ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why the Chiefs are a great franchise (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271002)

ChiefBoyRDEE 03-11-2013 03:59 PM

Why the Chiefs are a great franchise

post your favorite reason - for me i view the club as a real classic

classic uniforms
classic stadium atmosphere
classic rivalries
classic finals (the early Super Bowls)

RealSNR 03-11-2013 04:00 PM

BEST-SMELLING PARKING LOT IN THE LEAGUE

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-11-2013 04:01 PM

Please contain your spooge to DC.

The Franchise 03-11-2013 04:02 PM

I'm so glad that 100 posts is the threshold for starting threads.

Direckshun 03-11-2013 04:04 PM

This will not end well.

You'd think it would, if you were a n00b. But the rest of us know better.

ChiefBoyRDEE 03-11-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9486141)
I'm so glad that 100 posts is the threshold for starting threads.

that was funny!

RealSNR 03-11-2013 04:05 PM

I love that they don't pull any punches and waste our time with rookie QBs who bust out of the league.

ChiefBoyRDEE 03-11-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9486149)
This will not end well.

You'd think it would, if you were a n00b. But the rest of us know better.

don't worry, i'm only a n00b in part, i fully understand what is going to happen with this one and i'm fine with it

ChiefBoyRDEE 03-11-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9486157)
I love that they don't pull any punches and waste our time with rookie QBs who bust out of the league.

well time will tell but, as you know, my bet is against Geno busting anything except maybe his bank account

RealSNR 03-11-2013 04:06 PM

I love all the crazy fans like BarrysKOOLAID

ChiefBoyRDEE 03-11-2013 04:06 PM

my first football memory (yes, i am old) is of the Chiefs beating the Vikings in the Super Bowl

a classic

Sorter 03-11-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBoyRDEE (Post 9486163)
well time will tell but, as you know, my bet is against Geno busting anything except maybe his bank account

I'll bite because I'm bored. Why exactly do you feel Geno won't be productive?

Chief_For_Life58 03-11-2013 04:11 PM

Best parking lot prices in the country!!!!

In58men 03-11-2013 04:12 PM

Super clean hallways and a very young staff. Nobody over 30.

Chief_For_Life58 03-11-2013 04:13 PM

The Chiefs are the best franchise because we have the long bathtub style urinals in all the mens bathrooms

ChiefBoyRDEE 03-11-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9486170)
I'll bite because I'm bored. Why exactly do you feel Geno won't be productive?

poor footwork, inconsistent accuracy with high throws, good speed but not a RG3 type guy, not going to kill other teams running

above all else, not polished and not ready, putting him on a rebuilding team and throwing him at the wolves is not a recipe for success

ChiefBoyRDEE 03-11-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9486180)
Super clean hallways and a very young staff. Nobody over 30.

winner winner chicken dinner!!!

Fish 03-11-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9486184)
The Chiefs are the best franchise because we have the long bathtub style urinals in all the mens bathrooms

Except they took those out......

R8RFAN 03-11-2013 04:27 PM

Some of the funniest fans in the NFL....

Fish 03-11-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBoyRDEE (Post 9486187)
poor footwork, inconsistent accuracy with high throws, good speed but not a RG3 type guy, not going to kill other teams running

above all else, not polished and not ready, putting him on a rebuilding team and throwing him at the wolves is not a recipe for success

Why do you think he has poor footwork?

What are you basing claims of inconsistency on?

Because I don't think any of that was your own analysis.

ChiefBoyRDEE 03-11-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9486222)
Why do you think he has poor footwork?

What are you basing claims of inconsistency on?

Because I don't think any of that was your own analysis.

watching him moving around in the pocket, seeing him sailing lots of balls high

Fish 03-11-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBoyRDEE (Post 9486260)
watching him moving around in the pocket, seeing him sailing lots of balls high

Your response confirms my suspicions.

ChiefBoyRDEE 03-11-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9486269)
Your response confirms my suspicions.

and what might those be?

Strongside 03-11-2013 04:50 PM

THE CHIEFS ARE THE BEST FRANCHISE IN THE WORLD....at ripping my heart straight out of my ass.

notorious 03-11-2013 04:50 PM

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.50490...13988&pid=15.1

O RLY?

Sorter 03-11-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBoyRDEE (Post 9486187)

Footwork is an issue, albeit one that can be corrected. However, his footwork in regards to sliding and resetting within the pocket is elite.

The inconsistent accuracy with "high" (I assume you meant deep) throws can be attributed to a few factors but are primarily due to footwork.

The speed factor isn't a relevant one, as it isn't exceptionally relevant to his style of play and is more of a bonus. He's a pure pocket QB that has solid but not elite speed, ala Aaron Rodgers.

As for the last part, nearly all Qbs are ready to start for teams. I've made the Andy Dalton post so much, it kills me to type it but consider this.

Andy Dalton, who has less tools than Geno and played at TCU, was able to start immediately for a team that was considered by most to be absolutely horrific. He has been able to make the playoffs his first 2 years in the AFCN, which his first year had three post season participants (one made the AFCG and this year, won a SB). Additionally, Dalton's time in the NFL has been spent with an OC from the Arena League.

To think that Geno couldn't have success in the AFCW with the Chiefs staff and the way QBs are ready to play in this league immediately, there is no reason to think that Geno would be "thrown to the wolves". In fact, there's plenty of reasons to think that him starting this year would be extremely beneficial in multiple regards.

RealSNR 03-11-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9486306)
Footwork is an issue, albeit one that can be corrected. However, his footwork in regards to sliding and resetting within the pocket is elite.

The inconsistent accuracy with "high" (I assume you meant deep) throws can be attributed to a few factors but are primarily due to footwork.

The speed factor isn't a relevant one, as it isn't exceptionally relevant to his style of play and is more of a bonus. He's a pure pocket QB that has solid but not elite speed, ala Aaron Rodgers.

As for the last part, nearly all Qbs are ready to start for teams. I've made the Andy Dalton post so much, it kills me to type it but consider this.

Andy Dalton, who has less tools than Geno and played at TCU, was able to start immediately for a team that was considered by most to be absolutely horrific. He has been able to make the playoffs his first 2 years in the AFCN, which his first year had three post season participants (one made the AFCG and this year, won a SB). Additionally, Dalton's time in the NFL has been spent with an OC from the Arena League.

To think that Geno couldn't have success in the AFCW with the Chiefs staff and the way QBs are ready to play in this league immediately, there is no reason to think that Geno would be "thrown to the wolves". In fact, there's plenty of reasons to think that him starting this year would be extremely beneficial in multiple regards.

A QB will get thrown to the wolves if he's not properly groomed so we should let him sit and learn behind a veteran who will teach him how to not get killed behind a swiss cheese offensive line, and then maybe ChefBoyRDEE can spout some more tiresome cliches about QBs to try to sound smart.

Chief_For_Life58 03-11-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9486213)

what?!?!? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Pasta Little Brioni 03-11-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Meat Peaker?

Pasta Little Brioni 03-11-2013 05:16 PM

Every player that puts on the Red and Gold becomes a SUPASTAR!!

TribalElder 03-11-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

The trough Pete Rose
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpJDTNCNr5E

Rasputin 03-11-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

True Story: During our epic blow out win (end of first quarter) against the Atlanta Falcons with Mike Vick as their QB a guy wearing a #7 Vick jersey was using the urinal you mention and people were yelling at him "pinch it off Vick" LMAO

Good times.

notorious 03-11-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9486378)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IpJDTNCNr5E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BlackHelicopters 03-11-2013 05:38 PM

Reason? Listening devices in offices at One Arrowhead Drive have been removed with regime change.

Chief_For_Life58 03-11-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9486392)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IpJDTNCNr5E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

that was the best 6 seconds of my life

KC_Lee 03-11-2013 06:16 PM

The Chiefs like to think of thier fan's wallets too by eliminating the need to buy more than one playoff ticket the years they make the playoffs and have a home game.

It really helps a fan's bottom line and budget knowing that they only need to purchase one playoff ticket.

ChiefBoyRDEE 03-12-2013 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9486319)
A QB will get thrown to the wolves if he's not properly groomed so we should let him sit and learn behind a veteran who will teach him how to not get killed behind a swiss cheese offensive line, and then maybe ChefBoyRDEE can spout some more tiresome cliches about QBs to try to sound smart.

agree with that, if Geno gets taken then it would be very good if he sits for a while, McNabb didn't start until the last 5 or 6 games his 1st year which worked well, QBs need to gain confidence and it would be really good if the new coaching staff / Oline / O are in sync and working before throwing in a rookie QB, exactly my point on that topic

it is all too easy to accuse someone of using cliches, how about we see how you can do? give us your assessment of the key points AND don't use any cliches

ChiefBoyRDEE 03-12-2013 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9486559)
The Chiefs like to think of thier fan's wallets too by eliminating the need to buy more than one playoff ticket the years they make the playoffs and have a home game.

It really helps a fan's bottom line and budget knowing that they only need to purchase one playoff ticket.

too ****ing funny!

Ace Gunner 03-12-2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBoyRDEE (Post 9486128)
post your favorite reason - for me i view the club as a real classic

classic uniforms
classic stadium atmosphere
classic rivalries
classic finals (the early Super Bowls)

??? plural form ???

now back to Geno

RealSNR 03-12-2013 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBoyRDEE (Post 9487671)
agree with that, if Geno gets taken then it would be very good if he sits for a while, McNabb didn't start until the last 5 or 6 games his 1st year which worked well, QBs need to gain confidence and it would be really good if the new coaching staff / Oline / O are in sync and working before throwing in a rookie QB, exactly my point on that topic

it is all too easy to accuse someone of using cliches, how about we see how you can do? give us your assessment of the key points AND don't use any cliches

Key points of what?

Mr_Tomahawk 03-12-2013 05:46 AM

Hello friends! Lets slap hands and smile fun times!

ChiefBoyRDEE 03-12-2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9487706)
Key points of what?

of your analysis of Geno and why you want him without using any cliches

CoMoChief 03-12-2013 06:11 AM

They have AFL history w/ Hunt etc.

Most of the franchises' great players come from the 60s-70s

Sadly they haven't done shit since.....I wouldn't call that great.

RealSNR 03-12-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBoyRDEE (Post 9487710)
of your analysis of Geno and why you want him without using any cliches

Have you seen my Geno threads? I'm not wasting time typing out a response just for you. What if I prepared a specially-crafted response for every single reeruned Geno hater out there?

007 03-12-2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9487728)
Have you seen my Geno threads? I'm not wasting time typing out a response just for you. What if I prepared a specially-crafted response for every single reeruned Geno hater out there?

That would be entertaining.

Crush 03-12-2013 07:43 AM

3-12 in playoff games since Super Bowl IV. w00t

Rausch 03-12-2013 07:52 AM

The Chiefs are a historic franchise - not a great franchise...

RyFo18 03-12-2013 07:57 AM

Because I'm a masochist.

Graystoke 03-12-2013 08:50 AM

The reason I love the Chiefs is because Blue is my favorite color.

lcarus 03-12-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9486213)

I kinda miss them tbh. Don't know why. Pissing in a troth kinda had a medieval feel to it, like we were at a gladiator battle or something.

Deberg_1990 03-12-2013 09:00 AM

Because we have the loudest stadium and best fans in the NFL!

/signed Carl Peterson
Posted via Mobile Device

lcarus 03-12-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9487960)
Because we have the loudest stadium and best fans in the NFL!

/signed Carl Peterson
Posted via Mobile Device

Lol. I will say, when the fans are into it and the stadium is packed, there's nothing like it. Seattle can go **** itself.

AdumbGuy 03-12-2013 09:15 AM

Well, this is depressing. Even during the worst of the Vermeil era, I would've argued with Pol Pot himself about how the Chiefs were the greatest team in the history of molecules. Now. well... shit.

They're still red, mostly.

stumppy 03-12-2013 09:29 AM

The Chiefs are the kind of team you can stay with for a lifetime.

Because you'll never have that "finally, we did it" feeling. They provide no closure. :-)

kcxiv 03-12-2013 09:54 AM

They are not

Molitoth 03-12-2013 09:56 AM

I'd create a thread titled "why the chiefs are a terrible franchise"...but the remarks in this thread pretty much show that regardless.

The Chiefs are not anywhere close to a great franchise.

Dayze 03-12-2013 10:17 AM

no Lot Parking Signs.

ChiefBoyRDEE 03-12-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9487728)

a total cop out, you call me out, neg me a bunch of rep points, and blast me for my analysis and use of cliches

you do that right here in this thread

bottom line is that you can't put together an analysis without the cliches

RealSNR 03-12-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBoyRDEE (Post 9489978)
a total cop out, you call me out, neg me a bunch of rep points, and blast me for my analysis and use of cliches

When did I use cliches? I SPECIFICALLY avoid terms like "groom" and "he'll get killed behind that line" and "sign veteran QB as a mentor" when talking about young QBs.

Seriously. Go to the Geno Smith thread. I imagine on any one page you'll find an argument that applies to this, especially if you check out the early pages of the old thread.

ChiefBoyRDEE 03-12-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9489992)
When did I use cliches? I SPECIFICALLY avoid terms like "groom" and "he'll get killed behind that line" and "sign veteran QB as a mentor" when talking about young QBs.

Seriously. Go to the Geno Smith thread. I imagine on any one page you'll find an argument that applies to this, especially if you check out the early pages of the old thread.

did i say you used cliches? i said that you called me out in this thread and accused me of using cliches and that the fact that you won't produce an analysis in this thread without cliches leads me to believe that you can't do it

alternately, point me to the posts where you accomplished it, the POSTS please, not the thread

Sorter 03-12-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBoyRDEE (Post 9489978)

That is just untrue.

ChiefBoyRDEE 03-12-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9490012)
That is just untrue.

"you" meaning the poster in question

he probably can do it but IMHO he needs to produce after calling me out like he did

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-12-2013 04:53 PM

It's one of the worst franchises in professional sports, and definitely in the NFL. The Bengals are a better franchise. The Cardinals are a better franchise. The only franchise that can match the Chiefs are the Browns, and they have at least tried to draft and develop multiple first round QBs.

I'd say the thing that puts the Chiefs over the top is the ignorance of its fans, who believe that the team is actually a good NFL franchise. Not a mediocre one, but a good one. Browns and Lions fans at least recognize their teams are shit. The Chiefs have a combination of terrible ownership and the dumbest fans of any major professional sports team.

Sorter 03-12-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBoyRDEE (Post 9490089)
"you" meaning the poster in question

he probably can do it but IMHO he needs to produce after calling me out like he did

He already has produced. Like, from September until February.

It would behoove you to go and ready some of the original and the new Geno thread.

Ebolapox 03-12-2013 04:54 PM

Sigh.

I just don't know anymore. it's like that mildly attractive girl you used to crush on... then she starts whoring around and ends up on meth. then, she KINDA cleans herself up, but she now has herpes and HIV--is she worth it if she wants to **** you now? not really, but part of you is nostalgic for that one time that she winked at you when she took the pudding off of your tray at lunch... you ****ing hated it (YOU ****ING WANTED THAT PUDDING), but... she's cute, so she can get away with that shit.

except now, you have HIV and herpes if you **** that... but you can't help it, SHE USED TO BE CUTE!

Direckshun 03-12-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9487834)
Because I'm a masochist.

ROFL

That's about the perfect answer.

BlackHelicopters 03-12-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9490112)
Sigh.

I just don't know anymore. it's like that mildly attractive girl you used to crush on... then she starts whoring around and ends up on meth. then, she KINDA cleans herself up, but she now has herpes and HIV--is she worth it if she wants to **** you now? not really, but part of you is nostalgic for that one time that she winked at you when she took the pudding off of your tray at lunch... you ****ing hated it (YOU ****ING WANTED THAT PUDDING), but... she's cute, so she can get away with that shit.

except now, you have HIV and herpes if you **** that... but you can't help it, SHE USED TO BE CUTE!

HIV and Herpes? Damn.

whoman69 03-12-2013 05:28 PM

Chiefs are a great franchise? Still living off the rep of their first decade and the 90s?

Thig Lyfe 03-12-2013 05:48 PM

The Chiefs are not a great franchise. In fact, I would go so far as to say that they are a terrible franchise. One of the shittiest in all of sports. But the people that run it are evil geniuses who are at least able to disguise their incompetence in a way that the Browns, Clippers, Royals, etc. never have.

Ebolapox 03-12-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9490236)
HIV and Herpes? Damn.

yep. AND gonorrhea.

ChiefBoyRDEE 03-13-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9490106)
He already has produced. Like, from September until February.

It would behoove you to go and ready some of the original and the new Geno thread.

wrong, if he comes in here into this thread and trashes me then he needs to produce IN HERE or at least point me to A post in another thread

i've read plenty in the other threads, there are 100s of posts by 10s of posters, he needs to point me to his post(s) where he makes the non-cliched analysis

it is really quite simple and you know it

--------

last word is yours/his

BigChiefFan 03-13-2013 12:18 AM

Chiefs aren't a great franchise. They're abyssmal and ran like shit.

007 03-13-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBoyRDEE (Post 9492028)
wrong, if he comes in here into this thread and trashes me then he needs to produce IN HERE or at least point me to A post in another thread

i've read plenty in the other threads, there are 100s of posts by 10s of posters, he needs to point me to his post(s) where he makes the non-cliched analysis

it is really quite simple and you know it

--------

last word is yours/his

He has told you where to go to get all the information you are asking for. He doesn't have to do a damned thing for you in this thread. Get over yourself.

ChiefBoyRDEE 03-13-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9492052)
He has told you where to go to get all the information you are asking for. He doesn't have to do a damned thing for you in this thread. Get over yourself.

total bull shit, i'm on lots of boards and you don't come into another thread an attack someone and then defend by saying "go check out the rest of the board"

he doesn't have to answer in here but he has to at least tell me what post to look at, there are 100s or even 1000s of posts in those threads

i'm happy to be crushed in here for being a n00b, i expect it, but this line of reasoning is complete BS

AussieChiefsFan 03-13-2013 01:14 AM

The tradition of drafting a Quarterback in the first round.

themanwithnoname 03-13-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBoyRDEE (Post 9492094)
total bull shit, i'm on lots of boards and you don't come into another thread an attack someone and then defend by saying "go check out the rest of the board"

he doesn't have to answer in here but he has to at least tell me what post to look at, there are 100s or even 1000s of posts in those threads

i'm happy to be crushed in here for being a n00b, i expect it, but this line of reasoning is complete BS

Jesus H Christ no one ****ing cares about you getting disrespected or whatever the **** you're going on about.