ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Broken Planes & Families, and the number 159 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=247877)

Saul Good 08-05-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7803913)
I wonder what Frankie's son does. He'd probably be a chess grandmaster if he wanted, but, honestly, that peasant game bores him to death.

Like Marilyn Vos Savant, his son also writes an advice column.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/ask...onvince,19354/

evenfall 08-05-2011 03:04 PM

How amusing. Einstein 159 claims he is just as smart as Stephen Hawking.

evenfall 08-05-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

I wonder what Frankie's son does. He'd probably be a chess grandmaster if he wanted, but, honestly, that peasant game bores him to death.

We only know he is damn sure not an aerospace engineer.

Saul Good 08-05-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenfall (Post 7803963)
How amusing. Einstein 159 claims he is just as smart as Stephen Hawking.

Somewhere, Stephen Hawking is claiming to be just as smart as Frankie. The mod on the Berkeley Center for Theoretical Physics message board has changed his moniker from "Hawkster" to "Frankie 159".

Hawkster erroneously posted that a muon is not classified as a lepton. It was an honest mistake, and the rest of the board had a good-natured chuckle at his expense. Hawkster took it too far and claimed that he was as smart as Frankie, and the dogpile ensued.

Frankie 08-05-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7803535)
Frankie, even the smartest man on Earth is still a primate. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Oh hell, you know what I mean. You're smart enough. Allegedly.

threebag 08-05-2011 03:22 PM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...FD-XCJkmtwgBRw

Frankies new avatar

Pants 08-05-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Einstein 159 (Post 7804014)

I know what you were trying to say.

I was simply expressing my surprise that someone with your intellect and knowledge did not know that humans are of the Primates order.

Donger 08-05-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Einstein 159 (Post 7804014)

Did you know that all humans are primates, Frankie?

Frankie 08-05-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7803551)
I just re-read the OP, and it just gets dumber every time.

It just did.

Quote:

A jet drives off a runway, careens down a hill and into a field, and has its fuselage break in two as a result. Frankie's take? "Holy shit! Good thing that plane wasn't 36,000 feet in the air when that happened".

That's not what I said. I said something in what I considered to be a general terms. Some folks took as specific and based on that, not missing a beat, started their customary insults and shit tossing. I may have been mistaken in thinking that my "general" term was not going to be understood well. But the resident assholes just HAD to disregard that possibility and attack. Sorry dude. Like calling me, say, a ****ing dunce.
Quote:

What a ****ing dunce. Does he just own the stupid thread? Of course not. After being called on his stupidity, how does he respond?

1- There's NOTHING to own. At worst it's a misunderstanding in an insignificant "news" thread. If not for the butt-hurt of some of the usual clowns in past "debates" with me, this should have gone no more than 30 posts. And, BTW, note when I came in.

2- Gee I call people on their "mistake," not their "stupidity." Not until enough malice and name-callings is directed at me.

That's the difference between someone civilized and cavemen. And that last point has absolutely NOTHING to do with geography.

Dave Lane 08-05-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

You have an infraction coming for talking about a family member! I got one last week. DaFace do your thing

Pants 08-05-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Einstein 159 (Post 7804058)
That's the difference between someone civilized and cavemen. And that last point has absolutely NOTHING to do with geography.

Or you could have acted like a man. You could have been intellectually honest, admitted that you got a little carried away with your OP and everyone would just go "Oh lol, it's just ol' Frankie being Frankie."

threebag 08-05-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7804069)
Or you could have acted like a man. You could have been intellectually honest, admitted that you got a little carried away with your OP and everyone would just go "Oh lol, it's just ol' Frankie being Frankie."

This. Frankie is usually a pretty good sport. But this has just 'plane' got out of hand.

Donger 08-05-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Einstein 159 (Post 7804058)
1- There's NOTHING to own. At worst it's a misunderstanding in an insignificant "news" thread. If not for the butt-hurt of some of the usual clowns in past "debates" with me, this should have gone no more than 30 posts. And, BTW, note when I came in.

You mean this?

Structural fatigue vs air (no matter how aerodynamic) and vibration can create a similar failure.

You chose to double-down.

TimeForWasp 08-05-2011 03:48 PM

I can't believe this thread has almost 10,000 views. :hmmm:

Frankie 08-05-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7803582)
Http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-40548163
Evidently, the odds of a flight-related accident are 1 in 1,600,000. In other words, if fuselages are prone to spontaneously snap in half, it has been a rare phenomenon as of late. In yet other words, we're overdue.

Fuselages can break up mid air if they are not maintained right. I was generally questioning some airliners maintenance practices.

If there were any mistake on my part it was in my wording. But I will not leave unanswered ridicules by half-wits who did not give THAT a little thought in their blind rush to "prove" THIS "FERNER" is less intelligent than them. That's why I'm still here and adamant in seeing it through.

I learned long ago on this forum that I cannot afford to embolden the chimps.