ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports The MIA Heat Show Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230483)

KC_Connection 03-06-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 7471032)
That's a pretty lame excuse.

How many games would OKC be in without Durant?
The Lakers without Kobe?
Etc...
You take Lebron out, you still have Wade and Bosh. There are plenty of superstars in this league that put their team in a position to win in the 4th.

But greatness is measured by what you do when the game is on the line. And Lebron has been very below average all season long stepping up in the 4th when they need him most.

It's not an excuse. It's just a fact. Without LeBron James (the best player in the NBA and reigning MVP), the Heat probably wouldn't even have 40 wins right now. Probably not 35, either.

KC_Connection 03-06-2011 10:19 PM

I don't even like defending LeBron because I dislike him and the Heat, but the hatred gets to be too much sometimes. It really blinds people to greatness.

Just Passin' By 03-06-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 7470979)
Miami wouldn't even be in these games at all if he wasn't dominating. Keep that in mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 7471214)
It's not an excuse. It's just a fact. Without LeBron James (the best player in the NBA and reigning MVP), the Heat probably wouldn't even have 40 wins right now. Probably not 35, either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 7471224)
I don't even like defending LeBron because I dislike him and the Heat, but the hatred gets to be too much sometimes. It really blinds people to greatness.

The Heat managed to win 47 games last year. It's not as if their pulling all of this out of their ass, all because of the great and powerful James.

The Bad Guy 03-06-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 7471214)

Chris Bosh & Dwayne Wade and using Bron's money on getting a legit PG and center would likely make the Heat a better overall team.

chiefzilla1501 03-06-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 7471224)

Nobody's doubting that he's great and a superstar.

I just think if he didn't have so much baggage, he'd have the talent to be one of the best this game ever produced.

KC_Connection 03-06-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7471241)
The Heat managed to win 47 games last year. It's not as if their pulling all of this out of their ass, all because of the great and powerful James.

They have 43 wins right now with 20 games left. And it's mostly because of LeBron James.

KC_Connection 03-06-2011 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7471302)
Chris Bosh & Dwayne Wade and using Bron's money on getting a legit PG and center would likely make the Heat a better overall team.

How about keeping LeBron and Wade and using Bosh's money? The three are all getting paid the same, I think.

chiefzilla1501 03-06-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 7471402)
How about keeping LeBron and Wade and using Bosh's money? The three are all getting paid the same, I think.

That would have been the logical thing to do, except that the three were more interested in orchestrating a 3-ring circus rather than building a complete team. The same shit Lebron did in Cleveland. The front office in Cleveland bent over backwards to accommodate him. If he cared half enough about recruiting good players into Cleveland as he did about the PR spectacle that was "the decision" the Cavs would have easily won a championship. He's just too immature to realize how great he could be.

DaKCMan AP 03-07-2011 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 7471422)
That would have been the logical thing to do, except that the three were more interested in orchestrating a 3-ring circus rather than building a complete team. The same shit Lebron did in Cleveland. The front office in Cleveland bent over backwards to accommodate him. If he cared half enough about recruiting good players into Cleveland as he did about the PR spectacle that was "the decision" the Cavs would have easily won a championship. He's just too immature to realize how great he could be.

Eh, this hasn't been the full team the whole season. Haslem has missed 47 games. Miller has missed 37 games. That's pretty significant from your two most important bench players. Next year (assuming it stays in the CBA) they'll have the MLE to hopefully upgrade at PG, C, or both.

The last 2 weeks have been very disappointing. Still have hope that they'll breakthrough. Outside of the San Antonio game it's not like they've been dominated. It's been a lot of close losses in games they let get away after having double-digit leads. They haven't executed in the final minutes, despite some good looks.

Swanman 03-07-2011 08:15 AM

Looks like D Wade is well aware that pretty much everyone hates the Heat. In the postgame conference he said something along the lines of "people got to see what they wanted, a loss by us. The world is a better place now".

I don't see it ending well for the slightly above average-sized 3. When you can't win one single game against a team with a +.700 winning %, that doesn't bode well starting in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Saul Good 03-07-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 7471731)
Looks like D Wade is well aware that pretty much everyone hates the Heat. In the postgame conference he said something along the lines of "people got to see what they wanted, a loss by us. The world is a better place now".

Sounds like it's starting to get to them. Sucks when you believe your own hype, I guess.

Maybe the refs will let D-Wade shoot 46 free-throws in the last 2 playoff games of the series again like the last time he got a title. There's still hope of that happening. It is the NBA, after all.

dirk digler 03-07-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 7471679)
Eh, this hasn't been the full team the whole season. Haslem has missed 47 games. Miller has missed 37 games. That's pretty significant from your two most important bench players. Next year (assuming it stays in the CBA) they'll have the MLE to hopefully upgrade at PG, C, or both.

The last 2 weeks have been very disappointing. Still have hope that they'll breakthrough. Outside of the San Antonio game it's not like they've been dominated. It's been a lot of close losses in games they let get away after having double-digit leads. They haven't executed in the final minutes, despite some good looks.

eh, the Celtics have more injuries than probably every team combined yet they keep plugging away and winning games even shockingly close games. :D

As people predicted they spent all their money on 3 players and now they have the worst bench in the NBA.

DaKCMan AP 03-07-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7471743)
Sounds like it's starting to get to them. Sucks when you believe your own hype, I guess.

Maybe the refs will let D-Wade shoot 46 free-throws in the last 2 playoff games of the series again like the last time he got a title. There's still hope of that happening. It is the NBA, after all.

Nice, since we're bringing up refs they would have won yesterday if not for the phantom foul against Mike Miller following Deng's FT miss. In the end, Lebron and Wade had their final attempts and missed.

Saul Good 03-07-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 7471808)
Nice, since we're bringing up refs they would have won yesterday if not for the phantom foul against Mike Miller following Deng's FT miss. In the end, Lebron and Wade had their final attempts and missed.

Yep. Miami gets hooked at home in the NBA. That's how it works. Which team do you suppose shot more free throws?

DJ's left nut 03-07-2011 09:36 AM

Wow.

Even in Miami, it's still never LBJ's fault.

Unbelievable.