ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs NFL Draft Expert on Geno, Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272346)

Direckshun 04-21-2013 11:34 PM

NFL Draft Expert on Geno, Albert

Anybody know if this dude is legit?

Here's what he has to say about Albert:

NFL_Draft_Insider ‏@NFLDraftBites 6h
After Brandon Albert smoke screen. #Dolphins & #Raiders REMAIN actively engaged in trade talks. Expect trade when Raiders on clock.

Here's what he was arguing against some dude over Geno:

NFL_Draft_Insider‏@NFLDraftBites
It's Not being over-thought & over-analyzed. It's a Reality. No Team wants Geno Smith in the Top 10. Have a 2nd Round grade on him.
3:51 PM - 20 Apr 13

Benjamin Allbright ‏@NFLDraftMonster 20 Apr
@NFLDraftBites Well that simply isn't true...

NFL_Draft_Insider ‏@NFLDraftBites 20 Apr
@NFLDraftMonster Who wants him in the top 10? System QB w/ no experience reading a Defense. Excels b/c of College Hash marks.

@NFLDraftBites To say "no one wants him" is something you simply don't know. You also seem to be forgetting his Soph season (reading def)

@NFLDraftMonster Numbers took off w Holgersen. It's a system that's worked. Maybe he's a late 1. But watch Philly- like Manuel over Geno

@NFLDraftBites I'm not concerned with the numbers. Box score scouts wind up w/ Timmy Chang and Kliff Kingsbury. Concerned with the player.

@NFLDraftMonster What Franchise QB takes two safeties in his final College game? Ball security issues. Do the Bills take him at 8?

@NFLDraftBites Really, a fluke snow game, and you're talking safeties? Really? Bills could, Cleveland could, Arizona could, Jax could....

@NFLDraftMonster Geno throws an unbelievable fade. Best I've seen. Offense is about manipulating the wide side.. Can't do that in the league

@NFLDraftBites right. but scouting is about evaluating what the player can become, not the offense he came from.

@NFLDraftMonster And what can Geno Smith become? A turnover prone QB that has difficulty reading through progressions?

@NFLDraftBites When has he ever shown he was turnover prone? Has some fumbles but incredibly low INT numbers. Especially for Air Raid.

@NFLDraftMonster We're projecting here. INT numbers low on a simplistic read Air Raid. 32 career fumbles. What do you love about him?

@NFLDraftBites he's a highly accurate passer with above requisite velocity.

@NFLDraftBites compare his numbers to other air raid guys, much lower int numbers.

@NFLDraftMonster Tim Couch light up SEC w/ Air Raid Offense & Hal Mumme. Remember- Couch & Bruce Arians worked together. Carson over Geno?

This guy has a ton of interesting observations.

Sorter 04-21-2013 11:44 PM

"Offense is about manipulating the wide side.. Can't do that in the league" LMAO

" simplistic read Air Raid." LMAO

Somewhere, Josh McDaniels is ****ing laughing his ass off at the 2nd quote.

Along with myself. People who don't truly understand the AirRaid and it's concepts, along with how nearly every single one is used in the NFL are ****ing idiots. The concepts have been around forever. FFS, Charlie Weis was using "AirRaid" concepts in his E/P offense before it was cool.

Inb4 "Tom Brady runs a gimmick offense".

Mav 04-22-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9613382)
"Offense is about manipulating the wide side.. Can't do that in the league" LMAO

" simplistic read Air Raid." LMAO

Somewhere, Josh McDaniels is ****ing laughing his ass off at the 2nd quote.

Along with myself. People who don't truly understand the AirRaid and it's concepts, along with how nearly every single one is used in the NFL are ****ing idiots. The concepts have been around forever. FFS, Charlie Weis was using "AirRaid" concepts in his E/P offense before it was cool.

Inb4 "Tom Brady runs a gimmick offense".

he doesnt. Hes one of maybe 3 qbs you could put in an6+y system, and have them run it without skipping a beat.

Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers being the other two.....

ChiefGator 04-22-2013 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9613361)
Here's what he has to say about Albert:

NFL_Draft_Insider ‏@NFLDraftBites 6h
After Brandon Albert smoke screen. #Dolphins & #Raiders REMAIN actively engaged in trade talks. Expect trade when Raiders on clock.

Has there ever been a trade with a team on the clock that involved an existing NFL players? Seems like there are so many possible hold-ups on those trades normally, they usually take days to really finalize. Can you really do that in ten minutes?

Chief Roundup 04-22-2013 07:09 AM

More evidence that this place has an unreasonable hard on for a QB, any QB. Just draft one in the first.

Deberg_1990 04-22-2013 07:12 AM

Why am i getting the feeling that Geno is next Jimmy Clausen?

Molitoth 04-22-2013 07:47 AM

I ****ing hate eveybody.

Direckshun 04-22-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9613594)

I am getting that same feeling.

Direckshun 04-22-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 9613488)
Has there ever been a trade with a team on the clock that involved an existing NFL players? Seems like there are so many possible hold-ups on those trades normally, they usually take days to really finalize. Can you really do that in ten minutes?

No, the tweet is saying the Dolphins are on the verge of simply backing out of the Albert deal and trading up with the Fade to take Fisher/Joeckel.

Chief Roundup 04-22-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Lots on the planet thought that Clausen was going to be our high 1st round QB. Lots on the planet thought Clausen was going to be good.
The NFL did not agree with the planet on Clausen.
It appears that the NFL does not agree with those posters on the planet on Geno Smith either.

ChiefGator 04-22-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9613642)
No, the tweet is saying the Dolphins are on the verge of simply backing out of the Albert deal and trading up with the Fade to take Fisher/Joeckel.

Ah, thanks. I'm at home today with a bad flu bug.. I think it has affected my reading comp.

King_Chief_Fan 04-22-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9613643)
Lots on the planet thought that Clausen was going to be our high 1st round QB. Lots on the planet thought Clausen was going to be good.
It appears that the NFL does not agree with those posters on the planet on Geno Smith either.

I'll take, "what do Chiefs fans know" for $100 Alex.

Marcellus 04-22-2013 08:19 AM

I said last week Geno could fall big time and possibly be there in the 2nd round.

RealSNR 04-22-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9613590)
More evidence that this place has an unreasonable hard on for a QB, any QB. Just draft one in the first.

Would rather have that than hard ons for Alex Smith, Matt Cassel, Elvis Grbac, and Steve Bono.

"Just trade for a backup! Preferably from the 49ers, but it doesn't matter. Just do it. Whatever you do, for ****'s sake, do NOT take a risk on drafting a bust QB in the 1st round! Everybody in your family will die and you'll lose your job!"

Chief Roundup 04-22-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9613680)
Would rather have that than hard ons for Alex Smith, Matt Cassel, Elvis Grbac, and Steve Bono.

"Just trade for a backup! Preferably from the 49ers, but it doesn't matter. Just do it. Whatever you do, for ****'s sake, do NOT take a risk on drafting a bust QB in the 1st round! Everybody in your family will die and you'll lose your job!"

I would rather they did not get fixated because they are desperate. Letting the proper decision be made when the proper evidence is in front of them.

BigCatDaddy 04-22-2013 08:31 AM

Who is NFL Draft Insider?

mikey23545 04-22-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

http://imageshack.us/a/img33/4656/childrenofthegeno.jpg

Dave Lane 04-22-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9613643)

No one thought that. Some of us wanted to take him instead of McCluster with our high second.

Deberg_1990 04-22-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9613738)
No one thought that.

Really?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...=jimmy+clausen

I could find a hundred other threads just like this one.

Chief Roundup 04-22-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

No one thought that. Some of us wanted to take him instead of McCluster with our high second.

WOW How can people forget so soon. The draft has lost a lot of its fun because it is only about QBs around here anymore. The rest is just "stuff" that doesn't really matter if it is not about the QB, and if it isn't the thread will soon turn into one about a QB. Because you know nothing is worth talking about until we have our QB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9613743)
Really?

There sure are for every damn year or darn close to every year.

BigCatDaddy 04-22-2013 09:16 AM

Hey! Who the hell is NFL Draft Insider? It's generally a good idea to know who is saying what so you don't end up posting a bunch of shit by Zobel again and looking like a moran.

beach tribe 04-22-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

What the....

beach tribe 04-22-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9613766)
Hey! Who the hell is NFL Draft Insider? It's generally a good idea to know who is saying what so you don't end up posting a bunch of shit by Zobel again and looking like a moran.

It looks like just another self appointed expert.

Chief Roundup 04-22-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

https://twitter.com/NFLDraftInsider

NFL Draft Insider

@NFLDraftInsider

Jared Tokarz- NFL enthusiast, & NFL Draft expert. Follow for Breaking News Football tweets and One of a kind interviews. Business: nfldraftinsider@gmail.com

Boston, MA · thenfldraftinsider.blogspot.com

I think this is what you are asking for.

Rasputin 04-22-2013 09:35 AM

The draft can't get over soon enough and the season can't start soon enough to see how it all plays out.

caligula 04-22-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Really?

.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=224108&highlight=jimmy+clausen

read the draft thread, people freaked out when we didn't draft him in the 2nd...people cheered when we drafted Berry in the first...there is no ambiguity about who wanted what when...

all the arguments leading up to the draft were between Okung and Berry

it's hilarious how the 'oh no it risky to draft QB' crowd tries to rewrite history to make themselves feel good...but hey, we didn't draft him, so at least we didn't, say, end up with the worst record in the league...right?

drafting him for sure would destroyed us forever...whew....

Fat Elvis 04-22-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9613699)

Those kids have more charisma than the Genoites on this board....

I was one of the first folks on the Geno bandwagon, but the ballwashing on this board makes me hate him. We may still draft him (1%>), but if we do, I will hate him. I'm not a big fan of ASmith, but I hate Geno. Geno may lead us to the Super Bowl, but I will hate him.

I will hate Geno because we will forevermore hear the Genoites talking about Geno. If he wins a single game for another team, we will hear for months on end about how we passed on him. If he flames out in this league (very likely), we will hear about how he would of thrived in KC until another QB takes us to the Super Bowl and wins. Even if we win a Super Bowl sometime in the near future, we will hear how Geno would of gotten us there faster.

Every time ASmith takes a sack, throws an incomplete pass or an interception, we will hear about how Geno wouldn't of let that happen. Every time we lose a game we will hear about how Geno would of pulled out the victory.

I hate Geno. Not because of anything he did, but because of all the buttholes on this board who say the same damn thing over and over and over again for months on end. Geno is a moron magnet. I'm convinced of it.

I don't care if you disagree with me. Just shut up about it already. We heard you the first bazillion times.

At this point, just draft Colby Cameron or Peter Lalich with a 6 or 7 and I would be happy.

BigCatDaddy 04-22-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9613790)
https://twitter.com/NFLDraftInsider

NFL Draft Insider

@NFLDraftInsider

Jared Tokarz- NFL enthusiast, & NFL Draft expert. Follow for Breaking News Football tweets and One of a kind interviews. Business: nfldraftinsider@gmail.com

Boston, MA · thenfldraftinsider.blogspot.com

I think this is what you are asking for.

Yep. Some dude pissing in the wind from his mom's basement again. When will people stop posting shit from these types of guys?

DTLB58 04-22-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

I've Been saying this for a month.

patteeu 04-22-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Because almost everyone who's paid to know something seems unimpressed and almost everyone around here thinks he's some kind of messiah. It's a tried and true formula.

BigCatDaddy 04-22-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9613905)
Because almost everyone who's paid to know something seems unimpressed and almost everyone around here thinks he's some kind of messiah. It's a tried and true formula.

Which is ironic, because most of the talking heads liked Clausen and Kiper had him ahead of Bradford.

patteeu 04-22-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Good call. Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to take him seriously if he was just a message board "expert", or something.

RealSNR 04-22-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9613805)

I was one of the first folks on the Geno bandwagon, but the ballwashing on this board makes me hate him. We may still draft him (1%>), but if we do, I will hate him. I'm not a big fan of ASmith, but I hate Geno. Geno may lead us to the Super Bowl, but I will hate him.

I will hate Geno because we will forevermore hear the Genoites talking about Geno. If he wins a single game for another team, we will hear for months on end about how we passed on him. If he flames out in this league (very likely), we will hear about how he would of thrived in KC until another QB takes us to the Super Bowl and wins. Even if we win a Super Bowl sometime in the near future, we will hear how Geno would of gotten us there faster.

Every time ASmith takes a sack, throws an incomplete pass or an interception, we will hear about how Geno wouldn't of let that happen. Every time we lose a game we will hear about how Geno would of pulled out the victory.

I hate Geno. Not because of anything he did, but because of all the buttholes on this board who say the same damn thing over and over and over again for months on end. Geno is a moron magnet. I'm convinced of it.

I don't care if you disagree with me. Just shut up about it already. We heard you the first bazillion times.

At this point, just draft Colby Cameron or Peter Lalich with a 6 or 7 and I would be happy.

:spock:

Okaaaaaaaayyy....

Fat Elvis 04-22-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9613905)

I was one of the first folks on the Geno bandwagon, but the ballwashing and bitching on this board makes me hate him. We may still draft him (1%>), but if we do, I will hate him. I'm not a big fan of ASmith, but I hate Geno. Geno may lead us to the Super Bowl, but I will hate him.

We need to draft and groom our own QB. I get it. I really do. We need to draft a QB in the first round. I get that too. Really, I do. I'm just so sick of Geno, Geno, Geno. I've never seen a group of people perseverate on something for so long in my entire life.

BigCatDaddy 04-22-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9613919)
Good call. Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to take him seriously if he was just a message board "expert", or something.

Right. It's like starting a thread like "Patteau Says Geno Isn't A 1st Round Pick".

patteeu 04-22-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9613947)
I was one of the first folks on the Geno bandwagon, but the ballwashing and bitching on this board makes me hate him. We may still draft him (1%>), but if we do, I will hate him. I'm not a big fan of ASmith, but I hate Geno. Geno may lead us to the Super Bowl, but I will hate him.

We need to draft and groom our own QB. I get it. I really do. We need to draft a QB in the first round. I get that too. Really, I do. I'm just so sick of Geno, Geno, Geno. I've never seen a group of people perseverate on something for so long in my entire life.

I almost missed your hidden message and I tend to agree with it. The rest was probably worth repeating though.

patteeu 04-22-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9613964)
Right. It's like starting a thread like "Patteau Says Geno Isn't A 1st Round Pick".

I couldn't agree more.

aturnis 04-22-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9613805)

Peter Lalich ****ing sucks. You're the only one ever to mention him.

RealSNR 04-22-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9614091)

I'm really not getting the love for Colby Cameron, either. I've only seen one Louisiana Tech game, but the arcs on his long balls are very slow. The ball doesn't seem to have any zip. I worry that he wouldn't just be another Kellen Moore.

Lzen 04-22-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9614091)

Psssttt. Before critiquing QBs, perhaps you should change that saying under your handle.

And would a mod please change this thread title to "Some guy in his mom's basement on Geno, Albert"?

Just Passin' By 04-22-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

http://t.qkme.me/3u1dy4.jpg

:)

Rausch 04-22-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9613699)

You should change the quote to say "More of the same. WE WANT MORE OF THE SAME..."

Mav 04-22-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

no dude. If anyone here is short on the intelligence meter, it is the crowd like yourself that is on the geno or bust train.

And please, explain how what i said about Tom Brady being able to function in any system is inaccurate? HMMMMMMMMM?

Thats right, you cant. Off my nuts........

Dave Lane 04-22-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Really?

I think 99% of people wanted Berry.

Dave Lane 04-22-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9614955)
no dude. If anyone here is short on the intelligence meter, it is the crowd like yourself that is on the geno or bust train.

And please, explain how what i said about Tom Brady being able to function in any system is inaccurate? HMMMMMMMMM?

Thats right, you cant. Off my nuts........

Looks like you are headed back to Chiefs Red my friend.

Mav 04-22-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9614986)
Looks like you are headed back to Chiefs Red my friend.

Oh nooooo!!! not chiefs red!!! oh god, the cool kids wont think im popular any more lol. Im here to talk football, its not my fault that you have to make shit personal because i dont jump on Geno's nuts, because i see what the rest of the football universe sees. Hes got a lot of work to do to become great. Hes small, hes limited, they arent sure if he can read a defense, and they arent sure if he is just a product of superior talent around him, Austin, Bailey, and a product of the system that requires him to make quick reads and short throws.

You can neg rep me to death. It isnt going to change the fact that on Thursday at 8/7central, you are going to hear, "With the first pick in the draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Luke Joeckell, offensive tackle, Texas A&M"

Hows that taste? Salty? Bitter? Yeah, thats what i thought clown.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-22-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9613590)

Evidence? I don't even know who the **** this hack is.

BlackHelicopters 04-22-2013 05:37 PM

Not drafting Geno will make the Chiefs irrelevant for decades. Oh wait..........

Pasta Little Brioni 04-22-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9614179)
You should change the quote to say "More of the same. WE WANT MORE OF THE SAME..."

No shit. Those kids look like the Tru Fan Army salivating over another team's leftover QB.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-22-2013 05:40 PM

Yep, a complete hack. Misleading thread title.

Hammock Parties 04-22-2013 05:55 PM

The "hash marks" argument is so stupid.

It can be literally used on ANY QB IN COLLEGE.

JoeyChuckles 04-22-2013 06:12 PM

When people keep mentioning a draft day trade for Albert, they mean the second day of the draft, correct? Nothing would happen on Thursday if they are not getting a first round pick, or am I off?

patteeu 04-22-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles (Post 9615147)
When people keep mentioning a draft day trade for Albert, they mean the second day of the draft, correct? Nothing would happen on Thursday if they are not getting a first round pick, or am I off?

It could go either way. Both teams have reason to want to know by the time they make their first pick in round one. But if it's not done then, there's no reason a deal can't still be reached during round 2.

Agent V 04-22-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9615001)
Oh nooooo!!! not chiefs red!!! oh god, the cool kids wont think im popular any more lol. Im here to talk football, its not my fault that you have to make shit personal because i dont jump on Geno's nuts, because i see what the rest of the football universe sees. Hes got a lot of work to do to become great. Hes small, hes limited, they arent sure if he can read a defense, and they arent sure if he is just a product of superior talent around him, Austin, Bailey, and a product of the system that requires him to make quick reads and short throws.

You can neg rep me to death. It isnt going to change the fact that on Thursday at 8/7central, you are going to hear, "With the first pick in the draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Luke Joeckell, offensive tackle, Texas A&M"

Hows that taste? Salty? Bitter? Yeah, thats what i thought clown.

'

NorthernWV 04-22-2013 06:40 PM

The chiefs said they'd make their pick 4 days before the draft, so I'm assuming they already know who is going #1

Mav 04-22-2013 07:17 PM

Kc Native- Its nice that you would wish death on someone because they dont share your view on a qb.

PGM- Yay, you and bewbies two of the biggest Geno cock Gobblers with your continual cock gobbling. Did i say something that wasnt true? No, I just stated the truth, which clearly, you cant handle.

Im not going anywhere. Just because you cant see that the Chiefs are building, because they arent cowing to your wishes and taking A QB, ANY QB, because thats what should be done, is not my fault.....