I would rather Pioli be gone completely... I understand that there is a small matter of 7 million dollars to consider. It is easy enough for you or I to tell Clark to just pay the guy to go away but... it is 7 million dollars. Perhaps Clark feels that if he is going to have to pay the guy 7m that he should get some value out of him. He makes no roster decisions at all and just manages the business side of the club for a year until his contract expires. Hunt hires a HC that handles all football ops who then has a say in who replaces Pioli next season.

I say that no... I do not approve of how Clark is handling this thing but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a while longer. I will support any coach Hunt selects. I may not be thrilled with the choice... I may even question it. But I'll give it the requited 4 seasons before I start grumbling.

DaneMcCloud 01-01-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9266761)
I understand that there is a small matter of 7 million dollars to consider. It is easy enough for you or I to tell Clark to just pay the guy to go away but... it is 7 million dollars.

Given the fact that most members of Chiefsplanet are unlikely to throw away $7 dollars, let alone $70 dollars or $700 dollars or $7,000 dollars or $70,000 dollars or $700,000 dollars, I think that after 72 hours, Chiefs fans should give Clark a chance to make this right.

But that's just me.

NJChiefsFan 01-02-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9266782)
Given the fact that most members of Chiefsplanet are unlikely to throw away $7 dollars, let alone $70 dollars or $700 dollars or $7,000 dollars or $70,000 dollars or $700,000 dollars, I think that after 72 hours, Chiefs fans should give Clark a chance to make this right.

But that's just me.

I'm fine with it as long as it works out. I am trusting that whoever Clark is interested in at HC is going to be explained in full detail what Clark is doing with Pioli right now and that he won't be an issue next season.

DaneMcCloud 01-02-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9266846)
I'm fine with it as long as it works out. I am trusting that whoever Clark is interested in at HC is going to be explained in full detail what Clark is doing with Pioli right now and that he won't be an issue next season.

JFC.

This team has sucked for ****ing 40 years, yet now, people are impatient after 40 hours?

Beyond dumb.

NJChiefsFan 01-02-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9266851)
JFC.

This team has sucked for ****ing 40 years, yet now, people are impatient after 40 hours?

Beyond dumb.

Has nothing to do with impatience. As long as him working this out doesn't cost him his coach, I am willing to wait it out.

pr_capone 01-02-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9266851)
JFC.

Beyond dumb.

People have been patiently waiting to see something done for quite some time. Monday was supposed to be the day we were going to get our answers one way or another. Instead we are back in limbo for another month or two. Totally reasonable for people to get frustrated with that.

The next month or two should prove to be interesting at the very least.

DaneMcCloud 01-02-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9266854)
Has nothing to do with impatience. As long as him working this out doesn't cost him his coach, I am willing to wait it out.

Por Que?

NJChiefsFan 01-02-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9266901)
Por Que?

Some people are worried that the coach Clark is interested in won't want to work here since Pioli is still employed. The original post of mine you quoted I was saying that Clark is going to make it clear to those candidates that the Pioli issue will be resolved.