ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2013 Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267814)

CLX 12-18-2012 09:36 PM

2013 Draft

Should we get a new GM and should we get the first pick in the draft and if we take a QB in the draft .... What if ....

The team actually puts the rookie in as the starter and he fails. Should the Chiefs try to find a castoff from another team again? Do the Chiefs let the season go and try to get the first round draft next year as well? If that should happen are the QB prospects next year actually better than what is available this year? If we get the QB in the first round this year we only pay him the rookie capped salary and really don't lose any money in the long term.

OR, do we go for the best impact player we can this year and take a chance on getting a better QB next year?

I haven't done a ton of research on the QB crops for this year and next but most of the talk I've heard has basically said that the QB pickings this year will be lesser than those next year.

What would you have the Chiefs do? Does the future still lie in the hands of Pioli? Should we keep the same coaching staff we have now? Should we keep the same scouting team that we've had for the past few years? I can't see much evidence that Pioli can repeat the building process he had in NE. Who would be the best choice for GM for the Chiefs? Marty? Green? Cower? What about the next HC for the Chiefs? Who's out there that might be the right guy at the right time?

Obviously I have no answers, but at the moment I don't think the Chiefs have any answers either. Do the sharpest fans have any plans that the Chiefs might consider? Traditionally the fans are just talkers, can the Save Our Chiefs crew find a way to put something together that might have an influence in the front office?

DaKCMan AP 12-18-2012 09:39 PM

http://images.nymag.com/bestofny/foo...cadito_560.jpg

LoneWolf 12-18-2012 09:39 PM

Cool thread, bro. I don't think any of these questions have been asked on here recently. Let me sleep on it, and I'll share my thoughts in the morning.

jaa1025 12-18-2012 09:41 PM

JFC dude. Stop over thinking this. Count on rookie struggles but just hope you see glimpses and not some JaMarcus Russell/Ryan Leaf clone. He will get 3-4 years if he struggles. It's imperative to get a HC/OC that has a history of grooming QB's. It's delicate. I'm really high on Andy Reid because he'd be HUGE for our new toy.

And I, like 99% chiefs fans, DO NOT WANT RAC or DABOLL coaching ANY QBoTF on this team.

In58men 12-18-2012 09:43 PM

Alex Smith

-King- 12-18-2012 09:44 PM

I haven't seen Daboll working with a QB that has actual talent. I'd like to see him working with Geno or Wilson next year.

Deberg_1990 12-18-2012 09:45 PM

Trust in your God the Chiefs will do the right thing.

Nightfyre 12-18-2012 09:45 PM

Andy Reid working in conjunction with a gm with a player personnel guru and a strong defensive coordinator. I could dig it, I guess.

Deberg_1990 12-18-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9222812)
I haven't seen Daboll working with a QB that has actual talent. I'd like to see him working with Geno or Wilson next year.

:facepalm:

LoneWolf 12-18-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

:doh!: Posts like this are why I hope the Mayan prophecy is true.

Bugeater 12-18-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

:spock: Not sure if serious.

JoeyChuckles 12-18-2012 09:56 PM

I believe the name for this is the "Blaine Gabbert Situation".

WildTurkey 12-18-2012 09:59 PM

The best "impact" player is always going to be a qb. So your question is moot. You take the best player at the most impactful position. We need to pop this drafting a qb cherry, I know it's scary but Chocolate pain will make everything alright.

DaneMcCloud 12-18-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9222814)
Andy Reid working in conjunction with a gm with a player personnel guru and a strong defensive coordinator. I could dig it, I guess.

No

-King- 12-18-2012 10:27 PM

LMAO