ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Well, We Probably Should Have a Brian Orakpo Thread... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=196400)

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-09-2008 07:08 PM

Well, We Probably Should Have a Brian Orakpo Thread...

If we keep playing like this, we won't be in a position to draft Stafford. It's not good or bad, it is what it is.

With that being said, a genetic freak like Rak daddy would go a long way towards fixing the ills of this defense. He's not as long as Michael Johnson, but he's fast, explosive, and incredibly strong. Plus, he's taken boxing lessons, so Krumrie will love him with his ****tard slap-fight drill.

There could be worse selections in the 3-7 range where we will most likely choose.

BigVE 11-09-2008 07:10 PM

I doubt we get stafford with the possibility that Detroit AND St. Louis could be drafting in front of us and they have big needs at QB too. Thanks to Thiggy we are not nearly as desperate for a QB now as we were a few weeks ago IMO.

MIAdragon 11-09-2008 07:10 PM

Sign me up.

Ultra Peanut 11-09-2008 07:11 PM

Aight.

Quote:

Plus, he's taken boxing lessons, so Krumrie will love him with his ****tard slap-fight drill.
Hahahaha.

chiefzilla1501 11-09-2008 07:15 PM

I'm more than happy with getting a guy like Orakpo.

I still would much rather trade down and get Maualuga or Laurinitis PLUS extra draft picks. If we trade low enough, we could maybe get a high 2nd round pick and maybe another extra pick on the side. With that extra second round pick, we can start gunning for some terrific linemen, like Duke Robinson or Alex Mack.

The Bad Guy 11-09-2008 07:16 PM

We have 3 enormous needs:

Pass rushing LDE.
Stud MLB
Completely new right side of the line

Since we can't draft a RT or RG that high, it's down to MLB or LDE.

Hopefully this Orakpo is all that. I know little to nothing about him.

Smed1065 11-09-2008 07:17 PM

Please inform use that know little about him. No not all homervison please.

BigVE 11-09-2008 07:18 PM

What was Orakpo's injury status...I know he had been a little banged up recently but I haven't kept up with the latest.

Basileus777 11-09-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 5205642)
I'm more than happy with getting a guy like Orakpo.

I still would much rather trade down and get Maualuga or Laurinitis PLUS extra draft picks. If we trade low enough, we could maybe get a high 2nd round pick and maybe another extra pick on the side. With that extra second round pick, we can start gunning for some terrific linemen, like Duke Robinson or Alex Mack.

**** Laurinitis. I want nothing to do with that pile-jumper in the first round.

BigVE 11-09-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smed1065 (Post 5205650)
Please inform use that know little about him. No not all homervison please.

He is a game changer, a difference maker and someone you have to account for (at least at the college level). He is big, strong and fast. Considered by some to be THE best athlete in college football.

The Bad Guy 11-09-2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigVE (Post 5205666)
He is a game changer, a difference maker and someone you have to account for (at least at the college level). He is big, strong and fast. Considered by some to be THE best athlete in college football.

Is he a Ghostlon or Vernon Davis? Or is he a Dwight Freeney with how he can change games?

I watched some Youtube clips, and I'm impressed.

BigVE 11-09-2008 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5205677)
Is he a Ghostlon or Vernon Davis? Or is he a Dwight Freeney with how he can change games?

That is yet to be seen I guess. Right now he is MY personal choice for round 1.

chiefzilla1501 11-09-2008 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 5205662)
**** Laurinitis. I want nothing to do with that pile-jumper in the first round.

Laurinitis is a hell of a player and I have a feeling Herm will fall in love with the guy. He is a high motor player, has terrific speed, is very good in coverage, and is extremely football smart. Like any other MLB, he sometimes struggles when his DTs get manhandled or beat. I don't know if Maualuga is a better prospect, but you couldn't go wrong with either of those guys.

chiefzilla1501 11-09-2008 07:27 PM

Quote:

I think the thing about Gholston and Davis is that most of the ooh'ing and awe'ing was about how freakish they were in athleticism, that scouts were willing to look past the negatives.

Gholston and Davis both have questionable work ethics and attitudes toward the game, and both had major flaws in their scouting report that scouts hoped would be overcome. I don't know much about Orakpo, but I agree that the evluation should involve a lot more than just physical talent.

milkman 11-09-2008 07:29 PM

Quote:

I'd say he's more of a Freeny type, but stronger, so he wouldn't rely solely on his speed, and should probably be a better run defender.