ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU From a KU fan, congrats to MU and their fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279070)

Chiefs Pantalones 12-01-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10235828)
Considering Mizzou only won two games in conference last year, and Auburn won zero in conference last year, these two teams in the Championship is a million to one odds.

Thanks for the kinds words.

That's why it's the best though. Anything can happen! Hats off to Gary for getting the talent in there. So damn fast everywhere.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-01-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10235828)
Considering Mizzou only won two games in conference last year, and Auburn won zero in conference last year, these two teams in the Championship is a million to one odds.

Thanks for the kinds words.

I hope y'all didn't party too hard last night. Some of my MU friends are going to the game today on no sleep LMAO. Liquor strength and adrenaline I tell ya.

BlackHelicopters 12-01-2013 09:59 AM

Drink up!

kchero 12-01-2013 10:09 AM

Thank you guys, classy posts. My good KU bud even text me last night with compliments. I told him I'll probably be repaying the favor to him in march. Cheers!

Molitoth 12-01-2013 10:15 AM

As much as I dislike Ohio State, haven't they gone undefeated 2 seasons in a row now? And weren't even bowl eligible last year?

Although yesteredays game was close, IIRC they have been destroying teams, even when Braxton Miller was sidelined.

I think they deserve the NC game.

Obviously I want MU going, but as long as Bama isn't in it... I will watch it.

Rausch 12-01-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 10235898)
As much as I dislike Ohio State, haven't they gone undefeated 2 seasons in a row now? And weren't even bowl eligible last year?

Although yesteredays game was close, IIRC they have been destroying teams, even when Braxton Miller was sidelined.

I think they deserve the NC game.

Obviously I want MU going, but as long as Bama isn't in it... I will watch it.

I'm dreaming of a MU/FSU NC game.

My two favorite college teams in a NC game?

The fact it's even (however unlikely) possible makes me go semi...

Eleazar 12-01-2013 10:49 AM

Ohio State still has to get past Michigan State this week, who is ranked #10 or something.

Prison Bitch 12-01-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 10235770)
You must live in bizarro world.

This is flying straight over your head I see.

Mizzou doesn't have reeruns like the thread starter in their fanbase. They have reeruns to be sure, just not the type we have starting congratulatory threads.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-01-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10235957)

Mizzou doesn't have reeruns like the thread starter in their fanbase. They have reeruns to be sure, just not the type we have starting congratulatory threads.

WTF are you talking about? What they have done deserves respect.

Prison Bitch 12-01-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 10235970)
WTF are you talking about? What they have done deserves respect.

I don't know why you're congratulating fans. What did they do? If we win today vs Denver will you congratulate me on the win?

Rausch 12-01-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10235957)

Mostly because in the back of our minds we KNOW there's a 5th down lurking ahead somewhere...

Chiefs Pantalones 12-01-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10235972)
I don't know why you're congratulating fans. What did they do? If we win today vs Denver will you congratulate me on the win?

Because what they've been through. As a Chiefs fan I know what that feels like. They're loyal just like us and it's getting rewarded now. The fans/alumni, etc make the programs. As a sports fan it's awesome to see. I must've watched a hundred Auburn reaction videos because it's awesome. The joy part is probably spent less on than the sad part. It's just a great feeling to win and to see it happen to a loyal fan base that has had rough times. The light always shines through after awhile. I'm just a sports fan and it's just cool to see.

Buehler445 12-01-2013 11:09 AM

I agree with the OP. Good for MU. I never really get involved with the banter, but it is nice to see someone not named Alabama.

FWIW I think there is a 0% chance there is a NC game without an SEC team.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-01-2013 11:10 AM

ya cheers, mizzou-folk. Absolutely fabulous year this year on the football field! Enjoy it, it can go to shit quickly... trust us on that. :(

Chiefs Pantalones 12-01-2013 11:34 AM

lol I'm gonna make prison bitch happy. Terrible win, MU. The solar system was off and the birds weren't chirping that day. That's why you're a success. It's not because of the coaches, it's not because of a supportive fan base, it's not because of the players on the field. You're winning because of El Niņo. :sarcasm:

To ignore something so obvious like success is to be ignorant. Why the F can't I congratulate them? It's well deserved. You can't take away what they've done. I'm KU all the way but I'm not a ****ing idiot. They just made the SEC title game IN THEIR SECOND YEAR IN THE TOUGHEST FOOTBALL CONFERENCE. You can't spin that.