ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football I hope people finally stop doing this now..... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269132)

suzzer99 01-20-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9338082)
Tom Brady is 32 years old?

John Elway and Jim Plunkett are the only QBs with wins in the SB over the age of 33.

The Patriot run is almost certainly over with Tom Brady at QB.

I can't believe you forgot about Steve DeBerg. Remember when the refs didn't make a phantom holding call on Dave Szott at Miami, and the Chiefs went on that magical run to win the Super Bowl?

DTLB58 01-20-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9338227)
I wish we failed like that

Well, so do I, until after the first season. Then I would want to start winning in the post season.

tk13 01-20-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9338205)
They'll probably win the division again next year. The AFC East is horrible.

You could easily take "East" out of that sentence. The Pats probably aren't going away next year. I wasn't sure there was a single great team in the AFC... and there wasn't. The conference champ lost 4 of it's last 5 games during the season and limped into the playoffs. The Broncos basically beat up on maybe the worst division ever, the Patriots got their face punched in against physical teams, and Houston got whipped the last quarter of the season.

Cmd'r&Chief 01-20-2013 10:00 PM

Though I agree the patriots are slowly becoming the soda that has lost all of its fizz. They will continue to be favored because they are consistently in the playoff run, and multi time super bowl contenders

Hootie 01-20-2013 10:02 PM

Belichick needs to work on his defense somehow...

and they need to add a speedy receiver to stretch the defense.

Other than that, this team is as good as any and will contend again next year.

DTLB58 01-20-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 9338231)
I can't believe you forgot about Steve DeBerg. Remember when the refs didn't make a phantom holding call on Dave Szott at Miami, and the Chiefs went on that magical run to win the Super Bowl?

That was a fun game. Till the end. Remember Albert Lewis going for the int on either Duper or Clayton on the sideline pattern, missing and they turned it up field for a big gain?

I'm reading the Martyball book that just came out. I'm in 1986 right now. Gonna be some bad memories soon!

Hammock Parties 01-20-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9338082)
Tom Brady is 32 years old?

John Elway and Jim Plunkett are the only QBs with wins in the SB over the age of 33.

The Patriot run is almost certainly over with Tom Brady at QB.

Brady is 35.

Hammock Parties 01-20-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9338244)
Belichick needs to work on his defense somehow...

and they need to add a speedy receiver to stretch the defense.

Other than that, this team is as good as any and will contend again next year.

Unless they add bonafide playmakers on offense they'll be worse next year.

That has always been their hangup post-Moss.

DTLB58 01-20-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9338237)
You could easily take "East" out of that sentence. The Pats probably aren't going away next year. I wasn't sure there was a single great team in the AFC... and there wasn't. The conference champ lost 4 of it's last 5 games during the season and limped into the playoffs. The Broncos basically beat up on maybe the worst division ever, the Patriots got their face punched in against physical teams, and Houston got whipped the last quarter of the season.

Yep. It just seems most season lately, the Pats have a very easy regular season schedule, but are failing to achieve their ultimate goal in the post season.

I think it has been 8 seasons now since they have won a SB. Back to the Eagle TO game.

tk13 01-20-2013 10:12 PM

Yeah, but that said the NFC isn't going away. The Niners, Falcons, Seahawks, Packers are all dangerous. That doesn't even include the Skins, Giants, Saints, etc. who all have great QBs.

The Ravens won't have Lewis and maybe not Reed either next year. The only ascending QBs are probably Luck, Flacco, and probably Dalton.

Hootie 01-20-2013 10:13 PM

I envy the Seahawks and the way that team was built.

Dallas Chief 01-20-2013 10:20 PM

Amnorix been around tonight??? LMAO

Hootie 01-20-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 9338271)
Amnorix been around tonight??? LMAO

yeah apparently every time the Pats lose in the playoffs it is never Brady's fault

not once

movinbones 01-20-2013 10:28 PM

Hard to win without cheating

Hammock Parties 01-20-2013 10:32 PM

Brady wasn't very good but Belicheat has provided him with almost 0 legit down field targets. Gronkowski helps alleviate that somewhat but not enough and without him they were screwed tonight.