ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movie theater popcorn (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141388)

keg in kc 05-27-2006 08:38 AM

Movie theater popcorn

As the summer flick season gets going, I thought I'd start a thread on that most beautiful, and fleeting, staple of movie bliss: good popcorn.

Anybody who finds some that doesn't taste like old burnt shoe leather, please please please share with the rest of the class.

unlurking 05-27-2006 08:50 AM

I actually really like the Boy Scouts microwave butter popcorn. It is the ONLY microwave popcorn that actually tastes like corn, and not cardboard with grease.

As far a movie theatre popcorn goes, they seem to usually start making the new batches around the 3 or 4 pm shows (before that you get yesterday's leftovers). I hate going to earlier shows and getting the old cardboard stuff.

keg in kc 05-27-2006 09:28 AM

I usually go to the late matinees, and always get old corn.

I'm about to hit an 11 am showing, I'm curious to see what I get this time.

greg63 05-27-2006 11:49 AM

There's this place up town that sells great popcorn, and as an added side attraction they show a movie for a minimal charge. The popcorn and other refreshments are at a much increased, additional charge.

keg in kc 05-27-2006 12:17 PM

I just caught an 11 am showing of x3 at the amc at 119th and Strang Line, and the popcorn was...(gasp) fresh.

luv 05-27-2006 12:22 PM

How was the movie?

JBucc 05-27-2006 12:23 PM

I don't like popcorn. At movies I always get Nachos with lots of peppers and a big Coke. Maybe a pickle.

keg in kc 05-27-2006 12:25 PM

I get nachos about half the time.

Never drink soda, though. Only water or those frozen slushie things (or both).

And X3 was fine, I thought. I was entertained. I'm going to see DaVinci Code tomorrow I think. Morning flicks on the weekend are only $4.

JBucc 05-27-2006 12:26 PM

I also think they should bring back intermission in long movies so I can go pee.

luv 05-27-2006 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
I don't like popcorn. At movies I always get Nachos with lots of peppers and a big Coke. Maybe a pickle.

You're one of those noisy people, aren't you? :p

keg in kc 05-27-2006 12:28 PM

I can't remember the last movie I saw that was long enough to need that. One of the Lord of the Rings films probably, but I don't think I had a problem with it.

JBucc 05-27-2006 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
You're one of those noisy people, aren't you? :p

Yep. I fart a lot too. It's good for saving seats.

luv 05-27-2006 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
I can't remember the last movie I saw that was long enough to need that. One of the Lord of the Rings films probably, but I don't think I had a problem with it.

I went to one once that had one. I didn't know it did. The movie stopped, the lights came up a little, and I was like WTF is going on?

keg in kc 05-27-2006 12:30 PM

I go in this morning, the theater is almost empty. And this is a big theater. So I get my favorite seat, one row from the back on the lower group of seats, dead center.

And of course, even though the theater is almost empty, rows in front of me, a whole tiered section behind me, these two teenage assclowns have to come sit two seats away from me in my row, and make cracks through the previews. Thankfully they shut up during the movie (mostly). Good thing for them that they did. Sucks to get taken out of a movie in a body bag.

DaKCMan AP 05-27-2006 12:48 PM

I usually don't buy food at the theater. I don't like to pay $7 for a bag of grease plus $5 for a drink. And if I did, I'd probably go for the nachos.