ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs [KC taking a QB #1] "I say absolutely no chance of that happening." -Mel Kiper (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269805)

Pasta Little Brioni 02-07-2013 06:49 PM

I want to see a Kiper/SNR derape...I mean debate.

Three7s 02-07-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manjy90 (Post 9385839)
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8925376

Says it around 3:45

I prefer Mayock over at NFL for my mock drafts, but Kiper is smart enough and cares enough about his reputation to not make a statement like that unless he absolutely believes in it.

Yeah, and I believe that Kiper is a dumbass and I wouldn't say it unless I absolutely believed it.

Hootie 02-07-2013 06:49 PM

Yep.

Jimmy Clausen was #4 on his big board in front of #5 Sam Bradford.

Kiper is a dipshit. What he says means NOTHING.

stonedstooge 02-07-2013 06:50 PM

He had RGIII going to Cleveland at 4 this time last year

BigMeatballDave 02-07-2013 06:52 PM

How the **** does Kiper still work on TV?

No QB taken in the 1st?

I hope he ****ing dies in his sleep tonight.

The Franchise 02-07-2013 06:52 PM

Mayock has Geno going #8 to the Bills. Why the **** wouldn't the Chiefs take him at #1 then........****ing reeruns.

saphojunkie 02-07-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9385854)
"JaMarcus Russell will turn the Raiders franchise around."

Well, in his defense Jamarcus Russell had every physical tool...

I can't even keep a straight face. ROFL

The Franchise 02-07-2013 06:54 PM

You know what.....I hate Andrew Luck now. Not only because we didn't get to draft him....but because of what he's done to the drafting a QB with the first overall debate.

**** you, Andrew Luck. **** you.

Hootie 02-07-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9385884)
You know what.....I hate Andrew Luck now. Not only because we didn't get to draft him....but because of what he's done to the drafting a QB with the first overall debate.

**** you, Andrew Luck. **** you.

you guys get awful angry about pre-combine commentary

who cares?

let the combine happen and then start worrying

RealSNR 02-07-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9385886)
you guys get awful angry about pre-combine commentary

who cares?

let the combine happen and then start worrying

Why do some people get upset over shit on MSNBC and FOX News?

It's bullshit. Completely fabricated bullshit. That's why.

ModSocks 02-07-2013 06:57 PM

It that very same interview, Kiper says he believes no QB's are going in the 1st round unless a team trades up from the 2nd for one.

Can we stop giving a shit about this guy's opinion now?

hometeam 02-07-2013 07:00 PM

http://www.thedrunkgoat.com/mel-kipe...-****in-idiot/

(if your reading this with the filter on, you know what to do)

Quote:

“JaMarcus Russell is going to immediately energize that fanbase, that football team — on the practice field, in that locker room. Three years from now you could be looking at a guy that’s certainly one of the elite top five quarterbacks in this league. …You’re talking about a 2-3 year period once he’s under center. Look out because the skill level that he has is certainly John Elway-like.”
– ESPN’s Mel Kiper
I really don’t need to say a whole lot more. But I will. I am sick of the trust people put into Mel Kiper Jr.’s mock drafts on ESPN. I hear we may get an Offensive Tackle from Texas A&M with the number one overall pick. While that might be true, I better hear it from somebody better than Kiper.
Seriously, think about this, this guy does one job, all ****ing year, he tries to figure out who will draft who. It sounds hard, and all people really care about is the firs half of his mock draft, if that much. He makes promises to fan bases that are just wrong, and he does all of this with confidence as if he is the best, but time and time again, he is wrong. He tore Russell Wilson apart saying he was not good enough to be an NFL caliber quarterback, boy was he wrong, Wilson is quite the candidate for rookie of the year.
Just a few reminders of some reeruned shit he has done, here are a few more QBs be guaranteed to be franchise QBs in the league: Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, David
Carr, Joey Harrington, Andre Ware and Jeff George. He said Akili Smith was way better than Donovan McNabb and Daunte Culpepper!
All this article is meant to convey is that we Chiefs fans don’t need to be worried or even believe what Mel Kiper says, he could be right as he has been before (His genius guessed Andrew Luck to go First Overall!!) But I just wouldn’t be so sure yet, everything will change many times around combine time.

Jerm 02-07-2013 07:02 PM

Ahhh ole Mel...yes Mr. Nick Fairley or Da'Quan Bowers to the Panthers at #1...

He's a parody now...

Hootie 02-07-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9385890)
Why do some people get upset over shit on MSNBC and FOX News?

It's bullshit. Completely fabricated bullshit. That's why.

I am about as big of a Chiefs fan as they come...you probably are too.

I just can't get mad about what Mel Kiper and other draft "experts" say 3 months before the freaking draft and before the combine.

Things drastically change every single year from now until the middle of March...and then from the middle of March until draft night eve (when "experts" start finally figuring shit out)

Chiefs Pantalones 02-07-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9385892)
It that very same interview, Kiper says he believes no QB's are going in the 1st round unless a team trades up from the 2nd for one.

Can we stop giving a shit about this guy's opinion now?

WTF?! There's gonna be like 4-6 taken in the first round alone. Probably 4 in the top 15.