ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Luke Joeckel may pique Chiefs’ interest at No. 1 overall (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268644)

the Talking Can 01-09-2013 08:24 AM

i may have to lock myself away until draft...for my own health

the Talking Can 01-09-2013 08:26 AM

i've been reading this thread:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...=22519&page=18

and i'm losing my ****ing mind

BigMeatballDave 01-09-2013 08:26 AM

Geno Smith has GOT to wow everyone in the coming months.

It must happen. I want the Chiefs to believe that he is the consensus #1 pick.

htismaqe 01-09-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9299211)
whatever helps you sleep at night

It doesn't help me sleep at night.

Wilson is a legit top 10 prospect. And Barkley is just behind that. If we could come out of the draft with one of them, I don't care who else we pick.

But that's why I said "if by some miracle" because I think our ONLY chance of getting one of those 2 guys is to TAKE THEM AT 1-1.

BigMeatballDave 01-09-2013 08:34 AM

Honestly, I'd be surprised if Reid and Co. took a LT #1.

Reid KNOWS he needs a QB and it is not on the roster.

notorious 01-09-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9299232)

and i'm losing my ****ing mind

It's not a bad place to me, IMO.

Welcome to the club.

Coogs 01-09-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9299152)
Listening to Fescoe on my way in and it's a foregone conclusion to them that KC won't/shouldn't draft a QB until the 2-3 rounds and Oline is the way to go at 1. Fescoe even passively homered Cassel talking about him getting a long look from Reid to compete with the 2 round QB we draft.

Thankfully, I have a bunch of albums from 2012 that need more playing time to keep me busy until April.

If they even trot Cassel out there to compete for the QB spot, the honeymoon will be over for Reid and the rest of the new regime before they even hit the sheets.

Not a wise idea.

HemiEd 01-09-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9298207)
I cannot fathom the thought of letting a quality LT go in order to turn around a burn the 1st overall pick on his replacement.

That would be the move of a losing franchise.

You mean similar to letting Brandon Carr go, then signing Stanford Routt, and then cutting him?

KCUnited 01-09-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9299266)
If they even trot Cassel out there to compete for the QB spot, the honeymoon will be over for Reid and the rest of the new regime before they even hit the sheets.

Not a wise idea.

I'm confident Reid isn't that stupid, it's just listening to fans/media trying to justify it in their minds that is driving me insane. I need some baseball talk to flair up if I'm going to be able to listen to KC radio.

Rausch 01-09-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9299266)

Not a wise idea.

Just like everyone $3it their pants because Pioli wasn't gone day 1 we have this.

He's done.

RunKC 01-09-2013 08:50 AM

We might as well get used to hearing "Luke Joekel" and "KC shouldn't even think about QB at 1" because it's pretty much guaranteed that the moron analysts are throwing that shit out there.

ESPN should tell Kiper to take this draft off already. He lost any ounce of respect he had when he was pumping Te'o to us. Seriously, a ****ing draft "expert" should NEVER think that a ****ing ILB will go at #1. NEVER.

Strongside 01-09-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9299281)
We might as well get used to hearing "Luke Joekel" and "KC shouldn't even think about QB at 1" because it's pretty much guaranteed that the moron analysts are throwing that shit out there.

ESPN should tell Kiper to take this draft off already. He lost any ounce of respect he had when he was pumping Te'o to us. Seriously, a ****ing draft "expert" should NEVER think that a ****ing ILB will go at #1. NEVER.

Just stop listening to/reading anything this idiot has to say. He's being paid to pimp these players.

splatbass 01-09-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9299137)
i'm done if they draft a LT

It would almost be worth it to get rid of some of you drama queens.

How many times recently have you said "I'll be done"? How many times have you actually been done?

RINGLEADER 01-09-2013 09:26 AM

Luke will be taken number 1.

But not by the Chiefs.

Coogs 01-09-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9299279)
Just like everyone $3it their pants because ***** wasn't gone day 1 we have this.

He's done.

Trust me, I agree. There were three people that had to go this offseason to make everything right between Clark/Chiefs and the fans. Two have left the building. One to go. Just not sure what the right time frame money wise is for Gus to head down I-70, but as soon as that day arrives he needs to go.