ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Buck Foston (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=246633)

Stewie 06-30-2011 06:09 AM

Buck Foston

NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J., June 28 (UPI) -- A New Jersey man said he has hired a constitutional lawyer for the potential fight over the planned name of his new bar -- Buck Foston's.

Larry Blatterfein of New Brunswick, a lifelong fan of Boston Red Sox rivals the New York Yankees, said the name is "all in fun" and designed to "engender an emotional response," the Boston Herald reported Tuesday.

However, he said Mayor Jim Cahill, an avowed Red Sox fan, is attempting to prevent the name by withholding a liquor license.

Blatterfein said he has hired a constitutional lawyer for a potential First Amendment court battle.

Okie_Apparition 06-30-2011 06:25 AM

Is CP Buck's last name Frees

Lex Luthor 06-30-2011 06:32 AM

I don't really have a problem with a mayor trying to ban a name that is obviously based on a word that most people consider obscene. It doesn't matter if he's a Red Sox fan or not. Larry Blatterfein needs to grow up.

blaise 06-30-2011 06:35 AM

Just name the bar something else and put up the, "Buck Foston" sign out front.

Does the bar sign have to match the name? I used to go to a bar that had no name on it at all.

BigRichard 06-30-2011 07:16 AM

Reported.

tooge 06-30-2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 7722723)
I don't really have a problem with a mayor trying to ban a name that is obviously based on a word that most people consider obscene. It doesn't matter if he's a Red Sox fan or not. Larry Blatterfein needs to grow up.

It's a great name for a rival sports bar. Don't be so effin serious

Dave Lane 06-30-2011 09:35 AM

Muck Fizzou!!!

RealSNR 06-30-2011 09:41 AM

This guy should be banned from the US. Word filter evasions are no joke

EDIT: Too late :grr:

JD10367 06-30-2011 10:11 AM

Hell, I'm from Boston and I think it's pretty funny.

Bump 06-30-2011 10:13 AM

I'd like to see a Muck Fizzou bar open up in Columbia, it would be awesome.

JD10367 06-30-2011 10:29 AM

The name works because "Buck" is a man's first name. So they really have no cause to gripe or make him change it. "Foston" is not a swear, and he apparently even wants to make it possessive so it truly looks like a name ("Buck Foston's"). Just let the guy do it, it's pretty clever.

Stewie 06-30-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

It's a far better name than the Mexican chain of restaurants on the west coast... "The Pink Taco."

loochy 06-30-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7723205)
It's a far better name than the Mexican chain of restaurants on the west coast... "The Pink Taco."

It's a better name than Sick Duck's.

Mr. Laz 06-30-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

lol wut?

the name isn't obscene and the mayor is being a douche

Lex Luthor 06-30-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7723099)
The name works because "Buck" is a man's first name. So they really have no cause to gripe or make him change it. "Foston" is not a swear, and he apparently even wants to make it possessive so it truly looks like a name ("Buck Foston's"). Just let the guy do it, it's pretty clever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7723566)
lol wut?

the name isn't obscene and the mayor is being a douche

The last time I checked, **** was considered to be an obscene word. The word is even censored on this forum. So don't pretend that nobody knows that Buck Foston really means **** Boston. **** Boston is offensive.

Some people aren't offended by the word. Others are.

Would the mayor be a douche if he prevented somebody from opening a bar named Nuck Figgers? How is that different?