ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Powerball jackpot.....500 million and growing! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267119)

bowener 11-27-2012 04:48 PM

Honestly, the idea of winning such a large amount of money is terrifying to me. I know that it would most likely ruin all my relationships with family and friends in some way. I would obviously help them out however I could, but I imagine some would resent you forever regardless, and others would never be able to take enough from you to make themselves happy. It would be a nightmare of never knowing who is really your friend anymore.

Baby Lee 11-27-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9156699)
I don't like how lottery pampers to the low income and old people.

But the thought of all that money is so infantalizing.

Brock 11-27-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9157365)
Honestly, the idea of winning such a large amount of money is terrifying to me. I know that it would most likely ruin all my relationships with family and friends in some way. I would obviously help them out however I could, but I imagine some would resent you forever regardless, and others would never be able to take enough from you to make themselves happy. It would be a nightmare of never knowing who is really your friend anymore.

The people who would resent you forever because you won some money aren't worth knowing to begin with.

mikey23545 11-27-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9157365)

****'em all.

mikey23545 11-27-2012 04:59 PM

I wonder how much it would cost to build the most impregnable, luxurious underground shelter, self-sustaining for at least 50 years...

The thing is, I would also need a doctor and medical facility available, as well as a supply of all my meds including insulin.

mikey23545 11-27-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9157413)
I wonder how much it would cost to build the most impregnable, luxurious underground shelter, self-sustaining for at least 50 years...

The thing is, I would also need a doctor and medical facility available, as well as a supply of all my meds including insulin.

Crap, I also need to have my pacemaker replaced every 5 to 10 years.

I don't think I'm going to be able to hide away with all my millions.

journeyscarab 11-27-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Buy an old missle silo.

http://www.missilebases.com/properties

saphojunkie 11-27-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 9156957)
Apparently, you have better odds of lining up a trail of quarters from NY to LA and selecting the one quarter bearing a special marking.
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually, this isn't true.

The statistics are skewed when it comes to the lottery. The odds of picking the correct number of a random 6 number drawing are astronomical.

The odds of winning the lottery are much, much better.

Why?

Because someone always wins the lottery. Someone is GOING to win this lottery, if not this drawing then the next.

That means that of the, let's just say, 2 million tickets sold for this drawing, at least one will win. Even if one doesn't, and a million MORE people join the party, bringing the total cost of tickets up to 5 million for both drawings, you now have a 1 in 2.5 million chance of winning.

This is a closed system, so your odds of winning are greatly increased by the fact that A) Someone will win, and B) that winner will come from a limited group of players.

saphojunkie 11-27-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9157398)
The people who would resent you forever because you won some money aren't worth knowing to begin with.

Yep. Take care of your family, change your phone number, cancel Facebook account, and disappear for two years around the world.

mikey23545 11-27-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyscarab (Post 9157431)

That would be cool if they'd also let me have a few old missiles to go with it.

And the one in Kansas should be close enough I could sneak out to Chiefs games.

Brock 11-27-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Sounds like something that would get boring quick.

mikey23545 11-27-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9157482)
Sounds like something that would get boring quick.

There would also be a few people of my choosing living there as well.

As well as every form of entertainment you could have in a missile solo.

KCUnited 11-27-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9157376)
But the thought of all that money is so infantalizing.

Fetus for the rest of our lives and then some.

mlyonsd 11-27-2012 05:29 PM

My plan is to buy out Pioli's contract from Clark and have him mow my yard and shovel snow for the rest of it's duration.

Maybe dig holes on odd days and fill them back up on the even ones.

BigRedChief 11-27-2012 05:29 PM

I'm in a 70 person group that each spends $5 every time that lottery gets higher than $100 million. Thats 350 tickets. If you win its only a couple of million but its better odds than playing alone and its a fun little thing to do.