ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The "IF no QB with the 1st pick" poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269836)

TribalElder 02-09-2013 02:20 AM

LOL

http://static.jackinthebox.com/promo...k-rock-god.gif

Imon Yourside 02-09-2013 02:21 AM

Dayne Crist, yup.

KCrockaholic 02-09-2013 02:22 AM

This is why I hate our stupid fanbase.

007 02-09-2013 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9388810)
Honestly, I truly hope that we don't draft a QB this year. There isn't a good one out there. The fact that Alex Smith is by far the best option at the position is just sad. Brandon Albert simply isn't a bookend LT like Reid's system requires. He'd be fine as a guard, but he's already publicly stated that he doesn't want to move back to guard. In my opinion, Albert is out. And that makes Joeckel the most logical choice. Geno Smith is a project at best. And frankly, you don't take projects with the number 1 pick. The Raiders made that mistake with JaMarcus Russell.

It doesn't matter who the QB is, if you don't have a good offensive line, you cannot win. Plain and simple. Just ask the Bears. And the Cardinals. And the Chargers. And the Eagles. The Super Bowl this season was evidence of that as well. Both teams had fantastic offensive lines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9388815)
This is why I hate our stupid fanbase.

yep :facepalm:

KCrockaholic 02-09-2013 02:30 AM

Probably another 2AM troll attempt anyways. At least I hope so.

chiefsfan_91 02-09-2013 02:32 AM

Explain to me how I'm wrong?

Imon Yourside 02-09-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9388822)
Explain to me how I'm wrong?

It's easier to explain how you're wrong, so let me get that out of the way. :YOU ARE TROLL WRONG DUDE, TROLL WRONG!

chiefsfan_91 02-09-2013 02:35 AM

Not a troll. I absolutely hate this year's QB class. I will agree that Geno Smith is the best of them, but that's not saying much. Geno Smith is just a Colt Brennan who played in a real conference. And not even a good real confrence

Ebolapox 02-09-2013 02:44 AM

YOU GOTTA PAY THE TROLL TOLL TO GET INTO THIS BOY'S SOUL
YOU GOTTA PAY THE TROLL TOLL TONIGHT

Ebolapox 02-09-2013 02:46 AM

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4c...troll_toll.jpg

chiefsfan_91 02-09-2013 03:00 AM

I'm being absolutely serious. If someone could please show me something that I haven't seen in my own study of Geno Smith, please tell me. All I have seen is terrible footwork, and him hitting guys who were wide open. Honestly, he looked alot like the QB at the school where I coach at. All he did was benefit from a system. Never in his college career did he play in a system even remotely close to the West Coast that Reid runs. In fact, the Air Raid has never produced a Pro Bowl caliber QB. And the only QB out of the system who was taken 1st overall was TIM COUCH. Excuse me for not wanting that...

kcxiv 02-09-2013 03:25 AM

Alex Smith will not take the CHIEFS ANYWHERE! If i recall correctly he came from a spread offense as well.

At least with Geno SMith there is some ****ing excitement, hell even Wilson or Barkley. If not, its just going to be another ****ing lame boring 6-10 record or something close give or take a few ****ing wins. AT least with a new QB that record will be with some kind of excitement!

The Chiefs need to do ****ing something to keep the fan base interested. Hell,t his is the first year since i been watching football weekly since 1982 that i was not excited for football sundays! i never thought that day would come.

When your turning the TV to see HOW much your team loses by and not expecting a win, its bad.

Ebolapox 02-09-2013 03:25 AM

all of that has been COMPLETELY debunked if you actually give a shit. do a search for 'GENO SMITH,' it's not like there's an actual 'OFFICIAL GENO SMITH THREAD' on the front page.

otherwise, yes--you are a ****ing troll

chiefsfan_91 02-09-2013 03:39 AM

@FruitNinja, I agree with you. We have to do something. But I don't think that should mean that we reach for a 2nd round talent with the first overall pick. Frankly, the only option I like at QB right now isn't even an option; that being praying to the football gods that the Bears don't resign Cutler. And even then, that's a pretty terrible scenario. The fact is that the QB class for the next couple of years is god-awful. In an average year, every QB in first round contention this year would be a 3rd rounder at best. In all honesty, I don't think there's anyway we don't draft a QB in the first 2 rounds. I would just rather do something like the Bengals did and get the better player in the first, and then take the best available QB in the second.

@Ebolapox, I've been through about 20 pages of the draft Geno thread, and found nothing useful. And I have done my research on Geno Smith. And I wasn't impressed. He looked like Colt Brennan to me. He plays in a system that throws the ball on 75% of its snaps, and many of those are high percentage throws like hitches and screens. I just haven't seen anything on the kid that has sold me on him as the number 1 pick

AdumbGuy 02-09-2013 03:51 AM

If we're not taking a QB, I want to draft the highest rated punter. With all the punting we're going to be doing, Colquitt will get tired.