ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *KC Royals vs White Sux- July 26, 2013* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274830)

O.city 07-26-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9837357)
Well he's more like a 4 war this year and obv that's all I care about since he is gone regardless. Given his age and prior success in MLB I'd suspect 2.5 war would be near the low end and someone is going to pony up big cash for him, maybe Mets or Baltimore, someone like that.

I'd rather have him + sandwich pick than a 2B with mediocre projectability

The Mets starting pitching is shaping up to be pretty stellar, I don't think they make that move.

Baltimore maybe.

O.city 07-26-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9837357)
Well he's more like a 4 war this year and obv that's all I care about since he is gone regardless. Given his age and prior success in MLB I'd suspect 2.5 war would be near the low end and someone is going to pony up big cash for him, maybe Mets or Baltimore, someone like that.

I'd rather have him + sandwich pick than a 2B with mediocre projectability

Also, thats fine.

But based on the Garza trade, as well as most deadline deals, it would take a whole lot more than Wong to turn the deal.

O.city 07-26-2013 10:04 PM

I'm curious though, why do you guys not want to sign Santana back?

ChiefsCountry 07-26-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9837373)

Draft pick and he is up and down. Not worth the contract for a smaller payroll club.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz 07-26-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

we would if he didn't want a ton.

not sure the Royals can go above 90 million on the payroll and they are at 80 now

Prison Bitch 07-26-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

We don't have any money for one. Two even if we did its hard for teams to park 12m+ in one starter, we'd have 2 next year if we did that and no market our size does that.

That's something Detroit or Texas does.

DeezNutz 07-26-2013 10:11 PM

Royals have had two studs this year in Shields and Santana. In a similar discussion earlier this year, duncan made a great point about focusing an extension on the pitcher who works primarily fastball and change-up, as opposed to the guy who works fastball and slider.

SPchief 07-27-2013 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9837243)
I only start game threads when I can watch the game and tomorrow I don't think I can watch.

I'll take it, but will gladly give it to Deez if he wants it. Or if ALnorth is reading, he's DUE for a thread.

Mother****erJones 07-27-2013 07:43 AM

Chris Sale has a 1.02 WHIP for the season and is 6-9 for the White Sox w/ the worst run support in MLB.

God this team sucks

Nightfyre 07-27-2013 02:38 PM

So, why is wong treated like he is gods gift to second base prospects on this sight? Simply because hamas, who clearly illustrated he knows next to nothing about baseball, said so? Wong wouldd probably be the fifth best prospect in the royals system right now. The dude is super overrated on this site. Also, a half year of santana is underrated. He would be an instant number two starter for a playoff contender and drastically improves a teams playoff viability. Not that us royals fans would understand that playoff performance is what really counts.