ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why has Cassel Regressed since 2010? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264603)

Deberg_1990 10-03-2012 07:17 AM

Why has Cassel Regressed since 2010?

Now, I think we can all agree that while not great, he was at least serviceable in 2010, even decent in spurts. What did Weis/Haley do that got better production out of him? Most importantly, he didn’t turn the ball over nearly as much. What was their secret and what is different now?

Bane 10-03-2012 07:19 AM

His suck is tred of hiding.

Hammock Parties 10-03-2012 07:22 AM

He hasn't.

He has always played like dog shit against good teams, or when the Chiefs struggle to run the ball, or when the defense struggles.

That's the entire premise of The Declaration of Independence, MO.

Read it. Know it. Love it.

He is doing what he has always done.

The guy has been a sack of shit here outside of a handful of games in 2010, and a few in 2011 against utterly awful teams.

FAX 10-03-2012 07:23 AM

Hmmm. Good question.

Well, it could be because Bowe was not in camp which precluded any opportunity to develop timing with his primary receiver. Or, it could be that the changes in the offensive line have caused him to be uncomfortable for the first few games. Or, it could be that he has physically peaked. Or, it could be that what we saw in 2010 was the aberration and what we're seeing now is the real, unvarnished Cassel going against defenses that have him totally figured out since all they have to do is stack the box and dare him to make a throw over 15 yards.

FAX

Lonewolf Ed 10-03-2012 07:24 AM

He peaked then and is on the decline now? Hell, I don't know...

Bewbies 10-03-2012 07:26 AM

How many teams did he play that had a winning record? How wild did Jamal Charles run?

The guy sucks. Ass. And our GM thinks he can win a Super Bowl with him.

FAX 10-03-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8972614)
How many teams did he play that had a winning record? How wild did Jamal Charles run?

The guy sucks. Ass. And our GM thinks he can win a Super Bowl with him.

Apparently not anymore. It looks like he now believes Cassel to be a backup - not a starting-caliber quarterback. Funny how that happened.

FAX

Chiefnj2 10-03-2012 07:30 AM

He might be the most mentally fragile QB in the NFL.

IMO he found a level of comfort in Weis that he hasn't had since. By all accounts he was the best player in training camp. Without game day pressure even Cassel haters were saying he looked good in camp. Preseason and regular season rolls around and he continues to regress. I mean, he can't even accurately dump the ball off anymore. They don't even try to go downfield with 8 guys in the box.

beach tribe 10-03-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8972618)
Apparently not anymore. It looks like he now believes Cassel to be a backup - not a starting-caliber quarterback. Funny how that happened.

FAX

And he ALWAYS thought so. LMAO

suds79 10-03-2012 07:30 AM

• Jamaal Charles putting in his usual 6. something YPC
  • The D playing well
  • Most stat padded season ever. Remember how few TDs Jamaal had that year? That's because anything from the 3 in where play action TD passes.

It was all fools gold. He's always been this.

BoneKrusher 10-03-2012 07:33 AM

the other 52 players on this roster figured out they are doomed with him as the starter.

KC_Lee 10-03-2012 07:35 AM

He's nothing more than a borderline back up QB that had on good season when he was surrounded with great talent and great coaching. Once he was put into the position to be the leader he crapped his pants.

FAX 10-03-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8972622)

IMO he found a level of comfort in Weis that he hasn't had since. By all accounts he was the best player in training camp. Without game day pressure even Cassel haters were saying he looked good in camp. Preseason and regular season rolls around and he continues to regress. I mean, he can't even accurately dump the ball off anymore. They don't even try to go downfield with 8 guys in the box.

I don't know, Mr. Chiefnj2. We have pretty solid reports from Babb and others that Weis threw up his hands on Cassel. If that's true, I don't see how Weis would offer any comfort to him at all.

As for the problem you mention regarding accurately dumping off the ball, I mean ... wow ... it's so true and so ... well ... just ... wow.

FAX

Bewbies 10-03-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

People blasted me when I said this is exactly what would happen. Same shit every year. Camp stud, regular season pussy.

WV 10-03-2012 07:37 AM

2010 was the engagement, now we're married.

rockymtnchief 10-03-2012 07:38 AM

Palko stole his mojo and hid it in Al Capones vault.

tredadda 10-03-2012 07:41 AM

In 2010 we played one of the easiest schedules in recent memory against teams with subpar defenses for the most part. Jamaal Charles had one of the best running seasons ever for a RB. Those factors played a large role in his 2010 "Pro Bowl" season.

RealSNR 10-03-2012 07:42 AM

Quit holding up 2010 like Cassel was Brady, Rodgers, Eli, etc. He wasn't. The dude still sucked. He's the same piece of shit now as he was then.

FAX 10-03-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8972641)
People blasted me when I said this is exactly what would happen. Same shit every year. Camp stud, regular season pussy.

All we heard during camp was how Cassel had improved dramatically and was impressing everybody. Heck, Zorn was practically slavering with praise for the guy.

Maybe he simply blew his wad in that first half against Atlanta and now he just wants to sleep?

FAX

Chiefnj2 10-03-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8972660)
Quit holding up 2010 like Cassel was Brady, Rodgers, Eli, etc. He wasn't. The dude still sucked. He's the same piece of shit now as he was then.

Ridiculous. 27 TD to 7 INTs. Even with smoke and mirrors, a weak schedule and a great running game - those are good numbers.

Deberg_1990 10-03-2012 07:45 AM

I think Weis/Haley did a good job of protecting him. I think its been reported/mentioned that Weis dumbed down the system and worked on his mechanics as best he could. Basically got as much out of him as he possibly could. I do remember his mechanics and his throws seemed to be stronger in 2010.

RealSNR 10-03-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8972664)
Ridiculous. 27 TD to 7 INTs. Even with smoke and mirrors, a weak schedule and a great running game - those are good numbers.

Did he break 4000 yards? Did he beat any good teams? How many 300 yard games did he have? How many 4th quarter comebacks?

He had three good games against shitty rape fart St Louis, Seattle, and Tennessee. The rest were cock suckingly bad.

FAX 10-03-2012 07:47 AM

ROFL

I don't think Weis gave a damn one way or the other about Cassel. However, we do know that Haley brought out the ol' bitch slap the dude across the grill every time he throws an INT coaching technique. That had a direct effect on his turnover ratio.

FAX

suds79 10-03-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8972664)

Yes good numbers. But drastically inflated.

Coached with kid gloves to minimize mistakes. Then given easy TDs to try to pump up his confidence.

That's how you get to 27 TDs & 7 Ins.

tredadda 10-03-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8972669)
Did he break 4000 yards? Did he beat any good teams? How many 300 yard games did he have? How many 4th quarter comebacks?

He had three good games against shitty rape fart St Louis, Seattle, and Tennessee. The rest were cock suckingly bad.

Didn't he also light it up against Denver in garbage time of a blowout loss? I can't remember if that was 2010 or 2009.

Chiefnj2 10-03-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8972669)

Who cares if he broke 4000 yards. His 27:7 got the team to the post season. He's a god damn game manager at best and that's what he did. He didn't hurt the team. He didn't turn it over. He threw a bunch of red zone TDs. That's the best you can expect from him. And it was much better than what he is doing this year.

JD10367 10-03-2012 07:53 AM

I don't think he's regressed. As Belichick says, "It is what it is." Cassel is just one of many NFL QBs who should remain as backups because they're simply not good enough to start. You have four types of QB: 1) stars who start, 2) decently solid guys who start but don't awe you, and who are probably borderline backups sometimes, 3) solid backups who are good enough to win a game but probably should never be a starter, and 4) suck-ass QBs who are cannon fodder and benchwarmers. Brady, Manning(s), Roethlisberger, Brees, Rivers? Obvious 1s. Most of the other starters? Borderline 1s but more obviously 2s. Cassel is between a 3 and a 4.

You know how a homely girl is said to have "a nice personality"? The NFL QB equivalent is when they say, "With a strong running game, good receivers, a good coach, and a good defense, he's good enough to win games for you." It's like me saying, "With a 15-inch dick, a hundred million bucks in the bank, and a Lamborghini, I'd be a great catch for a woman." It's the freaking NFL. ANY QUARTERBACK worth his jock should be able to win games with a strong run game, pass-catchers, coach, and D. Cassel was elevated by the talent around him in 2007 in New England. At the time, it was hard not to give Cassel credit because honestly there was no other benchmark; everyone assumed he must be pretty good. Turns out he isn't.

Chiefnj2 10-03-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8972675)
Coached with kid gloves to minimize mistakes. Then given easy TDs to try to pump up his confidence.

So what. That's all you can do with the guy. Haley, Muir and Daboll would have loved to have gotten that from Cassel.

Deberg_1990 10-03-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8972675)
Yes good numbers. But drastically inflated.

The main problem between then and now is the turnovers. With a guy like him that’s “limited” you almost certainly can not have the amount of turnovers he does now. His arm isn’t talented enough to dig himself or the team out of his mistakes.

lcarus 10-03-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8972600)
He hasn't.

He has always played like dog shit against good teams, or when the Chiefs struggle to run the ball, or when the defense struggles.

The guy has been a sack of shit here outside of a handful of games in 2010, and a few in 2011 against utterly awful teams.

Every time he actually makes a good play or throw, I absolutely shit myself. That's how rare it occurs. Shit fills my underpants. Like that TD to McCluster in the preseason game where he kind of span away from pressure and threw a nice ball. A relatively simple play that most good QBs make on a regular basis. He made it ONCE...and I shat.

Graystoke 10-03-2012 07:55 AM

It’s impossible to hide the deficiencies of Matt Cassell for longer then a season.
Easy schedule and Front Office propaganda even had Matt believing in himself for a little bit.

tredadda 10-03-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8972687)
I don't think he's regressed. As Belichick says, "It is what it is." Cassel is just one of many NFL QBs who should remain as backups because they're simply not good enough to start. You have four types of QB: 1) stars who start, 2) decently solid guys who start but don't awe you, and who are probably borderline backups sometimes, 3) solid backups who are good enough to win a game but probably should never be a starter, and 4) suck-ass QBs who are cannon fodder and benchwarmers. Brady, Manning(s), Roethlisberger, Brees, Rivers? Obvious 1s. Most of the other starters? Borderline 1s but more obviously 2s. Cassel is between a 3 and a 4.

You know how a homely girl is said to have "a nice personality"? The NFL QB equivalent is when they say, "With a strong running game, good receivers, a good coach, and a good defense, he's good enough to win games for you." It's like me saying, "With a 15-inch dick, a hundred million bucks in the bank, and a Lamborghini, I'd be a great catch for a woman." It's the freaking NFL. ANY QUARTERBACK worth his jock should be able to win games with a strong run game, pass-catchers, coach, and D. Cassel was elevated by the talent around him in 2007 in New England. At the time, it was hard not to give Cassel credit because honestly there was no other benchmark; everyone assumed he must be pretty good. Turns out he isn't.

:bravo:

Bane 10-03-2012 07:59 AM

Again **** Casshole and anyone that supports him in any capacity.He was a piece of shit in college,in NE and has been a piece of worthless shit as a Chief.He has zero leadership skills and should be working the drive thru at jack in the box from 11am-5.

Tribal Warfare 10-03-2012 07:59 AM

Daboll is new to the equation, and he's attempting to have Cassel play like a NFL QB and Matt is failing. There is also the simple fact that Cassel realizes that this season is make or break for him, and like always is folding under the pressure. Other words the guy doesn't have the head for the position like I've been saying since day 1.

FAX 10-03-2012 08:01 AM

There is another possible factor ... I've only seen a few quarters of play so far, so I don't know ... but, are the enemy defenses bringing early and consistent pressure on him? If so, that could explain a lot of things.

FAX

suds79 10-03-2012 08:01 AM

We've been blown out in 3 of our 4 games.

So Matt has to actually try to make plays to bring us back, like most QBs, and simply can't do it.

If the game is close, the D is playing well and Jamaal is doing what he normally does, Matt knows how to not screw it up. But that's about it.

FAX 10-03-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8972710)
We've been blown out in 3 of our 4 games.

So Matt has to actually try to make plays to bring us back, like most QBs, and simply can't do it.

If the game is close, the D is playing well and Jamaal is doing what he normally does, Matt knows how to not screw it up. But that's about it.

Good point. No lead means playing catch up. Playing catch up means playing catch. Not his forte.

FAX

Hammock Parties 10-03-2012 08:03 AM

Go back and watch that game in 2010 against Denver.

Running game? Sucked.

Defense? Sieve.

Cassel? Failing ultra ****ing hard until Denver went prevent.

What did he do against the Raiders in the season finale? Same ****ing shit.

Dude has always been fail, but Jamaal Charles and Charlie Weis could hide it against bad football teams.

Throw in bad games even when the rest of the team was doing well, like Buffalo 2010, and it wasn't hard to see what he was, and always will be.

A shitty ****ing QB.

tredadda 10-03-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8972709)
There is another possible factor ... I've only seen a few quarters of play so far, so I don't know ... but, are the enemy defenses bringing early and consistent pressure on him? If so, that could explain a lot of things.

FAX

They do that to all QBs unless said QB makes the defenses pay for it. The way to beat Manning was to get to him, Brady was the same way. More often than not they punished opposing defenses for it though.

RealSNR 10-03-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8972686)
Who cares if he broke 4000 yards. His 27:7 got the team to the post season. He's a god damn game manager at best and that's what he did. He didn't hurt the team. He didn't turn it over. He threw a bunch of red zone TDs. That's the best you can expect from him. And it was much better than what he is doing this year.

Who cares if he broke 4000 yards?

I ****ING DO.

It's really ****ing easy to win games and complete a high TD:INT ratio when Jamaal Charles slices through shitty rape defenses between the 20s, and all you have to do is throw above coverage in the red zone and let Dwayne Bowe go get it.

Or Moeaki, but if you're looking for a guy who's regressed, he's certainly one of the culprits.

2010 Cassel IS the same QB we see now.

Hammock Parties 10-03-2012 08:05 AM

Why did we get blown out against Baltimore?

Was it the D? No.

Was it Charles? No.

It's 10-7 in the middle of the third ****ing quarter. The third quarter, people!

Why? Cassel couldn't make a ****ing play to get us any points.

Why did we get blown out from that point forward?

Cassel started turning it over.

Same. ****ing. Guy.

Chiefnj2 10-03-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8972721)
Who cares if he broke 4000 yards?

I ****ING DO.

It's really ****ing easy to win games and complete a high TD:INT ratio when Jamaal Charles slices through shitty rape defenses between the 20s, and all you have to do is throw above coverage in the red zone and let Dwayne Bowe go get it.

Or Moeaki, but if you're looking for a guy who's regressed, he's certainly one of the culprits.

2010 Cassel IS the same QB we see now.

Why the **** are you expecting 4000 yards from Cassel? He's a game manager at best. Have realistic expectations.

He has more weapons this year and he is turning the ball over more. He can't manage the game. That is worse than 2010.

Chiefnj2 10-03-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8972723)
Why did we get blown out against Baltimore?

Was it the D? No.

Was it Charles? No.

It's 10-7 in the middle of the third ****ing quarter. The third quarter, people!

Why? Cassel couldn't make a ****ing play to get us any points.

Why did we get blown out from that point forward?

Cassel started turning it over.

Same. ****ing. Guy.

Cassel turned it over. So did Charles. So did Dex and the failed 4th down attempt.

Rasputin 10-03-2012 08:17 AM

We are no better off now than we were with Damon Huard as QB. That's all Cassell reminds me of is Damon Huard 2.0

Hammock Parties 10-03-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8972742)
We are no better off now than we were with Damon Huard as QB. That's all Cassell reminds me of is Damon Huard 2.0

Huard was better than Cassel. Shit, at least he could hit 60 percent.

bevischief 10-03-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 8972643)
2010 was the engagement, now we're married.

LMAO

RealSNR 10-03-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8972735)
Why the **** are you expecting 4000 yards from Cassel? He's a game manager at best. Have realistic expectations.

He has more weapons this year and he is turning the ball over more. He can't manage the game. That is worse than 2010.

That's my point. Game manager in 2010. Game manager now. The ONLY difference at all is the level of competition he faced. That's it.

HemiEd 10-03-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8972591)
Now, I think we can all agree that while not great, he was at least serviceable in 2010, even decent in spurts. What did Weis/Haley do that got better production out of him? Most importantly, he didn’t turn the ball over nearly as much. What was their secret and what is different now?

He hasn't regressed, he sucked then also.

He has one and a half good games as a Chief in 4 years. 2010 at Seattle, and the first half this season against Atlanta.

That is it, Jamaal Charles can be credited for the rest of the success of 2010.

BoneKrusher 10-03-2012 08:21 AM

he is who we thought he was:
http://i48.tinypic.com/301zr0y.png

Rasputin 10-03-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8972745)
Huard was better than Cassel. Shit, at least he could hit 60 percent.

Shit, that makes even worse because Huard was on a shit team then and Cassell is the one making this team shit. I didn't like Huard and I hated Cassell as a Patrifart. Did not want to begin with. Why the **** did Pioli give Cassell that 63mil contract before he did anything as a Chief to earn it. He hasn't earned min vet sallary imo.

HemiEd 10-03-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8972629)
the other 52 players on this roster figured out they are doomed with him as the starter.

There is a lot of truth to that IMO.

BoneKrusher 10-03-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8972765)
There is a lot of truth to that IMO.

i think so.
why would these players wanna work their butts off in 100 plus degree weather during TC to go out week in and week out just to get their asses handed to them.
we know it, so do these guys.

BlackHelicopters 10-03-2012 08:34 AM

Regression is a strong word. Sucked more?

BigMeatballDave 10-03-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8972739)
Cassel turned it over. So did Charles. So did Dex and the failed 4th down attempt.

I can't fault JC on his turnovers.

Why?

Because he can score from anywhere on the field.

boogblaster 10-03-2012 08:41 AM

2010 was a fluke ... carry on ....

noa 10-03-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

I agree with this. I think he started getting on a roll early and that helped him get in a comfort zone. Not that Cassel's comfort zone makes him a good QB, it just helps him from soiling his britches as often. Moeaki's amazing TD catch was in Week 3. Stuff like that only helped Cassel feel more confident even though in reality, that was a shitty pass and Moeaki bailed him out.

Valiant 10-03-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Bs, it is revisionist history that he was good/great in 2010.

We played the easiest schedule in the nfl in a decade.
Our defense was able to keep things honest against those shit teams.
Charles exploded.

Cassel was a biproduct of everything else.

htismaqe 10-03-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

And that might be an UNDERSTATEMENT.

L.A. Chieffan 10-03-2012 10:44 AM

I wouldn't call being the All Time Franchise Leader in yards through four games, “regressing".

Molitoth 10-03-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Cassel's Love Child (Post 8973073)
I wouldn't call being the All Time Franchise Leader in yards through four games, “regressing".

You are pretty good, but I think everyone knows your shtick by now. :p

Ace Gunner 10-03-2012 11:01 AM

During 2010, Cassel had what this whole team had -- a leader in Todd Haley & three very good coords to pressure each squad into weekly focus & execution.

What we see now, is what this team really is. Losers. Fumbling, bumbling losers.

When the new staff arrives, there will be changes that will startle fans.

suzzer99 10-03-2012 11:04 AM

With Weis at OC and Crennel at DC, I think we could've put Donald Duck at head coach and been fine. It really sucks that Haley is apparently such irascible douche that he ran Weis off and the whole thing unraveled.

suzzer99 10-03-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogblaster (Post 8972788)
2010 was a fluke ... carry on ....

Apparently 2010 was Cassel's version of Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers in a playoff game where they go like 32 for 35 with five touchdowns and zero punts. He was playing at his absolute ceiling.

BoneKrusher 10-03-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 8973129)
During 2010, Cassel had what this whole team had -- a leader in Todd Haley & three very good coords to pressure each squad into weekly focus & execution.

What we see now, is what this team really is. Losers. Fumbling, bumbling losers.

When the new staff arrives, there will be changes that will startle fans.

whatever it takes.
i just dont wanna see anyone get a free pass like Cassel got with Pissholi.

mcaj22 10-03-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 8973138)
With Weis at OC and Crennel at DC, I think we could've put Donald Duck at head coach and been fine. It really sucks that Haley is apparently such irascible douche that he ran Weis off and the whole thing unraveled.

egos like Weis and Crennel never should have been brought in the first place (hindsight 20/20)

thats Pioli's fault bringing in all his Pats tree buddies and smothering Haley with a bunch of egos versus Haleys own ego

it is very clear now after almost a decade+ that Weis and Crennel cannot ****ing coach their way out of a paper bag, Pioli cannot GM worth a shit and Todd Haley is insane.

Todd Haley is at least finding success elsewhere, the other 3 are done and are a bunch of proven losers without Tom Brady

bevischief 10-03-2012 11:14 AM

Because his Depends don't fit as snugly as they did in 2010. He sucks and always will.

DaneMcCloud 10-03-2012 11:18 AM

He sucked in 2010, it's just that Charles was so good that it hid his inadequacies to most people.

When it mattered, like in the Texans game, he shit himself. When it mattered, like in the Baltimore game, he shit himself. This was all pointed out by a few people during that season.

Ahem.

tooge 10-03-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8973183)
He sucked in 2010, it's just that Charles was so good that it hid his inadequacies to most people.

When it mattered, like in the Texans game, he shit himself. When it mattered, like in the Baltimore game, he shit himself. This was all pointed out by a few people during that season.

Ahem.

Pretty much. When you have a killer running game, you can dink and dunk your way through shitty defenses. The stats looked great, but the actual play didn't. Sort of like Peyton Manning right now. Big stats dinking and dunking his way through a really crappy defense. Shits bed otherwise.

cdcox 10-03-2012 11:25 AM

I'm a stat guy, but I'm going to say ignore the stats and look at his fundamentals. They were always weak. And for that reason, I was never on the Cassel bandwagon, even in 2010.

Garcia Bronco 10-03-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8972591)

Two things: Weis is a an excellent QB coach
Second: With the absence of good coaching and an upgraded lifestyle...Matt isn't trying hard enough or working smart enough.

Hammock Parties 10-03-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 8973229)
Two things: Weis is a an excellent QB coach
Second: With the absence of good coaching and an upgraded lifestyle...Matt isn't trying hard enough or working smart enough.

Not true. He hit the flash cards hard this offseason. He worked with a pitching coach trying to improve his release.

He did this shit with other QBs.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_as...07602_melt.jpg

He tried hard to suck badly.

mcaj22 10-03-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8973271)
Not true. He hit the flash cards hard this offseason. He worked with a pitching coach trying to improve his release.

there are some nice steamy turd QBs in that picture

BoneKrusher 10-03-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8973271)

looks like they're getting held up at gunpoint in a dark alley. :D

Cannibal 10-03-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8972668)
I think Weis/Haley did a good job of protecting him. I think its been reported/mentioned that Weis dumbed down the system and worked on his mechanics as best he could. Basically got as much out of him as he possibly could. I do remember his mechanics and his throws seemed to be stronger in 2010.

I remember when Weis was brought in, he said "the first thing I have to do is 'fix' the quarterback".

His "fix" was to throw short passes and run the ball on obvious passing downs. It actually worked pretty well because it masked Cassel's weaknesses and Weis was a good play caller.

Hammock Parties 10-03-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8973183)
When it mattered, like in the Texans game, he shit himself.

http://i56.tinypic.com/23uwnex.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/2r5su9u.jpg

Munson 10-03-2012 11:55 AM

2010 was a complete fraud. We had the #1 running game and Jamaal was averaging over 6 ypc. He should have raped the league, but only threw for 3,100 yards. Pathetic!

The real Matt Cassel showed up against Baltimore, when he went 9/18, 70 yards, 3 INTs, took 3 sacks, and didn't even target Bowe one time in that game.

kaplin42 10-03-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8972600)
He hasn't.

This is the answer right here.

In 2010 we played teams that failed at pass rush mostly, thus Cassel did ok. But every game that we played against a strong defense, he fail out right.

Rams game vs Ravens game.

He hasn't changed, we just haven't recieved a such a sissy schedule since then.

milkman 10-03-2012 12:21 PM

27-7 is an aberration.

He completed less than 60% of his passes for just over 200 yards a game, a number that was buffered by the 400+ garbage time yards against the Donkeys.

He is still completing less than 60% of his passes with a lot of garbage time yards.

milkman 10-03-2012 12:21 PM

Claythan has been nailing the truth throughout this thread.

Reaper16 10-03-2012 12:25 PM

He only looked good against Arizona and Seattle in 2010. Find a torrent of that 2010 Seattle game. Cassel played better in that game than he's ever played in his life. That was some impressive ****ing quarterbacking.

Too bad he's too mentally weak to play at even 10% of that level ever again.