ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Jared Allen competing with Chiefs for draft day business (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183043)

BigChiefFan 04-16-2008 12:20 PM

Jared Allen competing with Chiefs for draft day business

There's not much to it, but I've been seeing adds running for Jared Allen's bar, saying to come down for the draft day party. The Chiefs obviously SELL TICKETS to their draft day, JA is giving away tickets for free for his place. Anybody else find this amusing?

Ebolapox 04-16-2008 12:21 PM

sh*t, I'd pay to drink a few and see jared allen get drunk and fuck up the rest of his nfl career

:shake:

Reerun_KC 04-16-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 4687819)
sh*t, I'd pay to drink a few and see jared allen get drunk and fuck up Carl and Herm....
:shake:

:clap:

J Diddy 04-16-2008 12:25 PM

No trying to drum business up, it's what bars do

BigChiefFan 04-16-2008 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 4687825)
No trying to drum business up, it's what bars do

Specifically for the DRAFT DAY, though?

Ebolapox 04-16-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 4687823)
:clap:

oh, that too. it just seems insane to me that a former alcoholic/'supposed wildman/partier' trying to KICK said habit should actually own a bar.

that's like having a crackhead as the head of your organization. even if he IS trying to quit, his co-dependence on the drug will inevitably lead him to dip back in, and soon the profits will be exiting the bank and entering his dealer's pocket.

InChiefsHeaven 04-16-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 4687828)

Yes. He knows, and so do the Chiefs, that there will be many more people going to draft day parties than they can accommodate. I seriously doubt the Chiefs draft day thing will be empty because Jared Allen is having a party at his bar...

Skip Towne 04-16-2008 12:28 PM

I hope he puts the Chiefs out of business.

InChiefsHeaven 04-16-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 4687831)
oh, that too. it just seems insane to me that a former alcoholic/'supposed wildman/partier' trying to KICK said habit should actually own a restaurant.

that's like having a crackhead as the head of your organization. even if he IS trying to quit, his co-dependence on the drug will inevitably lead him to dip back in, and soon the profits will be exiting the bank and entering his dealer's pocket.

Alice Cooper is an alcoholic, but he owns a bar...just because you want to make money off of it doesn't mean you will be partaking in it...

J Diddy 04-16-2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 4687828)

do you think this would not be a big day for a sportsbar?

|Zach| 04-16-2008 12:32 PM

The Chiefs draft thing isn't really that big of deal...

beach tribe 04-16-2008 12:34 PM

KC is a football town. Selling Beer is a business people. What? Are they not supposed to try and get people in the door?

Reerun_KC 04-16-2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 4687831)
oh, that too. it just seems insane to me that a former alcoholic/'supposed wildman/partier' trying to KICK said habit should actually own a restaurant.

QFT

Hopefully JA can keep it clean.. But I do like the nice little jabs at Carl and the Chiefs...

by far my favorite player...

Reerun_KC 04-16-2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 4687842)
The Chiefs draft thing isn't really that big of deal.../ Sincerely Carl

:(

Ebolapox 04-16-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 4687836)
Alice Cooper is an alcoholic, but he owns a bar...just because you want to make money off of it doesn't mean you will be partaking in it...

alice cooper also isn't on the verge of a year long suspension. I realize that people do quit every day. and some of them actually succeed long term. but, from watching my dad try to kick alcoholism (which runs in my family), you never put complete faith in an alcoholic to kick it for good until they're dead. and to put yourself in the environment repeatedly is just begging for problems. (remember, he has said in the past that he wants to run it like sam malone did the bar in 'cheers.')