ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Magic Mike (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260897)

QuikSsurfer 06-28-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8708371)
take her and get her all hornied up

then go home and do a strip routine for her :D

http://i.minus.com/icmuvmx4BaQTS.gif

SAUTO 06-28-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8708371)
take her and get her all hornied up

then go home and do a strip routine for her :D

Dude she is pregnant.

Right in that good phase
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16 06-28-2012 07:37 PM

BTW -- I heard that Olivia Wilde gets naked in this movie. So there.

Brock 06-28-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8708130)
IRL this is right up the street from where I work. The address in the movie is IRL the adress where I work. It's some writers inside joke i guess.

Yeah? Where is it you live again for the 500th time?

Deberg_1990 06-28-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8708327)
doesn't matter what it is or who made it, it's still about men getting nekkid

why in hell would any straight guy want to see guys getting nekkid?

The trailer looks good. Yes they are selling the "men getting naked" angle to get the ladies in the door, but i think theres probably a little more going on.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Dd0XPRo4LZQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

big nasty kcnut 06-28-2012 08:22 PM

Sorry i don't like looking at other guys. Also get a couple of copies of fifty shades of grey sell them outside the movie house you will make bank.

JD10367 06-28-2012 09:10 PM

It's a rom-com about a male stripper who yearns for more. Gotta hand it to Soderburgh, at least he's one director who found a movie idea that wasn't a sequel or a remake.

I think this film will make more money than people think. Guys like Tatum (no homo) from his roles in "G.I. Joe" and "21 Jump Street". Girls--lots of them--are dying to see this film, as it combines both a romantic comedy AND dangling penii. (Every woman who's walked through my theater lobby in the past month has looked at the banner for this film, stopped, and gotten that "unfocused eye" look. I think I might sit outside the theater door and sell vibrators for ten bucks a whack.) Some guys will see it with their women, hoping they score. Other guys will see it with their boyfriends, hoping they score. :dom: I'll see it 'cause I don't have to pay for it, so why the hell not.

Micjones 06-29-2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8708335)
Also, if you can't look at the male physique without getting weirded out then you have some issues.

I guess I have some issues then.
Something tells me there are better ways to prove how comfortable I am in my sexuality than watching a half-naked man gyrating.

Micjones 06-29-2012 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8708362)
If i didn't pay good money to see Showgirls then i sure as hell ain't going to pay to see Showboys.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Deberg_1990 06-29-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8708541)
Gotta hand it to Soderburgh, at least he's one director who found a movie idea that wasn't a sequel or a remake.

Dude is fearless. in 1 year hes made a Virus flick, a balls out action flick with a female lead and now this. I cant think of too many directors out there with his all around range.

I wish more directors would expand out of their comfort zone like he does.

the Talking Can 06-29-2012 09:01 AM

anything soderbergh does is worth watching...assuming you aren't unsure about your own sexuality, of course...

Fish 06-29-2012 09:15 AM

Well hell... anyone actually comfortable with their own sexuality should have no problems giving another guy a BJ in the back alley.

Is that pretty much the hyperbola going on here?

Micjones 06-29-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8709041)
Well hell... anyone actually comfortable with their own sexuality should have no problems giving another guy a BJ in the back alley.

Is that pretty much the hyperbola going on here?

/thread

Reaper16 06-29-2012 11:20 AM

I'm not saying that you need to watch male strippers to prove you aren't gay. I'm not saying that you should find anything enjoyable about scantily-clad men.

I'm saying that the presence of scantily-clad men in a film shouldn't give you the willies. That's it. There's nothing creepy about it. There's nothing gross. Boring? Sure. But a reaction of "ewwwww, men" is childish and insecure.

Shit, if women acted towards every other mainstream film (which are loaded with scantily-clad women) like you guys act towards Magic Mike then no women would watch movies.

phisherman 06-29-2012 11:28 AM

Knowing Soderbergh's films, a lot of the women just looking to ogle manflesh are probably going to get a little different film than they envisioned Magic Mike to be.