ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Commisioner finds Pats Guilty (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=169839)

percysnow 09-11-2007 05:06 PM

Commisioner finds Pats Guilty

will give them chance to plea case fri. . see below Donger's post

Skip Towne 09-11-2007 05:08 PM

repost

Donger 09-11-2007 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
repost

Where?

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has determined that the New England Patriots violated league rules Sunday when they videotaped defensive signals by the New York Jets' coaches, according to league sources.

NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella on the New England sidelines when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Sources say the visual evidence confirmed the suspicion.

Goodell is considering severe sanctions, including the possibility of docking the Patriots "multiple draft picks" because it is the competitive violation in the wake of a stern warning to all teams since he became commissioner, the sources said. The Patriots have been suspected in previous incidents.

The Patriots will be allowed an opportunity to present their case by Friday, sources said, most likely via the telephone.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said on Tuesday that no official decision has been made and that the club has not been notified.

The league also was reviewing a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during Sunday's game, sources said. The team did not have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game.

Goodell is expected to have a decision no later than Friday but that is not set in stone.

Bugeater 09-11-2007 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
repost

repostwhore

Molitoth 09-11-2007 05:40 PM

They should give the Pat's an auto-loss and give the win to the Jets, among other things.

dirk digler 09-11-2007 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth
They should give the Pat's an auto-loss and give the win to the Jets, among other things.

Yep.

Strip them of the win and take their 1st and 2nd round draft choices away for next year

Mecca 09-11-2007 05:43 PM

Ok you guys are going overboard......

BucEyedPea 09-11-2007 05:44 PM

I am very disappointed they did this.
But the radio frequency issue is still be looked into. I hope they didn't do that too.

KcMizzou 09-11-2007 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
Ok you guys are going overboard......

We already know where you stand. You've always been cool with cheating, no matter the method. Steroids, etc..

KCChiefsMan 09-11-2007 05:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater
repostwhore

you gotta really make the point with a bada$$ repost pic

Mecca 09-11-2007 05:50 PM

Psh, you watch the NFL, I'm sure most of the league isn't on something. I accept it as a fan and I move on...all sorts of shady shit goes on, don't prop it up like it's this great place where bad things and cheating dont happen.

BucEyedPea 09-11-2007 05:53 PM

A former NFL camerman speaks

September 11th, 2007
A former cameraman speaks
Posted by John Tomase at 3:16 pm

A former Patriots video coordinator e-mailed to say what happened during the Jets game was incredibly common and not a big deal. To wit:

“I read your article with amusement about the Patriots camerman being nabbed at NY. Having worked in the NFL as a video coordinator with both the Pats and the Carolina Panthers, I can tell you this happens all the time. I was often asked by coaches to film opponents, usually during pregame warmups. I find it hard to believe that the Pats would be so brazen with it. We often had cameras hooked up to monitors that the coaches would watch in the booth. I never actually recorded anything, so as not to leave evidence! And I can guarantee you the Jets and everybody else are doing it too.”

HemiEd 09-11-2007 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea
I am very disappointed they did this.
But the radio frequency issue is still be looked into. I hope they didn't do that too.

Has anyone ever looked into the last two minutes of the Chiefs playoff loss to the Bronco's in '98? Elvis said his helmet was shrieking with a squealing noise. It was then quietly forgotten. I have always wondered if the Bronco's didn't jam his helmet with radio noise.

BucEyedPea 09-11-2007 05:56 PM

I don't know. I didn't watch football then.

I have read a book by a former player saying the teams use spies and other things.

Mecca 09-11-2007 05:58 PM

It's the league man if you don't think teams do shit like this all the time...

It's basically the same as acting like Merriman is the only guy doing roids.