ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Playstation 4 price and Xbox 720 is announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272150)

SuperChief 05-16-2014 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10633952)
This is why my interest in games has been wavering lately. I can't stand online gameplay unless it is online coop. I want stories. Games with a heart and soul to them. Everything else is a complete waste of time for me.

While I mostly agree with you, you only need to look towards Sucker Punch, Naughty Dog, etc. for games released within the past year to give you hope. The Last of Us, a surprising apex of immersive gaming at the time, just came out within a year.

007 05-16-2014 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 10634461)
While I mostly agree with you, you only need to look towards Sucker Punch, Naughty Dog, etc. for games released within the past year to give you hope. The Last of Us, a surprising apex of immersive gaming at the time, just came out within a year.

Yes, I touched on that in another post. Those are the devs still giving me hope. Naughty Dog, Rock Steady, R* with Red Dead, and Square Enix with Tomb Raider.

Pants 05-17-2014 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10634271)
of course there are. Nobody said otherwise. Its just that online gameplay is taking over and killing what made games great. Why bother with putting together a thought provoking story when we can just give them these insanely large maps and they can go kill each other.

I'm so thankful for Naughty Dog. They get it. uncharted, Last of Us were oustanding. Looking forward to the next unique IP they do as well as their sequels. They put a lot of heart and soul into their games. Batman Arkham Asylum is another great example of how a story enhances the game experience. Tomb Raider was outstanding story telling and gameplay. I just hope they don't stop with that one outing. It didn't sell well for some damn reason. At least, not until they made the price dirt cheap. Oh, and one last one. Red Dead Redemption.

I know GTA gets a lot of notice but every time I try it I just can't get into it. probably because I just don't like the subject matter of it.

I used to love COD but it just went to shit. Kind of like Madden. just the same shit over and over and over. Battlefield as well.

Outside of the games I listed, I cannot think of any games I truly enjoyed as much.

I 100% agree with you on RDR. I think the story telling in GTA 5 is almost as good as RDR. The characters are certainly on par as is the writing. GTA 5 had a very, very strong story. I would give it a shot if I were you.

I disagree on Tomb Raider and Arkham Asylum, though. I barely noticed the story in either one, TBH. Those games are all about great controls and exploration/collecting, IMO. The combat is delicious in both games and traversing through the environment is also incredibly fun.

If you want a truly great story, I would suggest digging up an old copy of the original KOTOR. Now that's a story-driven game. Probably one of the best pieces of fictional writing I've ever experienced.

007 05-17-2014 12:45 AM

What really cracks me up on this BIG BOLD MOVE by Microsoft is the fact they are just changing their service to match what PSN+ has been doing for 18 months now and branding it as if it is their own idea.

Valiant 05-17-2014 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10634490)
What really cracks me up on this BIG BOLD MOVE by Microsoft is the fact they are just changing their service to match what PSN+ has been doing for 18 months now and branding it as if it is their own idea.

Is that anything like Sony copying MS for pay to play online?

007 05-17-2014 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10634503)
Is that anything like Sony copying MS for pay to play online?

Not even close to the same thing. $50 per year to Sony got you a hell of a lot more for your money than $60 per year to Microsoft. I'm betting it still will too as I don't expect MS to offer anything better with their Live Deals. At least on the One they can't give you free games that are 4 years old now so there is that.

The other thing that Sony does different is allowing all accounts on one console to play online with only one active PSN+ membership. I still haven't seen anyone come in to the thread and state that this actually works on the One.

Guess I will most likely get to test that theory out since my 12 year old managed to save enough money to afford the One when the kinectless version comes out next month.

EDIT - I hate this. You guys keep making me sound like a Sony shrill when I'm not. Its just my console of choice due to all the features I stated.

New World Order 05-17-2014 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10634490)

Well, if your PS + runs out you lose your games.

GWG for Live you keep them no matter what.

New World Order 05-17-2014 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10634504)
Not even close to the same thing. $50 per year to Sony got you a hell of a lot more for your money than $60 per year to Microsoft. I'm betting it still will too as I don't expect MS to offer anything better with their Live Deals. At least on the One they can't give you free games that are 4 years old now so there is that.

The other thing that Sony does different is allowing all accounts on one console to play online with only one active PSN+ membership. I still haven't seen anyone come in to the thread and state that this actually works on the One.

Guess I will most likely get to test that theory out since my 12 year old managed to save enough money to afford the One when the kinectless version comes out next month.

EDIT - I hate this. You guys keep making me sound like a Sony shrill when I'm not. Its just my console of choice due to all the features I stated.

Their new program doesn't start until June.

007 05-17-2014 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10634505)

Yeah, 4 year old games that I already had and beat. Yippee. Plus, I'm OK with losing access because I generally don't go back to games I already beat unless they are top notch games. If it was a top notch game, odds are, I purchased it outright and won't trade it in.

EDIT

Just got to thinking. I would assume the Live membership IS good on both the 360 and the One. Correct?

007 05-17-2014 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10634506)
Their new program doesn't start until June.

Yes, I'm aware of that. :spock:

kcxiv 05-17-2014 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10634507)
Yeah, 4 year old games that I already had and beat. Yippee. Plus, I'm OK with losing access because I generally don't go back to games I already beat unless they are top notch games. If it was a top notch game, odds are, I purchased it outright and won't trade it in.

EDIT

Just got to thinking. I would assume the Live membership IS good on both the 360 and the One. Correct?

yeah, when i play me some street fighter, i see other guys logged in on the xbox 1. It tells you, dont have to double pay. Its all tied into the hotmail account.

007 05-17-2014 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10634518)
yeah, when i play me some street fighter, i see other guys logged in on the xbox 1. It tells you, dont have to double pay. Its all tied into the hotmail account.

Was pretty sure that was the case. Thanks

BryanBusby 05-17-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10634212)
im with you on that. this is how it feels now playing the story modes on FPS Games...

http://cdn.duelinganalogs.com/wp-con...map-design.png

This has been a big pet peeve of mine.

One thing that Nintendo has been guilty as hell about, at least with the Zelda series, is the go back to areas you've already been to and fetch some bullshit. Just give me some cool dungeons and an open world that isn't nearly empty and hollow you dicks.

Valiant 05-17-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10634505)

Not on the One. You have to have gold to keep playing.

Valiant 05-17-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10634507)

EDIT

Yes, you can use it on both.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-acc...d=furl_livefaq

Near the bottom talks about it. Also about the whole house gets multiplayer from one gold account. But they are vague on the response. We will find out in June.