ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports NBA Offseason thread 2013 edition (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274317)

tk13 07-05-2013 07:09 PM

I agree with that... and Morey's a good GM. But I don't know... this excites me even less than him going to the Lakers did. If Kobe and Steve Nash can't get him to play hard I don't know who will.

The Bad Guy 07-05-2013 07:28 PM

I'm sick of it already. As a Lakers fan, I'm indifferent about all of this. I don't think he's a max player. I don't think he's the cornerstone everyone makes him out to be. I think he's mentally weak. He's a force no doubt, but he's not one of the 5-10 best players in this league.

Why not just come out and tell the Lakers he's going to Houston? Why meet with the team tonight and now have it floating that the extra money is hard to turn down?

Why make this a huge soap opera?

tk13 07-05-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9794218)
I'm sick of it already. As a Lakers fan, I'm indifferent about all of this. I don't think he's a max player. I don't think he's the cornerstone everyone makes him out to be. I think he's mentally weak. He's a force no doubt, but he's not one of the 5-10 best players in this league.

Why not just come out and tell the Lakers he's going to Houston? Why meet with the team tonight and now have it floating that the extra money is hard to turn down?

Because that's all he's ever done. Did it for years with Van Gundy, did it last year, and this is the biggest stage he may ever get.

Mr_Tomahawk 07-05-2013 07:35 PM

I, too, am a Lakers fan and think the guys is overrated and really could give a shit if he comes or goes.

That said...I don't know where this franchise goes for the their future. Kobe is done. He will have a good nights every so often, but it's time to go out and get that young superstar, whomever that may be.

tk13 07-05-2013 07:38 PM

All these tweets are within the last hour.

@AlexKennedyNBA Dwight Howard will meet with the Lakers very soon and then an official decision is expected "tonight or tomorrow morning." #almostover

@jadande: Apparently, still no official word from Dwight Howard to Lakers.

@mcten What's the big hold up? "It's hard to walk away from $30 million," said a source close to Dwight Howard. "Harder than we thought."

@ramonashelburne: Lakers STILL have not been informed by Dwight or his camp.

@AlexKennedyNBA This meeting is the Lakers' last chance to persuade Dwight Howard to stay. Mitch Kupchak will be in attendance. Trying to find out who else.

tk13 07-05-2013 07:46 PM

Now ESPN is going full bore with this story. Gotta give some credit to that Alex Kennedy, he was all over it.

ESPNNBA On @SportsCenter, @Chris_Broussard reports Dwight Howard has had a change of heart, is now 50-50 on decision to leave Lakers

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-05-2013 07:51 PM

Haha.... Only Dwight

the Talking Can 07-05-2013 07:53 PM

houston thought they had him...now he is 'waffling' per twitter reports

that would be cruel if he has a last minute change of heart...

The Bad Guy 07-05-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9794232)
I, too, am a Lakers fan and think the guys is overrated and really could give a shit if he comes or goes.

That said...I don't know where this franchise goes for the their future. Kobe is done. He will have a good nights every so often, but it's time to go out and get that young superstar, whomever that may be.

I'm willing to see it play out. I have no idea either, but then again in 2004 I thought that the Lakers were finished and Kobe was leaving.

The Bad Guy 07-05-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9794242)
Now ESPN is going full bore with this story. Gotta give some credit to that Alex Kennedy, he was all over it.

ESPNNBA On @SportsCenter, @Chris_Broussard reports Dwight Howard has had a change of heart, is now 50-50 on decision to leave Lakers

Brousard is the biggest asshole reporter.

He was on the radio saying the Lakers camp heard from Dwight's reps saying he was Houston bound. Now it's a different story.

He's the worst. The absolute worst. Brousard and Howard should marry each other except Brousard clearly hates gay people.

Shogun 07-05-2013 07:59 PM

Lol if Dwight gets pringles fired

ChiefsCountry 07-05-2013 08:00 PM

I will wait till Adrian Wojrnawoski reports on it. He is nails.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mother****erJones 07-05-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9794218)

What made me truly shake my head, was the media saying Kobe's challenge about winning championships turned Dwight off. Like Dwight man don't you want to win? If you're a max player you gota win.

Mother****erJones 07-05-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9794260)
Brousard is the biggest asshole reporter.

He was on the radio saying the Lakers camp heard from Dwight's reps saying he was Houston bound. Now it's a different story.

He's the worst. The absolute worst. Brousard and Howard should marry each other except Brousard clearly hates gay people.

I cannot stand listening to Broussard he's so annoying. The black Adam Schefter (annoying wise; no concrete sources like Schefter)

CaliforniaChief 07-05-2013 08:02 PM

I think the Lakers should just pull the offer off the table and walk away. He is such a diva. And let's be honest, even if he tells the Lakers "yes", there's still 4 days until anything can be made official. By that time, he might be playing hockey in Australia.

Walk away, Mitch.