ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Computers Safari on OS X...any way to selective block autofill? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283844)

htismaqe 05-21-2014 06:27 PM

Safari on OS X...any way to selective block autofill?

I like using autofill for my passwords but for some reason Safari doesn't like my new Asus router.

In the main status page, there are fields that show the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz SSIDs and (masked) pre-shared keys.

Safari for some reason thinks they are login fields and keeps trying to overwrite the fields with the router's admin username and password.

I don't want to globally disable autofill but I would really like to shut it off for just my router.

Anybody know how to do that?

patteeu 05-22-2014 11:50 AM

If Apple wanted you to be able to do that, they would have done it for you.

j/k I don't really have anything to offer here.

Rausch 05-22-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10645201)
If Apple wanted you to be able to do that, they would have done it for you.

j/k I don't really have anything to offer here.

Me either.

I have a $#itty $150 router from China-Mart and Safari has no problems with it.

BTW - Which version of OSX do you have?

PPC or Intel board?...

htismaqe 05-22-2014 12:39 PM

Mid-2011 iMac, Intel i7.

Mavericks 10.9.3 with Safari 7.0.4.

It's not really an issue with Safari, it's an issue with the layout of the router status page. I've never had this issue before. For right now, I'm able to workaround the issue by unchecking the "save to keychain" box when I first log in to the router.

DaveNull 05-22-2014 01:07 PM

I took a look and didn't see anything, other than just not storing your router password to keychain.

I use 1Password instead of Keychain.

Fish 05-22-2014 01:56 PM

Have you tried to remove the autofill entry and see if it might recreate it correctly?

Safari\Preferences\Autofill\User names and passwords\
or
Safari\Preferences\Autofill\Other forms\specific form\

htismaqe 05-22-2014 02:47 PM

It doesn't.

The thing is the wifi status field has 2 tabs, one for 2.4Ghz and one for 5Ghz.

If I open directly to that page, it takes whatever SSID is showing and tries to autofill it in BOTH tabs.

If I save the master admin password to keychain, it overwrites both SSID's with "admin".

Goofy.

Fish 05-22-2014 03:00 PM

Sounds like the router manufacturer didn't qualify those web fields correctly in their HTML page/config screen, and Safari can't figure out what type of field boxes they're supposed to be. Not sure how you would possibly resolve that, short of rewriting the router html page.

htismaqe 05-22-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10645533)
Sounds like the router manufacturer didn't qualify those web fields correctly in their HTML page/config screen, and Safari can't figure out what type of field boxes they're supposed to be. Not sure how you would possibly resolve that, short of rewriting the router html page.

Yeah, I reported it to the guy that is making the firmware - it's an Asus that is supported by RMerlin at Small Net Builder so there's at least a chance it will get fixed. If it was Netgear or Linksys I'd be ****ed. :D

This router is screaming fast.