ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games The Witcher 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291789)

MMXcalibur 04-08-2015 07:36 PM

The Witcher 3

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N4ony2r0QFs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This game is one of the few in a long, loooooooong time that I am really looking forward to. I've never played any of the Witcher games and am unfamiliar with the story behind it, but the gameplay, graphics, and overall setting that surrounds this game has me stoked.

The game comes out for PS4, XBox One, and PC on May 19th.

hometeam 04-08-2015 07:44 PM

super pumped for this game, pre-ordered it months and months ago for like 19 bucks on steam secondary market~

Buck 04-08-2015 07:47 PM

You know what sucks? I can't even run The Witcher 2 on ultra above 30 fps in my 980 rig.

MMXcalibur 05-18-2015 12:15 AM

Downloaded it today for early access tomorrow after I get home from work.
I will be watching the clock all day.

Gonzo 05-18-2015 07:50 AM

Someone give me a little background on the series? It looks amazing but do you need to know wtf is up with the story or can you jump right into this installment?

MMXcalibur 05-18-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11505928)
Someone give me a little background on the series? It looks amazing but do you need to know wtf is up with the story or can you jump right into this installment?

You can jump right in. No prior knowledge needed.

Mr. Laz 05-18-2015 10:09 AM

Not going to get suckered into it this time.

I've tried every Witcher game and haven't finished any of them.

I get bored, not sure why.

Beef Supreme 05-18-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11506042)
Not going to get suckered into it this time.

I've tried every Witcher game and haven't finished any of them.

I get bored, not sure why.

I'm in the same boat, but I may end up getting it when they slash the price to ridiculous levels in a steam sale.

As far as why ... a few reasons. Odd dialogue that must really be suffering from being translated. The interface could use some serious revamping. The frustration of not being able to get where you want to go without running into invisible walls and having to find the perfect spot they have deemed you can hop off of a ledge. The combat isn't all that fun.

hometeam 05-19-2015 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11506076)
I'm in the same boat, but I may end up getting it when they slash the price to ridiculous levels in a steam sale.

As far as why ... a few reasons. Odd dialogue that must really be suffering from being translated. The interface could use some serious revamping. The frustration of not being able to get where you want to go without running into invisible walls and having to find the perfect spot they have deemed you can hop off of a ledge. The combat isn't all that fun.

Polish parent company, so I can see some of that. Witcher 3 is full open world.

Gonzo 05-20-2015 10:38 PM

Picked this up today.
Ok so far this is what I've got...
The good: The level of detail and the size of the world is just absolutely amazing.
The bad: WTF IS GOING ON???? I HAVE NO ****ING CLUE WHAT I AM DOING HERE AND I DONT GET IT.
The Sexy: Wow, they like chicks with nice poopers.

This thing is pretty impressive so far. It's just a tad confusing and the game takes a lot of character maintenance.
I'm reserving judgment until I get into it about 10 more hours.

MMXcalibur 05-20-2015 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11511411)
Picked this up today.
Ok so far this is what I've got...
The good: The level of detail and the size of the world is just absolutely amazing.
The bad: WTF IS GOING ON???? I HAVE NO ****ING CLUE WHAT I AM DOING HERE AND I DONT GET IT.
The Sexy: Wow, they like chicks with nice poopers.

This thing is pretty impressive so far. It's just a tad confusing and the game takes a lot of character maintenance.
I'm reserving judgment until I get into it about 10 more hours.

I agree with the "I have no ****ing clue" part.

I was told I would be able to go into this game with zero knowledge and be just fine. This is not the case.

Awesome game. I suppose I'll just make my own story. :hmmm:

Beef Supreme 05-21-2015 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 11511475)
I agree with the "I have no ****ing clue" part.

I was told I would be able to go into this game with zero knowledge and be just fine. This is not the case.

Awesome game. I suppose I'll just make my own story. :hmmm:

To be fair, you could start with the first Witcher game and probably still have no ****ing clue. None of the games tell a coherent, well-paced story. Which is part of why I never finished the first two.

Mr. Laz 05-21-2015 10:54 AM

Knowing what your supposed to do and how you supposed to do it has always been a problem with witcher.

I'm not talking about the good problem solving or tactical What/How either.

where they hell am i?
Where the hell am i supposed to go?
How the hell does this interface work?

Gonzo 05-21-2015 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11512060)
Knowing what your supposed to do and how you supposed to do it has always been a problem with witcher.

I'm not talking about the good problem solving or tactical What/How either.

where they hell am i?
Where the hell am i supposed to go?
How the hell does this interface work?

Exactly. Bloodborne was like that but it was a lot of fun to figure out. This game is almost a ****ing chore to play.

hometeam 05-21-2015 09:11 PM

Im getting my ass killed a ton