ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Do you approve how Clark is handling (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268340)

Shogun 01-01-2013 07:05 PM

Do you approve how Clark is handling

this whole mess?

jd1020 01-01-2013 07:06 PM

Nope.

kcchiefsus 01-01-2013 07:06 PM

Hell no

Molitoth 01-01-2013 07:06 PM

So far, but its too early.

Ceej 01-01-2013 07:07 PM

Our time!

#****bitchesgetmoney

Bowser 01-01-2013 07:07 PM

He gets a B from me so far. If he would have just shitcanned Pioli and every Pioli stooge out there to go with Romeo, it would be an A+ with a bullet.

If he renegs on Pioli and he stays, not only does he get an F-, but he may well lose a longtime fan in me.

jd1020 01-01-2013 07:09 PM

The only thing I buy from Clarks PR shit yesterday was that he was going to make the final decision on the coach.

Nothing else.

I don't buy that Pioli is still under review... wtf more review do you need?

I don't buy that Pioli has no more control or say in the team decisions... why is he still here? He's getting paid one way or another.

Shogun 01-01-2013 07:10 PM

I just loved the way Pioli's ego was surely hurt yesterday when all of his friends found out he allegedly lost his nuts. His feelings must have been HURT yesterday. Like locked himself in the closet wrapped in a blanket, crying hurt.

BigMeatballDave 01-01-2013 07:10 PM

Yes, as long as he's being truthful.

DaFace 01-01-2013 07:11 PM

I voted "no" because I think canning Pioli outright would have sent the proper message rather than being all indecisive about it. That said, as long as Pioli goes eventually, I'm OK with it.

Shogun 01-01-2013 07:13 PM

I imagined Pioli like this all day

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/281akc8.gif

Sassy Squatch 01-01-2013 07:15 PM

No. Until its lined up that we have a credible coach, retread or not, coming for an interview, he gets an F. Words don't mean shit unless you back them up.

Bowser 01-01-2013 07:16 PM

I voted yes, but that voted is based on the belief that Clark will stick to his guns through this process of hiring a coach and flushing out his front office personnel.

okcchief 01-01-2013 07:16 PM

I liked his interview, but don't like his actions. Ill let the process play out, but IMO other teams are on top of the candidates they want, and we are ****ing around with people who shouldn't be considered. I don't like 1 coach they say we are talking to yet, and none of them fit the description he gave yesterday. Besides complying to the Rooney rule we are wasting precious time. He has this detailed search in mind and you have to beat other teams to the punch.

No, I don't like how it's being handled.

BigMeatballDave 01-01-2013 07:16 PM

As others have said, I think he may be trying to force Pioli to quit. Or trying to work out a buy out. No sense in paying him $15m or whatever if you don't have to. Clark did say he hoped to have the GM resolved by February.

Bowser 01-01-2013 07:17 PM

And not to nitpick, but this thread would have been more appropriate next week. We should know a ton more by then.

BigMeatballDave 01-01-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9265871)
And not to nitpick, but this thread would have been more appropriate next week. We should know a ton more by then.

Yep.

I hate the fact that Pioli is still here, but I'm going to wait and see what Clark does.

SAUTO 01-01-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9265833)
He gets a B from me so far. If he would have just shitcanned Pioli and every Pioli stooge out there to go with Romeo, it would be an A+ with a bullet.

If he renegs on Pioli and he stays, not only does he get an F-, but he may well lose a longtime fan in me.

this
Posted via Mobile Device

Shogun 01-01-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9265871)

i was just going to do one now and kind of get a feel for the way everybody is feeling overall and then do one in a week or 2. but i know what you mean

notorious 01-01-2013 07:21 PM

Should have fired that asshole right as soon as the "QB Competition" was announced in the preseason.

Bump 01-01-2013 07:23 PM

not really sure yet, Pioli is still ****ing here

ARROW2 01-01-2013 07:25 PM

Until that muthafukka is fired, it's all bullshit...

DJ's left nut 01-01-2013 07:25 PM

Nope.

There is nothing acceptable about retaining Scott Pioli or giving his buddies minions the first two interviews.

Clark is doing exactly what he did with Herm and he could end up costing himself a good personnel man in the process. The pool is going to shrink soon and this hemming and hawing with Scott Pioli can do nothing but hurt the franchise.

So while he could've handled this worse than he has, I still don't approve of what he has done.

007 01-01-2013 07:26 PM

I am kind of in between but since he hasn't fired Pioli I have to say no at this time.

Nightfyre 01-01-2013 07:29 PM

Not enough information to address this question at this point in time.

tk13 01-01-2013 07:32 PM

Incomplete. All the way. I don't know how you can say anything else.

But I will say I don't think Clark is nearly as stupid as people think on here. The Pioli thing seems strange but we just don't know. He may be holding him in purgatory because he knows someone else is interested in hiring him.

Bugeater 01-01-2013 07:34 PM

I AM FREAKING OUT

Chiefshrink 01-01-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 9265841)
I just loved the way Pioli's ego was surely hurt yesterday when all of his friends found out he allegedly lost his nuts. His feelings must have been HURT yesterday. Like locked himself in the closet wrapped in a blanket, crying hurt.

Either that OR he is laughing his ass off at the fan base as he keeps his job and is still calling the shots as Clark/Pioli play us for fools that Clark is really calling the HC shot giving 'false red meat'.

BigMeatballDave 01-01-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9265931)
He may be holding him in purgatory because he knows someone else is interested in hiring him.

Then he should let them hire him.

tk13 01-01-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9265940)
Then he should let them hire him.

If he fires Pioli, he has to pay him. If Pioli quits to take another job, he most likely won't.

BigMeatballDave 01-01-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9265942)
If he fires Pioli, he has to pay him. If Pioli quits to take another job, he most likely won't.

Exactly. That is why I said that. Why hold him in 'purgatory'?

Nightfyre 01-01-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9265952)

So he has to choose between continuing his career and receiving a reduced buyout or discontinuing his career and receiving whatever severance is in the contract.

Crush 01-01-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9265933)
I AM FREAKING OUT

Mind if I freak out with you?

cabinet247 01-01-2013 07:42 PM

oh hell know........his choice of letting pioli linger will come back to haunt us

dirk digler 01-01-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9265931)
Incomplete. All the way. I don't know how you can say anything else.

But I will say I don't think Clark is nearly as stupid as people think on here. The Pioli thing seems strange but we just don't know. He may be holding him in purgatory because he knows someone else is interested in hiring him.

yep.

wazu 01-01-2013 07:44 PM

I like the restructuring operations part. Nothing else. Don't hear anything about him interviewing good coaching candidates, just shitty to mediocre ones.

tk13 01-01-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9265952)

Because, Pioli might not want to wait until all the other jobs are filled.

ChiefMojo 01-01-2013 07:45 PM

Not enough info yet out for me to say one way or another. I want to know more about why Pioli is still here and there could be darn good reasons. If it is purely because he isn't losing his jobs then a big NO but if it is just posturing to make him quit or working on a settlement, then I'm OK.

To earlier yet for me to panic about the coaching search department. I applaud Clark for being the one doing the search.

jd1020 01-01-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9265969)
Because, Pioli might not want to wait until all the other jobs are filled.

Here's my problem with this theory...

All we know about Pioli is that he's the highest paid GM in the NFL. Do you think another team is going to match his current salary? Nope. So what is Pioli's incentive?

tk13 01-01-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9265975)

All we know about Pioli is that he's the highest paid GM in the NFL. Do you think another team is going to match his current salary? Nope. So what is Pioli's incentive?

He might not have one. You could 100% be right. We just don't know. I'd agree, he's such a hardheaded person I'm not sure Clark could break him. But maybe he's such a workaholic and egomaniac he doesn't want to sit out a year. Especially considering the train wreck he's leaving behind.

Predarat 01-01-2013 07:52 PM

no, gm polly is still here.

ArrowheadMagic 01-01-2013 07:52 PM

Incomplete

BigMeatballDave 01-01-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9265975)

To go somewhere that may offer him complete control like he had.

jd1020 01-01-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9265986)
To go somewhere that may offer him complete control like he had.

That's not going to happen.

SAUTO 01-01-2013 07:54 PM

I will also ask how many reports came out when we were interviewing Pioli? I'm not remembering many, buy I've slept since them
Posted via Mobile Device

RunKC 01-01-2013 07:56 PM

Clark is handling this as poor as he possibly could right now.

Keeping Pioli in ANY fashion is a mistake. Just pay the guy and take your lumps and move the **** on. Yeah the HC will have more say than Pioli, but he's still here. He's still scouting for the draft and his input would be there. This wreaks of Clark giving Pioli another chance in smaller role.

If the HC is making all the shots, then it is a bad idea. It rarely works in the league. Clark should be looking for a GM first and then a HC.

And ****ing hell man Dirk Koetter, Kirk Ferentz, Doug Maronne are the rumored candidates? Holy shit those are shitty choices to run an NFL team.

Buehler445 01-01-2013 07:56 PM

No. There is no reason to not shitcan that mother****ing pile of ****ing rat **** Pioli.

BigMeatballDave 01-01-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9265987)

Highly unlikely, I know.

lcarus 01-01-2013 07:57 PM

I assume Clark is going to fire Pioli and is pissed and embarrassed at the 2012 season. Plus I do believe he is in contact with Marty or someone else who will help him make the next HC hire.

ArrowheadMagic 01-01-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9265987)

He's getting paid regardless. As long as he isnt making any decisions. Am sure there are stairwells to be cleaned. Proper sandwiches to be made. Serious stuff.

Cannibal 01-01-2013 07:58 PM

So far. But only because I believe Clark is actually working to get rid of pioli and that pioli will be gone around the beginning of Feb.

Hammock Parties 01-01-2013 07:59 PM

Clark has to do things his way.

BigMeatballDave 01-01-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9265992)
Clark is handling this as poor as he possibly could right now.

Keeping Pioli in ANY fashion is a mistake. Just pay the guy and take your lumps and move the **** on. Yeah the HC will have more say than Pioli, but he's still here. He's still scouting for the draft and his input would be there. This wreaks of Clark giving Pioli another chance in smaller role.

If the HC is making all the shots, then it is a bad idea. It rarely works in the league. Clark should be looking for a GM first and then a HC.

And ****ing hell man Dirk Koetter, Kirk Ferentz, Doug Maronne are the rumored candidates? Holy shit those are shitty choices to run an NFL team.

So, Clark hiring the HC is just as bad as Pioli hiring him?

Panties in a twist?

How about giving this a few days?

notorious 01-01-2013 08:09 PM

It's business. The idea that Pioli is being held by Clark to "Get revenge" is about as reeruned as it gets.

BigMeatballDave 01-01-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9266028)
It's business. The idea that Pioli is being held by Clark to "Get revenge" is about as reeruned as it gets.

Revenge? Who said that?

tk13 01-01-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9266028)

Revenge? Not hardly. I'm not saying I believe this.. but it's certainly not about revenge. It's about saving $7 million dollars, or whatever it is.

notorious 01-01-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9266036)
Revenge? Who said that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9266046)
Revenge? Not hardly. I'm not saying I believe this.. but it's certainly not about revenge. It's about saving $7 million dollars on a guy that wrecked your franchise.

You guys are fine.

I have been hearing that garbage from some local idiots.

Raiderhater 01-01-2013 08:17 PM

I am all good with it to this point. I am, until he proves other wise, giving Clark the benefit of the doubt on Pioli and chalking it up to financial or legal issues holding up the process. Scott is as good as gone. Nor am I concerned about the coaching candidates. I think Clark knows exactly who he wants and either cannot not talk to them at this time or is talking to him and these other guys are smoke screens.

Of course, I have been wrong before...

ArrowheadMagic 01-01-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9266046)
Revenge? Not hardly. I'm not saying I believe this.. but it's certainly not about revenge. It's about saving $7 million dollars, or whatever it is.

Clark knows he can make it back with the right hire. ROI. He obviously doesnt mind paying the top guy, see Pioli hire, and he apparently cares much more than people assumed. But, it remains to be seen if he meant what he said.

Bwana 01-01-2013 08:37 PM

Scooter is still hanging around like bad breath, so no.

MahiMike 01-01-2013 08:43 PM

I don't care if it costs Clark $100 million to get rid of Scott. Just do it.

LiveSteam 01-01-2013 08:44 PM

I haven't approved of anything the Hunts have done in a decade or more. I hate the name Clark Hunt like I hate the name Jerry Jones

randy1986 01-01-2013 08:49 PM

Nope. Scott Pisoli should be gone. I've already vowed that I will not renew season tickets, and I will not set foot inside Arrowhead until that ****tard is gone.

DaneMcCloud 01-01-2013 09:12 PM

JFC.

A football forum filled with people that have absolutely no idea about football operations.

:facepalm:

Clark has made the correct decisions this week. He fired Crennel. Pioli is powerless and hanging in limbo. He's neutered him. Pioli can't leave and he can't stay. Pioli has ruined his franchise, angered his fan base and yet Clark is on the hook for a reported $7.5 million dollars. Clark is not taking Pioli's actions lightly and the entire league is watching.

Clark stated that HE will interview and hire the head football coach, who will report DIRECTLY to him. That's huge news and falls directly in line with his stated goal in 2009 of emulating franchises like the Giants and Steelers. The GM in Pittsburgh doesn't hire head coaches, he provides the personnel, PERIOD. Cowher had at least two different GM's during his tenure (possibly three, my memory is fading). The Rooney family hires the coach.

I expect Clark to interview a shit ton of candidates because this will be his first time hiring a head coach. I imagine that unlike 2009, when I railed on his ass for not performing his proper Due Diligence in regards to Pioli, Haley and staff (Give me a ****ing break - Clancy Pendergast was the "Best" defensive coordinator in the country available? Bull ****ing Shit), he'll be methodical and precise.

Will Clark hire the best guy? Who knows? But I like the fact that he's taken the bull by the horns and wants to get this "right". No more bullshit, no more turning over the franchise to a "Guru", etc.

If Clark makes a mistake with his head coaching and personnel hires, I'll call him on it. But I'm inclined to give the man a chance to correct his earlier mistakes. So far, I like what I'm hearing.

chiefzilla1501 01-01-2013 09:13 PM

Yes. I approve so far. But the job isn't done. He has plenty of chances to fail. He laid out a specific blueprint for structural change. He put it all out on the line. I'm not going to say that worked or didn't work based on 2 days after the end of the season when NO coach or gm has yet been hired. He at least deserves time to let this thing play out.

Hammock Parties 01-01-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9266247)
Clark has made the correct decisions this week.

http://i.imgur.com/7O2xh.jpg

BigMeatballDave 01-01-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9266151)
I don't care if it costs Clark $100 million to get rid of Scott. Just do it.

LMAO

Sure, it's not your money.

BigMeatballDave 01-01-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9266260)

ROFL

Raiderhater 01-01-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9266247)
JFC.

A football forum filled with people that have absolutely no idea about football operations.

:facepalm:

Clark has made the correct decisions this week. He fired Crennel. Pioli is powerless and hanging in limbo. He's neutered him. Pioli can't leave and he can't stay. Pioli has ruined his franchise, angered his fan base and yet Clark is on the hook for a reported $7.5 million dollars. Clark is not taking Pioli's actions lightly and the entire league is watching.

Clark stated that HE will interview and hire the head football coach, who will report DIRECTLY to him. That's huge news and falls directly in line with his stated goal in 2009 of emulating franchises like the Giants and Steelers. The GM in Pittsburgh doesn't hire head coaches, he provides the personnel, PERIOD. Cowher had at least two different GM's during his tenure (possibly three, my memory is fading). The Rooney family hires the coach.

I expect Clark to interview a shit ton of candidates because this will be his first time hiring a head coach. I imagine that unlike 2009, when I railed on his ass for not performing his proper Due Diligence in regards to Pioli, Haley and staff (Give me a ****ing break - Clancy Pendergast was the "Best" defensive coordinator in the country available? Bull ****ing Shit), he'll be methodical and precise.

Will Clark hire the best guy? Who knows? But I like the fact that he's taken the bull by the horns and wants to get this "right". No more bullshit, no more turning over the franchise to a "Guru", etc.

If Clark makes a mistake with his head coaching and personnel hires, I'll call him on it. But I'm inclined to give the man a chance to correct his earlier mistakes. So far, I like what I'm hearing.

Couldn't agree more.

DaneMcCloud 01-01-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9266260)

He hasn't?

Hammock Parties 01-01-2013 09:21 PM

The dog is expressing my shock of your Clark Hunt approval.

randy1986 01-01-2013 09:22 PM

Someone just told that dog that Pisoli hasn't been shitcanned yet. ROFL

DaneMcCloud 01-01-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9266292)
The dog is expressing my shock of your Clark Hunt approval.

As you know, I've been extremely critical of Clark in the past. He's said one thing ("I want to emulate Pittsburgh") but did another (hire Pioli to run his franchise).

I, like anyone and everyone else, have absolutely no idea if he's equipped to run the franchise and make the right decisions (Mike Brown, anyone?). But I like the fact that he's going for it, which shows me that he's taking it personally.

IMO, now is not the time to criticize him. Let him do his thing. I'm just glad that he's finally taking control, which is pretty much the first time a Hunt has been personally involved since the early 60's.

DaneMcCloud 01-01-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randy1986 (Post 9266299)
Someone just told that dog that Pisoli hasn't been shitcanned yet. ROFL

Pioli may currently be collecting a paycheck but anyone with any brain cells realizes he's been castrated.

Hammock Parties 01-01-2013 09:30 PM

I agree completely Dane.

Exoter175 01-01-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9266346)
Pioli may currently be collecting a paycheck but anyone with any brain cells realizes he's been castrated.

Precisely, he's being publicly shamed and Hunt is totally mutilating his corpse so that nobody will come within a mile of Pioli, and yet people don't agree wih how he's handling things?

Are people this stupid? Do they not get the whole scheme that Clark is pulling here? This is righteous justice and the "people" are too stupid to realize it.

randy1986 01-01-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9266346)

Not enough!! I want the bastard gone.

stonedstooge 01-01-2013 09:43 PM

I'm tired of giving the Cheaps the benefit of the doubt, but will one more time.

TimeForWasp 01-01-2013 09:44 PM

Yes. It's obvious he has heard our cry,

FloridaMan88 01-01-2013 09:58 PM

F for not shit canning Fat Scott immediately.