ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink New cooking methods ... sous vide (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243228)

Phobia 03-26-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7519084)
I might start a thread on Thai curry.

Which one? Lordy - that's a wide open area there.

cdcox 03-26-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7519081)
slew rate?

Nyquist frequency

Fire Me Boy! 03-26-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7519083)
Heh. I figured I'd hook somebody. I just didn't expect it to be you.

Ah. I guess I just don't get trolling. Seems like a waste of time when you could actually join the conversation and add something useful.

:shrug:

Just Passin' By 03-26-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 7519082)
Lol. Have you read the thread? There's been one poster who claimed to know anything at that was Phobia who was trolling anyway.

Yes, I've read the thread. I knew a (very) little about Sous Vide from cooking shows and a trip to Europe, but I don't know anything about the home version, which is what Fire Me Boy! is talking about. I was saying that I suspect that's about par for the course on any board that's not specifically oriented to cooking, since it's something that's new to the home.

Baby Lee 03-26-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 7519090)
Nyquist frequency

e^2*2pi*f0*n*j*t

Phobia 03-26-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 7519091)
Ah. I guess I just don't get trolling. Seems like a waste of time when you could actually join the conversation and add something useful.

:shrug:

It's a last resort. I didn't have anything useful so I trolled.

Just Passin' By 03-26-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7519089)
Which one? Lordy - that's a wide open area there.

I'm probably going to start with a Massaman.

HMc 03-26-2011 08:59 PM

Again, it isn't clear whether you've cooked up a batch of meth in the thing which has impaired your judgement, but the likelihood that you were going to get any hits on this method here were...slim to none, and slim just left town.

There are people on here that still kill their own food.

HMc 03-26-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7519094)
Yes, I've read the thread. I knew a (very) little about Sous Vide from cooking shows and a trip to Europe, but I don't know anything about the home version, which is what Fire Me Boy! is talking about. I was saying that I suspect that's about par for the course on any board that's not specifically oriented to cooking, since it's something that's new to the home.

And what point do you suppose I was making?

Fire Me Boy! 03-26-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 7519100)
Again, it isn't clear whether you've cooked up a batch of meth in the thing which has impaired your judgement, but the likelihood that you were going to get any hits on this method here were...slim to none, and slim just left town.

There are people on here that still kill their own food.

Do you read or am I writing sentences like kcnut?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 7519078)
I know, but this board never ceases to amaze, so I thought I'd give it a shot, and if not, then I'd share my experiences.

HMc 03-26-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 7519102)
Do you read or am I writing sentences like kcnut?

Great. It will be just you and your experiences then, along with some token "sounds great!" comments, as no one else knows dick all about it, and you're unhappy with the trolling.

Fire Me Boy! 03-26-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 7519105)
Great. It will be just you and your experiences then, along with some token "sounds great!" comments, as no one else knows dick all about it, and you're unhappy with the trolling.

Feel free to GTFO then. No one's keeping you here.

Just Passin' By 03-26-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 7519101)
And what point do you suppose I was making?

You were relating the number of people who'd know to the CCW, slick. My point is that your correlation there is a poor one, given how relatively few people in the U.S., on any thread, are going to no about this stuff.

I'd speculate that, on this board, you could find people who have knowledge about many of world's cuisines. Not everyone here is going to be confined to possum and squirrel.

Phobia 03-26-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7519099)
I'm probably going to start with a Massaman.

Best Massaman I've ever had was with seafood and a departure from tradition with avacado wedges.

Just Passin' By 03-26-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7519108)
Best Massaman I've ever had was with seafood and a departure from tradition with avacado wedges.

Thai/Mexican fusion, or just a general twist on the basic idea?