ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs John Dorsey coming up next on NFL Network (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270280)

O.city 02-22-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9425493)
He's inarticulate as ****, and this is likely coloring our opinions. He's the LB-GM version of Herm without the humor and softness.

Our last Gm was very articulate and he sucked.

I don't care if Dorsey stutters and has to use sign language so the flop sweats aren't noticable, if he wins, hooray.

RunKC 02-22-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9425495)
Poe is gonna wreck shit in a 1-gap.

He's raw but he's a rare specimen.

God I hope so.

Mr. Laz 02-22-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9425495)
Poe is gonna wreck shit in a 1-gap.

He's raw but he's a rare specimen.

I know people don't want to hear this but i think Tjax would be dramatically better in a 1-gap scheme as well.

*ducks and runs*

FRCDFED 02-22-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightrise (Post 9425494)
The Chiefs are not going to look anything like the Chiefs in two years. This is going to be a blue collar rebuilding effort - hopefully somebody else is working the spreadsheet though.

Unfortunately, to reverse a culture of losing you have to rid yourself of most of the participants.

DTLB58 02-22-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9425438)
A lot of football guys view Albert as a LT.

The art of not answering the question. :grr:

htismaqe 02-22-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9425509)
I know people don't want to hear this but i think Tjax would be dramatically better in a 1-gap scheme as well.

*ducks and runs*

I'd rather keep Jackson than draft another damn DE.

Hammock Parties 02-22-2013 12:10 PM

I don't care if Dorsey is blunt as ****.

***** was a ****ing charlatan and was constantly trying to snake-tongue the media.

Dorsey doesn't give a ****. He knows his job is based on decisions, not being Slick McDick.

ptlyon 02-22-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

*ducks and runs*

Come back here you!!! :cuss:

-King- 02-22-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9425459)
John Dorsey might be a dickhead. I can't quite decide just yet.

He just stomped all over some woman that asked him about his previous interview on QBs. He's an interesting guy, but I could see him becoming quite the Napoleon.

Now if he puts that energy towards the bettering the football team rather than cleaning the halls and consolidating power, I can live with it. But I don't get the impression that Dorsey has much of a bedside manner.

I absolutely hate hearing him talk. Hes worse than Pioli. Pioli was at least tolerable. Dorsey is unbearable.

But if he makes good picks, how he talks to the media wont mean shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz 02-22-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9425521)

me too ... it's going to take a major drop in $ though.

most players won't take a 60% cut in pay with their existing team

I think they feel embarrassed about it ... they would rather move to another team and take a 70% cut.

Mr. Laz 02-22-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9425526)
Come back here you!!! :cuss:

http://www.hazelwoodschools.org/Scho...mages/run4.gif

BigCatDaddy 02-22-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Not at his current price tag.

DJ's left nut 02-22-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9425493)
He's inarticulate as ****, and this is likely coloring our opinions. He's the LB-GM version of Herm without the humor and softness.

He just doesn't have any tact.

"Well let me tell you something..." is the verbal equivalent of drawing back your fist. I mean damn, you don't have to go to executive training to know that.

I'm not going to say that it will interfere with his ability to be a great GM - afterall, that attitude and style can be put to good use if it's directed in the right fashion.

But it is certainly different and is probably going to be offputting to many of us at times.

If he doesn't win in the next 3 years, just wait - he'll get that 'arrogant prick' tag just as badly as Pioli did.

It's just something worth watching, that's all. If he handles everyone like that, he's going to have some unhappy staff and I'd really hate to see that. I think that's part of the problem with the Pioli regime, that poison atmosphere really does trickle down to all parts of the team, including the roster. I hope we don't have that again, even if it's by accident.

mnchiefsguy 02-22-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

I am only okay with keeping Jackson if he takes a major, major, paycut. No way is Jackson worth 14 million next year.

DJ's left nut 02-22-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

*ducks and runs*

Every D-Lineman will be better in a 1-gap; they're asked to be more aggressive.

That said, I don't see anything in Jax skill-set to suggest he's better suited for a 1-gap. His first step isn't great, he has no pass-rushing moves to speak of and he isn't exactly smart about play recognition so he'll get abused by misdirection if allowed to just aggressively pursue.

Oh sure, he'll probably be more productive, but his skill-set is still better suited to a 2-gap. He's just a lousy draft pick all-around.