ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs another HC canidate (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=201311)

afchiefs 01-28-2009 04:52 PM

another HC canidate

http://min.scout.com/2/834243.html

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD class=storytitle colSpan=3>Frazier may not be secured yet </TD></TR><TR><TD class=primaryimage vAlign=top>http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/45/453111.jpg
Leslie Frazier

</TD><TD noWrap width=3></TD><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="60%" bgColor=#f5f5f5 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=center noWrap>By John Holler
VikingUpdate.com
Posted Jan 28, 2009

</TD><TD noWrap>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier is being mentioned as a potential candidate for another head-coaching job, this time with the Kansas City Chiefs.

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>
Just when it seemed that the Vikings had dodged a bullet concerning Leslie Frazier getting a head coaching position elsewhere, his name has surfaced again – this time with Kansas City’s head coaching vacancy.

Although the local K.C. media has been fawning over Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley, Frazier’s name has been mentioned as a possibility as well. Frazier, who has made the rounds as a potential head-coaching prospect, was viewed as a frontrunner for a couple of coaching openings last winter as well as earlier this month.

Last year, he interviewed with the Miami Dolphins and Atlanta Falcons. This year, Frazier interviewed with the Detroit Lions and was considered the runner-up after interviews with the Denver Broncos and St. Louis Rams. All three of those positions have been filled, but Kansas City still hasn’t named its head coach.

The Chiefs waited to bring the hammer down on head coach Herm Edwards until last weekend, which seemed a little late considering that the college all-star games are typically attended by head coaches – much less the time that is required to gather a staff of assistants. By waiting so long, many of the available coaches that were either part of other organizational coaching purges or waiting to latch on with a new regime have already been signed.

It would seem clear that the Chiefs are going to wait until after the Super Bowl to make a decision, which would lend itself to the local interest in all things Haley. But expect to hear in the coming days that Frazier may be in line to interview for the position.

Just when we thought it was safe to say that Frazier will be back with the Vikings in
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Fritz88 01-28-2009 04:53 PM

I'd go with Haley if I had to choose.

BigVE 01-28-2009 04:53 PM

Hmmm, is this the required minority candidate or is it for real?

88TG88 01-28-2009 04:55 PM

What are his former jobs ?

Monty 01-28-2009 04:55 PM

Rooney Rule?

Fritz88 01-28-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigVE (Post 5435107)
Hmmm, is this the required minority candidate or is it for real?

He seems to be used that way

Quote:

Last year, he interviewed with the Miami Dolphins and Atlanta Falcons. This year, Frazier interviewed with the Detroit Lions and was considered the runner-up after interviews with the Denver Broncos and St. Louis Rams. All three of those positions have been filled,

CaliforniaChief 01-28-2009 04:59 PM

I think Todd Bowles might get an interview too. But I have a better chance of winning the lottery and getting hit by lightning on the way to claim it than I do of knowing what's going on at One Arrowhead. And you know what? I like it that way.

afchiefs 01-28-2009 05:00 PM

its from the viking site. they dont want to lose this guy :hmmm:

booger 01-28-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88TG88 (Post 5435112)
What are his former jobs ?

started of in college and became HC at some Chicago Trinity college or something similar to that name.

Was a player with Rivera, Jeff Fisher on Buddy Ryans 85 bears D with the 46. Later coached db's under Jim Johnson in Philly while Rivera was LB coach. Became Marvin Lewis's DC in Cincy and got fired their. I wouldn't look into that one much as Lewis has went through a few DC's. Then to Indy as Dungy's Senior D. ASST. They didn't need a DC or DB coach at the time but he was on the staff anyway. Then his current gig in Minny as DC.

blueballs 01-28-2009 05:02 PM

I hope they want to interview a slew of canidates
may only be interested in a couple or three
but interview several

OnTheWarpath15 01-28-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afchiefs (Post 5435129)
its from the viking site. they dont want to lose this guy :hmmm:

They didn't want to lose Tyler Thigpen, either.

FWIW, my contact inside the Rams FO said that the organization was extremely impressed with Frazier, and was ready to give him the job, until Spagnuolo interviewed on Thursday of that week. He was hired on Saturday.

I'm not sure how anyone can say he'd be a better/worse candidate than Haley.

Bowser 01-28-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5435146)
I'm no sure how anyone can say he'd be a better/worse candidate than Haley.

New around here, I see.

Fritz88 01-28-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 5435127)
I think Todd Bowles might get an interview too. But I have a better chance of winning the lottery and getting hit by lightning on the way to claim it than I do of knowing what's going on at One Arrowhead. And you know what? I like it that way.

i like it too

OnTheWarpath15 01-28-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5435162)
New around here, I see.

LMAO

88TG88 01-28-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 5435130)
started of in college and became HC at some Chicago Trinity college or something similar to that name.

Was a player with Rivera, Jeff Fisher on Buddy Ryans 85 bears D with the 46. Later coached db's under Jim Johnson in Philly while Rivera was LB coach. Became Marvin Lewis's DC in Cincy and got fired their. I wouldn't look into that one much as Lewis has went through a few DC's. Then to Indy as Dungy's Senior D. ASST. They didn't need a DC or DB coach at the time but he was on the staff anyway. Then his current gig in Minny as DC.

He sounds pretty inexperienced. How good was the Vikings D this year ?